Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Cheap Trick would certainly not disappoint me, but if you gave me a vote, these guys would get it....

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9vQ2o2sHqbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9vQ2o2sHqbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
      While you are at it, give Patty Smyth a phone call and see if she wants to get Scandal back together again.
      Hang on . Let's not forget - she wants nothing to do with any white rock bands . She said so herself .

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Might as well get Disco Tex back together.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swkqYl6KT9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swkqYl6KT9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
          Hang on . Let's not forget - she wants nothing to do with any white rock bands . She said so herself .
          Hows about a link to that little nugget of information? Not doubting you, I'd just like to read (or hear) about that for myself.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

Saw her say it on one of those VH-1 shows about the '80's , or Women In Rock , or possibly a metal/hard rock Top 100 type episode. I can't remember exactly , but I swear to God himself , in reference to being asked to join Van Halen , she replied " Why would I want to join a white rock band ? " Undoubtedly , someone around here had to have seen that . Trust me , it has always stuck in my crawlspace . It was at least 5 years ago .

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

That really is odd, but it proves that you sometimes have to take what these entertainers have to say with a grain of salt. About 3 years ago, she had gotten Scandal back together to record an EP, then she announced they were making an album. As of this writing, neither has materialized.
              Last edited by chefcraig; 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Well...a summer stadium tour would definitely be a step in the right direction, and it would certainly interest me more than the indoor winter greatest hits tour did. All they have to do is address the bass player situation and God Himself could open for them and still be blown off the stage...well, as long as Ed stayed sober and had more "on" nights, anyway.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Folks, stadiums are loonnnnng gone from Van Halen's existence....

Now, had Roth stayed in the band, they were on the verge of stadiums in the mid to late '80's.....

But that dog ain't huntin' no more...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fuck stadiums. I'd rather see Van Halen at The Gorge than Qwest Field any day.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      All they have to do is address the bass player situation and God Himself could open for them and still be blown off the stage...well, as long as Ed stayed sober and had more "on" nights, anyway.
                      What if God Himself was the bass player? Or at least Son of God Myself?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Jesus Christ!
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Fuck stadiums. I'd rather see Van Halen at The Gorge than Qwest Field any day.
                          yup. id go one step further and say, Id rather my local bar. Holds 300.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Holy shit. Jesus really DOES play bass!!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                              yup. id go one step further and say, Id rather my local bar. Holds 300.
                              Ideal is 2000-3000. I have no interest in watching rock music in a stadium and arenas are patchy at best.

If nothing else a ten minute walk for a piss is becoming more and more problematic for the Van Halen audience demographically speaking.

I missed Unchained at the last tour because a drum solo just isn't enough time in some of these arenas.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

A stadium show is not for the sound quality of the show or the stage visuals. A stadium show is merely for the event of it all. It is truly something special when 65,000+ people are singing along Dance, Dance, Dance the night away when Dave holds out the mic. Not saying they could pull it off without a stellar album & a couple great openers...and "actual" publicity. But stadium shows are fun just for the magnitude.

1996 they could have done a summer full of stadiums. As usual, the sisters pissed away another golden opportunity. Whoda thunk they were capable?

How many of you would set your flux capacitor to US Fest 83? That fucker had over 300,000. Talk about an event for the ages.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...