X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I paid a whopping $8 to see the 1980 Invasion Tour. I still have the stub but the shirt rotted away years ago.
    1980's rock t-shirts...pioneers in biodegradable products?
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      I wonder why no one mentioned Lady Gaga's current tour.

Part of the problem with music today is it all fuckin sucks.
      I believe you just answered your own question.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Wouldn't hurt also if they would try to sell $15 T-shirts for $40 either....
        I take it that was a typo.

T-shirts have always been a fucking racket as long as I can remember.

Most of the time I don't buy one but did on the last tour - fuck what's another $40 when you are already at $2000....

I'm actually wearing it just now and my objection is that it's shit.

The quality is pretty poor and the cut and design not great. I know it's a pissy thing but it annoys me that a dumb run of 20 Fruit of the Loom T-shirts Von spent 20 minutes designing and setting up over the interweb for the DDLR website was much better quality. I can't remember the exact figures but it was around $10 a piece on those tiny numbers.

As I said you expect to get ripped off a bit but they are pushing their luck with this shit.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-05-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As far as the ticket prices go personally if I go to see a band live these days and they charge over £30($45) I feel completely justified in pirating their album off the internet.

It's just a different business model, recorded music is now a promotion tool for live performances whereas it used to be the opposite.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I take it that was a typo.
            Oopsie....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
              The whole issue is absurd. First Azoff takes part in a scam that rips off concert goers through ticket manipulation (which included the VH tour), then joins the company (Ticketmaster) that he colluded with. Now, as head of that evil empire, he bemoans the state of the concert industry, which was destroyed by the very evil empire he now runs. And just to compound his already fuzzy ideas of integrity, the man believes that Van Halen and Fleetwood Mac will somehow come to the rescue, restore order and (one would assume) profitability to this sordid, warped and insipid industry. Okey-doke.
              Exactly. Azoff is hoping VH and Mac rescue his bank account basically.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Antman
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Not comparing the show itself, but I saw KISS and Maiden this past year, and the production was over the top, (not in a bad way) and top prices were around $80 in the NY market. I paid around $125 for VH last tour in the NY market. This was from Ticketmaster, not the secondary market like StubHub. So they can lower the prices IMO.
                When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Antman
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                  Exactly. Azoff is hoping VH and Mac rescue his bank account basically.
                  Sammy and Chickenfoot sure as shit won't.
                  When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Prices will be at the exact point where the spreadsheets give the maximum profit.

If they said 1000 fans at $1000 in each town then that's what we would get.

The interesting thing is that publicity=$$$ so will the relations in the band still be seen as so delicate that they can't risk interviews even though they basically mean more money?

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      The interesting thing is that publicity=$$$ so will the relations in the band still be seen as so delicate that they can't risk interviews even though they basically mean more money?
                      EVH did not do any press for the 2004 (save one small statement for Guitar World) or 2007 outings. Considering his stunning and uncanny ability of shooting himself squarely in the foot when he has chosen to do some press recently, perhaps that was a wise decision.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Looks like they gonna save the business once again!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why the hell should VH tour... they just announced new striped beanies and ties...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jero
                              Looks like they gonna save the business once again!
                              When Led Zeppelin released In Through The Out Door, it single handedly dragged people into record stores, people who then also grabbed anything else that was on sale. By and large, that is considered to have saved the then failing record industry in the late 1970s. So using that as a yardstick, just out of curiosity, when did Van Halen "save the business" the first time, if ever?
                              Last edited by chefcraig; 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Well, maybe When It's Love revived the casio business.

Comment

Working...