• Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

VAN HALEN To Save Concert Industry?

Blabbermouth

Oct. 5, 2010

The Pulse of Radio reports that executives at concert giant Live Nation are looking at 2011 tours from the likes of VAN HALEN to save the live music industry, according to a report in USA Today. Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff told analysts on a Monday (October 4) conference call that the concert business will end 2010 with a whimper, with Azoff saying the industry is "still not seeing a consumer recovery" in ticket sales. But Azoff said he was optimistic about next year, specifically mentioning VAN HALEN and FLEETWOOD MAC as two acts that could lift ticket sales out of the doldrums.

• Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

They need to drop the ticket prices and as far as I'm concerned tame these big stage shows down to save costs. If you have a rocking band, you don't need all the props and gimmicks. Slim it down, drop the ticket prices and rock and people will come. We need to go back to the basics again.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

You want more people to go to shows? Lower the fuckin ticket prices to circa 1980 levels.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

That would be nice..
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mushroom
          Commando
          • Jul 2009

lower the Fucking ticket prices!! I checked tickets for the Eagles ---- $138 for the cheap seats. Well, I don't love the Eagles worth 2 x $150 (inevitable fees + taxes, etc.)

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Blabbermouth

Oct. 5, 2010

The Pulse of Radio reports that executives at concert giant Live Nation are looking at 2011 tours from the likes of VAN HALEN to save the live music industry, according to a report in USA Today. Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff told analysts on a Monday (October 4) conference call that the concert business will end 2010 with a whimper, with Azoff saying the industry is "still not seeing a consumer recovery" in ticket sales. But Azoff said he was optimistic about next year, specifically mentioning VAN HALEN and FLEETWOOD MAC as two acts that could lift ticket sales out of the doldrums.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmZz7CJ6Yfo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmZz7CJ6Yfo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Cheap tickets, motherfuckers!

Yes, they're expensive as fuck here too.

60+ Euros for a band... Priest Feast was 30 for Priest, Megadeth and Testament. OF COURSE I went.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

ya really think fleetwood mac is gonna pull their weight in reviving the concert industry?
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Where have I heard Azoff say this before? Oh, that's right. He predicted the same shit in 2009. If memory serves, he later claimed that Guns & Roses would be involved, as well.

Van Halen Tour?

Posted on Wednesday September 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Van Halen will hit the road in 2010, Ticketmaster Entertainment CEO Irving Azoff announced during the 2009 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference Sept. 9.

This was not expected to be the time when the next VH tour would be announced, but some lines got crossed and the information was brought during the Q&A.

Azoff also announced TM plans to unveil interactive seat maps in the fourth quarter followed by dynamic ticket pricing in 2010 and praised the company’s initial moves into paperless ticketing.

Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino, who joined Azoff for their first ever co-presentation at the conference, echoed the need for more dynamic pricing in ticketing and called LN’s no service fee Wednesdays offering this summer a success, garnering 80 to 90 percent approval ratings in exit surveys with fans.

The principals remained fairly mum about the pending merger deal, however both expressed hope they’ll see closure by the end of the year.

POLLSTAR

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

There's no doubt that ticket prices are simply out of control....

Not only for the closer seats to the stage, but even in the upper deck, where it was close to $100 to see AC/DC last time around.... I don't think VH's tour for upper deck seats were that bad, probably around $70....

But I don't think one group is gonna be able to "save" the industry....

VH will do it's part, sure, they'll most likely come close to selling out the tour...

But the industry won't improve overall until they collectively lower ticket prices...

Wouldn't hurt also if they would try to sell $15 T-shirts for $40 either....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                      You want more people to go to shows? Lower the fuckin ticket prices to circa 1980 levels.
                      I paid a whopping $8 to see the 1980 Invasion Tour. I still have the stub but the shirt rotted away years ago.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The last concert I went to was KISS and that was free. A friend knew Ted Nugent's manager and I got in on the Nuge's guest list since he was the warm up act that tour.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

The whole issue is absurd. First Azoff takes part in a scam that rips off concert goers through ticket manipulation (which included the VH tour), then joins the company (Ticketmaster) that he colluded with. Now, as head of that evil empire, he bemoans the state of the concert industry, which was destroyed by the very evil empire he now runs. And just to compound his already fuzzy ideas of integrity, the man believes that Van Halen and Fleetwood Mac will somehow come to the rescue, restore order and (one would assume) profitability to this sordid, warped and insipid industry. Okey-doke.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I wonder why no one mentioned Lady Gaga's current tour. I bet those shows are selling out. Part of the problem with music today is it all fuckin sucks. I don't want to go see anything. I even passed on Rush although I kinda wish I would have gone but I saw um in the day so I am not that broke up about it.

I am sure I will be online trying to buy seats for my wife to go see fuckin Lady Gaga. Fuck Me!

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

$13.50 floor seats 1981 Providence RI
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...