X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CROWBAR
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Ed is off the amphetamines and cocaine and married a new wife. When American men get married they turn into fat slobs. I've had friends that are chiseled and fit and then they find the magical piece of ass they want to spend the rest of their lives with and in a year, they look like Michael Moore.
    True enough. Couldn't really argue that, as some guys might see that as reason enough to let themselves go but, seeing how Janie is fit and trim, it could also be said that by their sex life, Ed should be fit as a fucking fiddle banging that piece of ass on a regular basis. His weight fluctuates considerably now, but I still say he's on some serious meds to keep off booze. The Indonesian blood in him also helps him stay slim. All those Asians are skinny mofo's.

Comment

• CROWBAR
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Totally agree. That's just got to be awesome from that perspective. When I did that 80s reunion gig over the summer my old drummer also did a set with his sons' band, and he says playing onstage with his kids was the proudest moment of his life. If I ever have a kid, I'll be STOKED if he wants to play guitar, or any instrument for that matter.
      I don't agree at all. Look at Lennon's kids, they can't play for shit. I'm sure there are other examples. Tubbo just has had more exposure because Daddy has been a musician his whole life and he's constantly been around instruments of various nature. I don't buy that certain people have a "musical gene". Nope. Sure don't.

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by FORD
        That's because "Santa's Douche", the tool who started the "Wolfie wasn't playing bass" rumor, was banned a long time ago
        It's very Funny all people said that they were empressed by wolfgang on drums! not on bass? the reason they can't understand the fusion between drums and bass! and for most of them Bass is simple to play more than drums.
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
          I don't agree at all. Look at Lennon's kids, they can't play for shit. I'm sure there are other examples. Tubbo just has had more exposure because Daddy has been a musician his whole life and he's constantly been around instruments of various nature. I don't buy that certain people have a "musical gene". Nope. Sure don't.
          Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but I believe artistic/musical talent (or aptitude, at least) can be hereditary.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• CROWBAR
            Commando
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
            Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but I believe artistic/musical talent (or aptitude, at least) can be hereditary.
            I'll agree to disagree. I don't feel like it's a hereditary thing, it's something you learn to do or be very well dependent on how much time you give it. Ed has doted on his kid as being the next "prodigy", but so far, I haven't seen it, nor heard it. With time, he might progress, but to what level is anyone's guess.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              A fan report on the AB forum site suggests Eddie was going to play, but didn’t bring his in-ear monitors.
              seriously? that's the new cop-out? "hey, man, i'd like to play..."
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't agree at all. Look at Lennon's kids, they can't play for shit.
                Julian wasn't that bad. Sean took after his mom.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nah, my guess is he's either on steroids or anti depressants now. Also, when an alcoholic goes dry, they start eating normally again. Alkies forget or don't want to eat so they can keep their buzz on. For a guy like Ed who has abused drink and drugs for so long, he can't just go cold turkey without having something to help calm his nerves. I'd say he's on some serious meds to help him deal. But, I digress...

This thread is about Tubbo playing the drums.
                  Given Ed's history of substance abuse I can see where you might be inclined to think his weight gain is a product of some other drug...

Given practical experience and being 2 years younger than Ed... I'd suggest a much simpler, common sense reason is just good ole age, marriage and being in a good place in life. Rare as it may seem... Hollywood/Rock Star types can easily mirror everyday real life. Gettin old and a little fat is much more normal than we'd wish it were... Welcome to your fuckin 50's...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Wolf better look out, he can't be in two bands.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                      Commando
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Given Ed's history of substance abuse I can see where you might be inclined to think his weight gain is a product of some other drug...

Given practical experience and being 2 years younger than Ed... I'd suggest a much simpler, common sense reason is just good ole age, marriage and being in a good place in life. Rare as it may seem... Hollywood/Rock Star types can easily mirror everyday real life. Gettin old and a little fat is much more normal than we'd wish it were... Welcome to your fuckin 50's...
                      Not to split hairs, as one would think that yeah, married life would make a guy his age turn heavier but, how do you explain his weight fluctuating these past couple two three years? On Two And A Half Men, he was slim and trim. Same deal at that award show where Robert Downey Jr. presented him with one. But go back to after the tour I think it was when he was photographed in Hawaii and he was back up again. He goes up and down it seems. Now he's fat again. Something has got be triggering that. Fuck if I know.

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Not to split hairs, as one would think that yeah, married life would make a guy his age turn heavier but, how do you explain his weight fluctuating these past couple two three years? On Two And A Half Men, he was slim and trim. Same deal at that award show where Robert Downey Jr. presented him with one. But go back to after the tour I think it was when he was photographed in Hawaii and he was back up again. He goes up and down it seems. Now he's fat again. Something has got be triggering that. Fuck if I know.
                        I see it as it's basically a 3/4 shot, mouth open and he's wearing a winter coat... not the most flattering shot in the world. The TV stuff was probably shot 6+ months ago... Putting 10 pounds on isn't anything to be alarmed about... Look at the shots in the new People.. he looks healthy to me.
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

Maybe he's not getting as much pussy as I thought he would! So much for burning off those excess calories.

Ed, you're cut off. Go sleep on the damn couch! But Janie Poo...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Jimmy Page looks a lot like Joe Biden in that photo.

As for Wolf playing drums with Alter Bridge, this brings up two questions......

1) Does the fact that "Alter Bridge" is playing shows mean that the Creed reunion is over (Let us pray....)

2) Has Alex retired, and was this Wolf's audition to be Van Halen's drummer?
                            Joe Biden ROLFLMAO!
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

maybe it's the antidepressants he's on to replace the drugzz and booze
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by indeedido
                                maybe it's the antidepressants he's on to replace the drugzz and booze
                                I'm more than OK if that's the case... If everything is dialed in juuust right... happy Ed = VH album + tour + TV appearances -- Grate!!!
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...