Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

You Could Get An Up-Grade To First Class.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

i'm just prayin' for that exit row and a smokin' room
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Mile High Club?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

if there is a chance
          Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: boobs
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Go For It.

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              what's the worst that could happen....?
              You have to set through all those shit bands and never see Van Halen.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                You have to set through all those shit bands and never see Van Halen.
                there are more than a few i'm lookin' forward to. and we get a chance to meet some cool peeps from the army on the other side of the world. http://www.skymaps.com/downloads.html new stars and hopefully hang out with some platypusesssesssess not too bad, mate. in fact, it's good as gold!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

there are more than a few i'm lookin' forward to. and we get a chance to meet some cool peeps from the army on the other side of the world. http://www.skymaps.com/downloads.html new stars and hopefully hang out with some platypusesssesssess not too bad, mate. in fact, it's good as gold!
                  Maybe you'll see a man about a walaby.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

never look a gift wallaby in the mouth

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

what's the worst that could happen....?
                      Hagar could re-join the band and you'd have spent your cash tudging all that way to hear 'Why Can't This Be Dave?'
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                        Hagar could re-join the band and you'd have spent your cash tudging all that way to hear 'Why Can't This Be Dave?'
                        we would be at the pub with grant

Comment

• aussierocktours
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jun 2011

Hello,
                          I'm new on these pages but have been an avid reader for a while.
                          I live in Melbourne and plan on going to every Van Halen gig in Australia.
                          If anyone is thinking of coming to Australia and needs some info on this country then please don't hesitate to ask.
                          If anyone is going to Sydney they might like to know that Motley Crue and Bret Michaels is playing 2 nights before Van Halen.
                          Motley is also playing 3 nights before VH in Brisbane.
                          There has been some whispers that VH is going to be the pre-match entertainment at the AFL Grand Final.
                          That is Australia's equivalent of the Superbowl and they would play live on international TV the afternoon after Melbourne show also in Melbourne.
                          Like the Superbowl, that is almost impossible to get tickets for no matter who the performing act is.
                          Last year we had Inxs as the entertainment and the match was drawn and there was a replay the following week which they flew in Lionel Richie.
                          Not quite the same level of stardom that Van Halen would bring.
                          Another major heavy band has just been signed for Soundwave Revolution and I guess that will be revealed shortly.
                          Cheers

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Welcome, be sure to let your Aussie buddies know they're welcome here as well....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by aussierocktours
                              Hello,
                              I'm new on these pages but have been an avid reader for a while.
                              I live in Melbourne and plan on going to every Van Halen gig in Australia.
                              If anyone is thinking of coming to Australia and needs some info on this country then please don't hesitate to ask.
                              If anyone is going to Sydney they might like to know that Motley Crue and Bret Michaels is playing 2 nights before Van Halen.
                              Motley is also playing 3 nights before VH in Brisbane.
                              There has been some whispers that VH is going to be the pre-match entertainment at the AFL Grand Final.
                              That is Australia's equivalent of the Superbowl and they would play live on international TV the afternoon after Melbourne show also in Melbourne.
                              Like the Superbowl, that is almost impossible to get tickets for no matter who the performing act is.
                              Last year we had Inxs as the entertainment and the match was drawn and there was a replay the following week which they flew in Lionel Richie.
                              Not quite the same level of stardom that Van Halen would bring.
                              Another major heavy band has just been signed for Soundwave Revolution and I guess that will be revealed shortly.
                              Cheers
                              Damn,Not More Aussies At The Roth Army.

Comment

• aussierocktours
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jun 2011

Thanks for the welcome.
                                Just some background. I was a huge Van Halen fan from about 1982 and started going to concerts about 1984. My first big show was Twisted Sister in their first and only Australian tour. Of course the real Van Halen never came to Australia in their glory days so the first closest chance I had was when Diamond Dave toured in 1988 with Skyscraper. I went to 5 of the 6 shows he did and got to meet him in Sydney where he signed a few things and was happy to get a nice photo with him.
                                In April 1998 Van Halen came to Australia for the first time with Gary Cherone and I got an excellent ticket but the show was the most disappointing of the 100 or so that I have been to. It wasn't the worst by a long shot but it was far from the band that was my favourite of all.
                                I was so disappointed that I could only bring myself to going to one concert only.
                                About a month after that, Sammy Hagar toured Aus for the first and only time and he was OK but in my mind he was not part of the 'legend' that was VH.
                                I was close to heading to the USA for the 2008 tour but there is always uncertaincy around VH and when the tour took an unscheduled break along the way it made me just a little hesitant.
                                Fast forward to this year and the Soundwave revolution announcement came out of the blue as VH was never whispered as a headlining contender and still in my mind doesn't really fit in with what the festival is all about. Finally after 30 years I will be getting to see the band I have been waiting for. Surely I would prefer to see Michael Anthony also but VH is primarily about Eddie and Dave.
                                At this stage it is hard to imagine VH will be playing any shows anywhere before Brisbane so it is going to be historic to hear VH playing brand new material live for the first time. I have locked in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne shows already and will be organising the rest based on if there are any solo shows announced. There is always the chance of VH stand alone shows in Sydney or Melbourne also if Soundwave organisers allow it.
                                Cheers.

Comment

Working...