X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
    And now that picture has already been pulled...proving the VH camp can still exhibit lightning-fast reflexes when they want to... Good thing I saved a copy...
    It also means that they're paying attention to us nimrods online more than they let on....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      (Clean, VH 1-era crunch and "I keel you")
      perfect!

What pic? His rack pic? It's still there.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

What does "DDLS" (second switch from left) mean? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Drop Dead Legs Solo".

Seriously, is this the digital delay? As for the settings, are they preset before hand or are they adjusted FOH?

Last edited by chefcraig; 07-25-2011, 08:16 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

it's the Diamond Dave Looks Sharp button. it boosts the coolness factor up to 1000%.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
            What does "DDLS" (second switch from left) mean? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Drop Dead Legs Solo".

Seriously, is this the digital delay? As for the settings, are they preset before hand or are they adjusted FOH?
            That's what my handy dandy Google search comes up with....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
              What's with the wah-wah? I'd be pretty hard pressed to come up with a CVH tune that features it.
              He used it all over the place in 07/08, mostly in fills and things like that... really not as bad/annoying as you'd think. He's gotten pretty good with it. He used it for end section of Mean Street and it was pretty good... Funny that the wah never appeared on record till about 88 (cabo wabo solo) IIRC... but I have club recordings where he used it on covers.. Whatever, as long as it's not that goddamn sustainer, I'm cool with it.

I'll tell you what I find interesting is that Digitech Whammy pedal... The only boot from the tour that I can recall Ed using it is (I think) Dallas 08... and that was just in a spot or 2. He dumped it shortly thereafter as far as I can tell. I wonder if it's used for a part on the new material... interesting, indeed....
              Last edited by VAiN; 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

Just saw a tweet fromthe promoter of sw2011 vh is not the heandline band anymore?????
                Wtf

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

FROM @IAMNOTSHOUTING
                  @MikaelaP78 We're announcing line-up at Revolution. Between the set of the yet to be announced headiner and VH.

Comment

• mh5150
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2010

Van halen not the head line band for sw2011 .

FROM @IAMNOTSHOUTING
                    @MikaelaP78 We're announcing line-up at Revolution. Between the set of the yet to be announced headiner and VH.

THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCING 2012 LINE UP BETWEEN THE SET OF VH AND HEADLINE BAND
                    WTF????
                    I THOUGHT VH WAS OR HAD TOP BILLING
                    Last edited by mh5150; 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Well I think we can scratch Van Halen off that tour. I am not surprised at all.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Certainly a confusing statement.... I think him saying "A" headliner could mean someone playing just BEFORE Van Halen....

Here's an article on it...

Soundwave Revolution headliner to be announced on Monday
                        Local News by grattan, 26th July, 2011

The second major Soundwave Revolution lineup announcement due next Monday (August 1st) is going to be huge, if we’re willing to believe the festival’s promoter AJ Maddah.

When asked on Twitter recently if there are any main stage bands on the second announcement the festival’s promoter AJ Maddah replied with an emphatic “Oh yes!” and now we know that the second announcement won’t be just any main stage band – it’ll be the a headline act.

The Twitter addicted festival promoter confirmed the amazing news by tweeting that “We’re announcing [the Soundwave 2012] line-up at Revolution. Between the set of the yet to be announced headiner and V[an] H[alen].”

It’s possible that Maddah’s recent scouting trip to Sonisphere could provide a clue to the identity of this mystery headliner. On returning home from the festival Maddah announced that ”2 out of the 3 big ones” he was chasing from the lineup have been booked in to tour. The Sonisphere lineup included Metallica, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth, Anthrax and Opeth.

Weezer was also on the Sonisphere lineup, but Maddah says he given up on Rivers Cuomo ever coming back to Australia, although apparently we’ll still see “an hour of Weezer” at Revolution. Maddah has also ruled out Aerosmith as a possible headliner as Revolution “already has Van Halen”.

The Twitter comment about the Revolution headliner also confirms that the Soundwave 2012 lineup won’t be announced until the Revolution tour is underway, but if the announcement comes between the headlining acts on the first stop on the Revolution tour in Brisbane we’ll could find out who’s coming for the February edition of Soundwave as early as Saturday 24th September.
                        Until then there’ll of course be plenty of rumours and speculation about the lineup. So far we’ve seen CKY announce that they’re playing the festival next year and Trivium recently told us that they’ll “probably be down next summer for a festival like Soundwave or maybe a headlining tour.” When asked about Trivium booking a spot on the Soundwave tour Maddah declared that “Trivium are family. If they want to play SW12, it is as good as done”.

Fueling the flames of speculation, Maddah has also noted that he’s “sure” Taking Back Sunday will be here in the next 6 months because “they love their Aus[sie] fans and it’ll be a priority for them.” He has also confirmed that he is planning a tour for Swedish metal band In Flames.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

It would make no sense to keep a headliner playing ABOVE Van Halen secret, when tickets have been on sale for a couple months now....

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2010

Who the fuck announces a headliner for a festival 7 weeks prior to kick off?????? Can you imagine Download or Sonisphere or any of the other festivals doing that in the UK, wouldn't happen and it just doesn't make sense!

Comment

• mh5150
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by va beach vh fan
                              it would make no sense to keep a headliner playing above van halen secret, when tickets have been on sale for a couple months now....
                              there has been co-headliners before at sw. But his statement is confusing to say the least. Why wouldnt he say between alice cooper and van halen then? I TWWETED HIM TO FIND OUT WTF IS GOING ON .MAYBE HE WILL ANSWER

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Aug 2010

but the guy does say, between the set of as yet to be announced headliner and VH set, if the new headliner was on AFTER VH, he should have said between VH and headliner.......so maybe it's just another band on the bill with headliner status.

Comment

Working...