"Van Halen will never be big again...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.S.D.

Doesnt matter if you think it sucks. Its still Van halen to me.

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
      Tell youre wife to stop sucking already, its starting to hurt.
      Grow up geek!
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Think Van Halen's window of opportunity to reunite and come back just as big as they were in the early 1980s has passed them by.

The band is just in such a state of disrepair, and content with floundering around, that it's doubtful even Roth's upbeat attitude could revive them.

But I think it's a more a case of Van Halen will never be as good as they once were again unless Roth comes back, whereas Roth's not gonna cast as big a shoadow in the media again unless he reunites with Van Halen.

Have serious doubts/don't believe that Roth reuniting with the band at this point would sell out football stadiums or have the drawing power to pull in 50 or 60,000 a show.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Terry
          Think Van Halen's window of opportunity to reunite and come back just as big as they were in the early 1980s has passed them by.

The band is just in such a state of disrepair, and content with floundering around, that it's doubtful even Roth's upbeat attitude could revive them.

But I think it's a more a case of Van Halen will never be as good as they once were again unless Roth comes back, whereas Roth's not gonna cast as big a shoadow in the media again unless he reunites with Van Halen.

Have serious doubts/don't believe that Roth reuniting with the band at this point would sell out football stadiums or have the drawing power to pull in 50 or 60,000 a show.
          Explain to me please how Roth, who cant even save his own career, nor write a song for himself that anyone gives a shit about, save Van Halen?

Van Halen is fine without him. You may not like it, and alot of people may not like it, but they are fine. Name a band from thier era that is selling more tix than VH is. Please, name one. Alot of people like the new songs and like what they are doing. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Explain to me please how Roth, who cant even save his own career, nor write a song for himself that anyone gives a shit about, save Van Halen?

Van Halen is fine without him. You may not like it, and alot of people may not like it, but they are fine. Name a band from thier era that is selling more tix than VH is. Please, name one. Alot of people like the new songs and like what they are doing. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.
            The Wiggles??!!

Comment

• L.S.D.

nice, but that doesnt answer how dave would save them.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Van Halen is fine without him. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.
                OK.....up until now, I thought we were just having fun with you. After all, a Hagarita on the largest known DLR Fansite is a walking target for harsh fun.

But this latest post draws the line. You sound serious. And that can only mean that you've got your head shoved so far up your ass that you can clearly see what you had for breakfast.

Roth can't save VH? VH is fine without him?

If you can honestly say that, in all your naivety and truth, then I couldn't possibly have an answer that would make you see the truth.

But that would make your question hypothetical, in other words, you have a closed mind. You don't WANT to see a bigger picture, so why would any one of us bother with an explanation? We're not, so enjoy the internal view of your stomach.
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Keeyth
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  Fuck off L oves S ucking D ick!
                  Hey now! That was MY line!
                  Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Van Halen continued to sell records without Dave. About half as many, but 20 million over twenty plus years isn't a commercial failure by itself.

Commercially speaking, Roth on his own never matched what classic Halen did.

The 2004 version of Van Halen is of no interest to me. That others are content with what the band is doing doesn't sway my opinion of Van Hagar. That you don't care for Dave's solo material these days matters not in terms of me digging it.

Took Van Halen a little longer to hit the commercial bottom that Roth did, but they're more than well on their way now. Last full length studio album was a flop even by Van Hagar standards, never mind the bar set by the 6 pack.

Roth will always be the only frontman who ever mattered in terms of Van Halen.

Roth and Van Halen could sure use one another's company right now if they want even so much as a shot of attaining the greatest success they experienced in the bands history. Hagar in the band has proven to be a case of diminishing returns.

Best music, greatest monetary and commercial success, greatest amount of satisfied fans all linked to the classic lineup.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Explain to me please the best way to con people out of bootlegs you thieving windbag.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I was waiting...

I was just WAITING for someone to say that about LSD... I hear he's ripped off MANY folks with his "Let's Trade Boots" ploy... funny that a dickhead like that would still post on a site where no one likes him, and more than a few here have been stolen from by him... Just take a look at the Fan Introduction thread... pretty fuckin pathetic.
                        If you listen to fools
                        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Rebel
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2004

nice, but that doesnt answer how dave would save them.
                          Check yer PM
                          The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                            I was just WAITING for someone to say that about LSD... I hear he's ripped off MANY folks with his "Let's Trade Boots" ploy... funny that a dickhead like that would still post on a site where no one likes him, and more than a few here have been stolen from by him... Just take a look at the Fan Introduction thread... pretty fuckin pathetic.

Thats funny, cuiz I have had one trade, one that didnt pan out yet, because I moved and my cd burner is broke. Go to my list of shows at db.etree.org/bisco2 and tell me I got all of those by ripping people off.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Thats funny, cuiz I have had one trade, one that didnt pan out yet, because I moved and my cd burner is broke. Go to my list of shows at db.etree.org/bisco2 and tell me I got all of those by ripping people off.
                              I hear you still live with your parents William!

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                                I hear you still live with your parents William!
                                not true. But thanks for caring.

Comment

Working...