X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    He does love the new album, but still admits he prefers the Van Hagar era. What do you expect, he's Australian.
    Nothing at all wrong with being born and raised in Australia. However, I'd be willing to bet Andrew was born in South Florida, and only moved down under sometime in the eighties because he wanted to be Crocodile Dundee.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Yes he got the names of the band members right.
      And for Andrew, that's even a rarity. *cough* Coverdale *cough*
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Greenbuds
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

As you all know, the Melodicrock dipshit, Andrew, is considered a godsend and reliable source over at the links. What a joke. Who can forget his story of VH playing July 4th at RFK stadium in 2000 with Dave and then ending the tour with Sammy, based on secret interviews with VH's managers.

Here are some earlier stories from MelodiCROCK dating back between 2000 - 2003 (sorry for the long post, but this shit is funny, because he actually wrote it!) -

Articles from Melodicrock 2000 - 2003:

------

VAN HALEN WITH DAVID LEE ROTH:
        David Lee Roth is to reunite with Van Halen under the moniker Van Halen with David Lee Roth but don't expect this to be permanent, this will be very much on a trial basis. It seems the idea of recording a full album of new material with Roth is not want the band want to do. They feel any material with Roth may not be strong enough and would rather move on than go backwards. Their first choice for vocalist was to have Sammy Hagar rejoin. They feel his songwriting ability is a major strength. Sammy Hagar was interested in rejoining but would rather see the fans and the label get over the whole Dave reunion thing before he could even contemplate further talks. He is also extremely happy with what he is doing now. Warner Bros proposed a dual Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth tour but Hagar rejected this immediately.

GREATEST HITS VOLUME 2:
        Current plans for Van Halen with David Lee Roth do not include a full new studio album. Instead what is being prepared for release is Greatest Hits Volume 2, which will once again include 2 newly recorded tracks with Roth. These 2 new songs will come from work the band had already started with Gary Cherone before his departure. Roth is contributing song ideas.

THE SUMMER TOUR:
        The planned tour will be to support Greatest Hits Volume 2. The tour will go under the before mentioned name Van Halen with David Lee Roth. I have been informed it is at this point the band intends to let David Lee Roth go. There are also contingency plans in place should the relationship with Roth deteriorate mid tour.

WHY SAMMY SAID NO:
        After Cherone left the band, Sammy Hagar was approached but due to label pressure and their dual tour idea, Sammy declined. The band then began their search for a new vocalist. The band talked with several singers before giving into label pressure for the current David Lee Roth reunion. Talks took place between the band and Billy Squier, Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and even Sass Jordan. The band was looking for a vocalist with a solid reputation and past history yet who were not involved in anything at present. Other singers talked about but never contacted include Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Patty Smyth, Mitch Malloy, Johnny Gioeli (Hardline), Louie Merlino (Beggars & Thieves) and Danny Bowes of Thunder. The rumored Sebastian Bach link was false.

THE COVERDALE TAPES:
        Coverdale's involvement with the band is all true. Everything rumored several months ago actually happened. The news was initially linked to the press to gauge fan reaction. After initial reaction wasn't entirely favorable stories were run to cover up the project. An interview with David Coverdale rumored to be false and attacked was in fact true. Sessions took place and a demo tape was recorded.

This tape contains 3 new songs written by the band with Coverdale and were produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin. These new tracks are said to be amazing and along the lines of Coverdale/Page with a For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge feel. It is also said these tracks blow VH3 out of the water. The remainder of the tape contains 20 songs, some in medley form with Coverdale jamming with the band on various Van Halen tunes. Both Roth and Hagar eras, plus some Whitesnake tunes, were covered. Coverdale's drummer Denny Carmassi guests on the sessions. Mr. Big bass player Billy Sheehan also guests as his band were recording in the studio next door at the time.

The sessions with Coverdale went extremely well to the point where Eddie Van Halen wants Coverdale as the next lead singer. Contact continues with Coverdale and an arrangement exists if David Lee Roth leaves the band mid tour Coverdale will step in.

THE DLR BAND:
        Meanwhile, a source within the DLR Band camp confirmed they are still booked to play some live dates in April/May and are scheduled to record a new studio album later this year. Van Halen are aware of these arrangements.

There is more news fresh in today though. I have heard that there are fresh attempts afoot to get David Lee Roth and Van Halen back to the negotiating table again. BUT, if these current talks do not work out, the David Lee Roth solo Eat Em And Smile line up will almost certainly be back on the road and in the studio in 2002.

My February 2000 Report: For the record, I am still no closer to uncovering the real identity of who called me. I still believe it was a set up (love conspiracy theories!), although have no idea why the Coverdale story was a part of that set up. This report was the subject of a lot of contention and it's contents were later rejected in a phone call Scotti Ross made to me after I threatened to use the 'sources' name unless they called me. Incidentally, Scotti got my phone number after I left it with SRO asking them to pass my message along. They obviously did so. This was in March 2000. In July this year - only 2 weeks ago - and 18 months after the original set of calls came in, I was finally able to speak one on one with the alleged person who called me. They were not happy to hear from me, but his voice did not match that of the one who called and they denied all knowledge of the call and the information divulged. Take the David Coverdale rumour out of the equation and the rest of the information remains a pretty good read!!

Sammy Hagar
        Sammy has apparently been approached several times to hang out with the band and has so far declined. It must be noted though - there have been no formal offers. Sammy, however, at this stage, has repeated several times that he is quite happy as a solo artist and will continue doing that. He is also still looking for an apology from Eddie and Alex Van Halen. A new item sent to me suggests that the Sammy Hagar era Van Halen records have now been re-mastered. One rumour suggested these could have been released in November. But a new opinion is that these remasters will not be released until after the next studio album is released. This could be due to the fact the release of the Dave era albums caused no end of speculation about his imminent full time return to the band. The band do not want to repeat this by issuing the Sammy era albums right now.

Other Miscellaneous Characters
        The upcoming Kiss box set will include a version of Christine Sixteen that featured Eddie Van Halen on guitar. The box set it due later this year or early in 2002, so details should be available for this soon.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I hear from MelidiCROCK that Van Halen might reunite for the MTV video music award show. Any truth to this?

/sarcasm
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Funny....dumbass claims meetings with Mitch Malloy never happened, which is a lie. Most definitely he was asked to "tryout", or at least "hang out" with the band for a couple of days.....

This is from his Myspace page:

Mitch lives here in Nashville and owns a studio.

That melodicrock idiot is a fucking half-baked tool....

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Andrew promised me a copy of that Coverdale demo tape. Oddly enough, I never got it. Gee... I wonder why?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Andrew spends too much time blowing the likes of Mitch Malloy, Jeff Scott Soto, Steve Perry and Sammy Clichegar. See the pattern?

He does love the new album, but still admits he prefers the Van Hagar era. What do you expect, he's Australian.
                We don't really count Andrew as an Aussie. He's from Tasmania.
                Last edited by Halen High; 03-21-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly...Edward Van Halen, David Coverdale, Denny Carmassi and Billy Sheehan got together in a studio, recorded three songs with fucking Bob Ezrin twiddling the knobs of the production console, but only the Tasmanian Twit knew about it, let alone "reported" it? Sweet tap-dancing Jesus, every time I think this walking stool-sample couldn't possibly dig himself deeper into a volcano of utter fecal matter, he proves me wrong.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess we're returning back to "Business As Usual" if we're wasting time polishing these petrified turds... Are y'all already bored with the new album and tour or just missing the drama element and needing to cook one up..?
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

There must not be much to do in Tasmania. It seems like people tend to live in a fantasy world there and masturbate a lot.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Now here's Andrew with the VH news:

One good thing is that Melodicrock is not as tough to swallow as another bitter Sammy interview where he reminds you that he's still not thinking about VH.

Hey at least Andrew got right that VH got together and tried to pull something together with Dave in 2000.

(yeah but it was Coverdale. lololol)

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          I guess we're returning back to "Business As Usual" if we're wasting time polishing these petrified turds... Are y'all already bored with the new album and tour or just missing the drama element and needing to cook one up..?
                          Nah, school is back in session, so the workplace is as silent as a church. Seriously, there is little if anything to do around here, so I have the option of dusting the shelves, throwing out a stack of old newspapers, taking a smoke break or commenting on the vulgar stupidity of that imbecile from Tasmania. The latter choice requires the least amount of effort, and best of all, I do not need to leave my chair while doing it.

And ADKOT still rocks, but I can't listen to it or even view Youtube clips while I'm here. So...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...