Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Insert dream sequence music....... What if it's a double album? Something they've never done before.......replay dream sequence music while falling back to reality.
    This space for rent.

Comment

• Grit
      Roadie
      • Oct 2011

Hello. I'm new here . . . actually I've been here a lot to catch what everyone has to say . . . love it! DLR is the best Rock front man ever! Spammy can go suck donkey ass! Love to hear that everything is cool with Van Halen (or so we think) but I'm like most of you . . . I have been waiting for new music from these guys ever since they broke up. I did see them in 2007 or 2008 (as they years go by, they blend together) in Minneapolis, Awesome Show! Now I have to wait until 2012???

Comment

• jpage78
        Groupie
        • Sep 2011

I posted this in the duplicate thread...but I think it bears repeating here

As with all band partnerships, issues that affect the band are voted on…and in certain situations a single vote can veto
        I believe Jeff may be telling us something here. My own speculation is that Roth "flexed his muscle" recently with a veto. Jeff is more plugged in than any VH site out there so I trust his information.

Comment

• mohican
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

I don't think Jeff/vhnd would confirm Dave's FB and Twitter if he didn't hear it from Dave's camp. Looks like Dave tossed a few crumbs are there.

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Interesting report from the VHND. I wonder if Eddie was prepared to offer Dave 'full member' status in return for Dave accepting Wolf on bass. Remember during the early 2000s, Mike made those comments at NAMM about the band being in the studio together - then a long period of silence before Eddie told a golf magazine(?), "everything looked pretty positive about getting back together then the lawyers got involved." Perhaps the stumbling block was Dave not being awarded full member status? So they reached a stalemate and the opportunistic Hagar steps in for the money. I can see how equal voting and full member status would be important for Dave as its about more than the money for him - he wants an equal say in what they record, release and how they present their image etc.

Comment

• jpage78
              Groupie
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Halen High
              Interesting report from the VHND. I wonder if Eddie was prepared to offer Dave 'full member' status in return for Dave accepting Wolf on bass. Remember during the early 2000s, Mike made those comments at NAMM about the band being in the studio together - then a long period of silence before Eddie told a golf magazine(?), "everything looked pretty positive about getting back together then the lawyers got involved." Perhaps the stumbling block was Dave not being awarded full member status? So they reached a stalemate and the opportunistic Hagar steps in for the money. I can see how equal voting and full member status would be important for Dave as its about more than the money for him - he wants an equal say in what they record, release and how they present their image etc.
              This...and I'd say that Dave's royalties lawsuit in early 2004 also guaranteed Dave would be a full member.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                Another reason for the delay is the fact that Ed is still in the midst of a laughing his head off
                i've said this before... i worry that eddie van crackhead can't play for shit anymore. like a hopeless shambles of meaningless drivel. you can relate, numpty?

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ashstralia
                  i've said this before... i worry that eddie van crackhead can't play for shit anymore.
                  This is a legitimate concern that I share with you... I'm keeping hope alive that the improvement I saw in Ed's playing at the tail end of the tour + hand surgery will have him back to speed...
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Just another Article, but it is still Buzz:

This should be fun! David Lee Roth, the reinstated frontman of the mighty Van Halen, has made his presence known on Twitter and Facebook. Alas, the typically verbose wordsmith hasn’t unleashed his full poetic fury yet, even though we’ve hit “refresh” about 73 times looking for something along the lines of “Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop!”

In fact, so far, all he’s said on his official Facebook page is “Get Ready…,” while on Twitter he’s being slightly more chatty (“Get Ready for…), but still not even coming close to the 140 characters he’s allowed. Now, more than ever, we want the new Van Halen album to be a huge raving critical and commercial success, because that would most likely result in Roth strutting in full “peacock feathers” mode all over the internet without any filters or delays.

According to the always reliable Van Halen News Desk, recent rumors that Eddie Van Halen was unhappy with Roth’s vocals for the much-discussed but completely mysterious new VH record are not based in fact. Apparently everyone’s very satisfied with his work and the album, and the band is merely planning for the release date and tour that’s expected to follow.

Meanwhile, former [Redacted].
                    Filed Under: David Lee Roth, Van Halen
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 10-05-2011, 04:54 PM. Reason: Stuff
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• K1469
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Sep 2011

If they released the new cd with the first ever live show plus DVD concert with Dave I think it could be a huge release! Im just dreaming here of course as want I have personally wanted for my whole adult life. lol

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                        Cough, cough... BULLSHIT.
                        Well, technically it was SHEEPSHIT.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• mohican
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

Latest from Jeff (posted @ the Links.) So many doubters that he felt the need to defend his "sources." Not sure what he meant by MA being a diminished member since 1983. Did his contract change or was did he have even less say towards the end of Dave's term and after he left?

hi guys,

I'm in cabo right now for the bash, so I don't have much time to chime in here. But I just want to say that what I wrote in the vhnd story about Roth pretty much HAS to be true, because I got that info from no less than three very seperate sources, two of which are extremely close to the band, and the third is close enough to know, as well. One source very close to Dave, one very close to Ed, and one close to everyone. It's basically jut saying that Roth is a 100% FULL member, and not a diminished member like Michael Anthony was since 1983. Also, Roth has ALWAYS been a very influencial member, even now. In the '80's the band was premostly run by Dave, Ed & Al. Now it's run by Dave, Ed, Al and possibly Wolfgang, but I admit to not knowing how much say Wolfgang has in anything. I'm not saying Wolfgang doesn't have a lot of say, but I just never hear much about him.

By the way, are any linkers going to Cabo this week for the bash? We come every year and know TONS of people that come every year, but I never meet any of the regulars on VHLinks down here!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

3rd week in jan....again....allegedly
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

before christmas.......maybe.......

a refined
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

IS That From Ed's New Pool Cleaner?
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...