• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

People need to fucking relax...

and stay on topic...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• vaijuju
      Sniper
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Holy shit Frenchy. If I were you I would tell these guys to fuck off....
      I've just say one thing and i'll shut up! I remembered the same things in the begenning on diamonddavidleeroth.com Now i don't wake up the war against french (too easy )
      Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM.
      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        He's French - he'll surrender soon.
        although...that is pretty fucking funny...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I think we can agree that Van Halen is working on something with Roth. I am sure we will hear more soon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            I think we can agree that Van Halen is working on something with Roth. I am sure we will hear more soon.
            Hey, are you an insider ??
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              No, but he plays one on tv. Or maybe that was Marcus Welby. Christ, I lose track sometimes...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                One of those greasers from the movie. No I never had greasy hair.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Hard rock legends Van Halen are hard at work on a new album with original vocalist David Lee Roth, according to a statement made late last week BY ITS MUSIC PUBLISHERS. Various reports also suggest the group will hit the road upon the LP's completion sometime next year.

"The band is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011," read an announcement by Warner/Chappell, which announced the Van Halen camp had renewed its longstanding deal. The album with Roth would mark the first time the singer has appeared on a full album of new music with the group since '1984' was released more than a quarter century ago.
                  Billboard also revealed that Live Nation Promotions Executive Irving Azoff -- who serves as the band's manager -- spoke of the 2011 tour during a conference about concert industry earnings on Aug. 5.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Ok totally off topic again but what the hell.

So my buddy and I took his son hunting in Zah's home state this past weekend. The kid is funny as hell and was asking us what a Hillbilly was. So we were joking around about at the store while my buddy was inside. I look inside the store and this old guy is standing at the counter. Looked like a hobo wearing camo. So I tell the kid that looks like a Hilllbilly. We laugh about it. As we are leaving I ask my buddy what the Hillbilly was saying and as we drive off we see the guy has on a white shirt, a camo jacket, lol camo short and a pair of white sneakers with white socks pulled all the way up to his knees. LMAO yup that's a Hillbilly right there. As we are all laughing our ass off I ask my buddy what the guy was saying in the store. He said he missed most of the conversation but the guy wanted a bag of Red Man and two corn dogs.
                    Last edited by Jagermeister; 11-16-2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Ed (on the press conference): "this is a whole new band..."

that works in different studios sending tapes back and forth...yeah...great vibes, I guess...
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

If any you fat old poofs sign on next year with your fuckin' WHOREGASM reports of viewing Wolfie's neatly-boxed coif mopping the disconnected backup mic, I get to give that offender a 40-yd running smash in the eNuts with my eDocMartens.

Deal? Shut the fuck up, all of you, about juicin' yer jellies over possibly attending 75% of Van Halen: we're still down a vocalist.. but thank G-d we're also down one androgynous Capris-wearing MESS... I really do not want to see or hear about your swooning.

Besides that, the price is too much, for too little to call itself "van" = anything. Like the Sam n Dave tour, this one should be called "Dave Al Ed and Sons Plumbing and Company" because you are ALL getting The Ream and is all your own fault for going. Nobody's putting a gun to your head: you should all be talking BOYCOTT
                        Last edited by GAR; 11-17-2010, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

that works in different studios sending tapes back and forth...yeah...great vibes, I guess...

Yeah...that really is lame. Just shows you how volatile this whole reunion with Dave is. They see each other for 2 hours onstage...and thats it. Everything else goes through their people. And that 2 hours onstage they aren't really hanging out together. Dave is doing his thing, Eddie his. Oh well. I'll take it. Compared to the other forms of VH we have been served, anything with Dave is welcomed.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

The cynicism is definitely understandable, Natra.

But the thing to remember is that (with the exception of Wolftwinkie) these are guys well into middle age who all have very different lifestyles and interests.

The notion of a "band" that lives together, eats together, parties together, and are "bestest friends" is a concept that is reserved for the young guns just starting out.

Once a band gets to VH's level, they don't need (or probably want) that level of camaraderie anymore.

It would be nice to imagine 2011 VH being like the halcyon days of the 70's and early 80's when they were the "4 Musketeers" and it was "all for one and one for all", but it's just not realistic.

The closest thing I saw to that recently was a TV special on Rush where the band was out to dinner together, and it didn't seem "forced" or staged. It was nice to see, but it defintely felt more like the exception than the rule.
                            Originally posted by perilouspete
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Of course there is a difference between having separate lives and interests and "phoning it in" when it comes to the band.

If that is what is happening, then this next album is probably fucking doomed....
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Its not uncommon for band members to record their parts separtely and not even in the same state/city.

If that's what it will take to get an album done, so be it.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...