X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    BTW, another non-descript tweet last night from Shanks....

johnshanks1 sorry wont tell ya what to do..so be patient..
    Tue, Mar 29 23:54:15 from web
    I don't know why he hates Michael Schenker so much...

Comment

• rockhead
      Roadie
      • Jan 2006

Apparently VH Management (Irvin Azoff) was in OZ back in December last year when the Eagles toured (Azoff manages them as well) and negotiations for a VH tour were in heavy discussions.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        BTW, another non-descript tweet last night from Shanks....

johnshanks1 sorry wont tell ya what to do..so be patient..
        Tue, Mar 29 23:54:15 from web
        Dave has stolen John Shanks......*
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-30-2011, 11:27 PM. Reason: Favorite Album. *what? Tweet? lol Dave does not Tweet. He publishiitesezz the fuck out of not talking.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Originally posted by rockhead
          Apparently VH Management (Irvin Azoff) was in OZ back in December last year when the Eagles toured (Azoff manages them as well) and negotiations for a VH tour were in heavy discussions.
          Too big. The opening band should just get the girls moving.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by rockhead
            I heard that somewhere also. Was it MMM radio who reported it? Australia needs a Dave-fronted VH tour badly. There's a lot of interest in VH Down Under, even among younger people. But they need to experience the band's legendary material. The Van Hagar trilogy of Why Can't This Be Love, Dreams and When It's Love get plenty of airplay. That's what a lot of casual classic rock fans here associate with VH!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
              Dave has stolen John Shanks......*
              Judging by twitter last night I hope he knows more about how to produce an album than about nutrition.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

VAN HALEN - 2011 STILL THE YEAR FOR A COLD FRONT TO REACH HELL:
                Due to the usual lack of information flowing, Van Halen fans went all kinds of crazy this week at the mere sight of a tweet from Eddie Trunk regarding Van Halen's progress in the studio. When in reality, it pretty much just confirmed the already stated - that the album talked about since last year will appear later this year.... Van Halen's PR department is once again sadly lacking, but there is always hope I guess!

Producer John Shanks' tweets have been sadly useless. He rarely says anything and when he does it is only cryptic, and looking back, there wasn't anything about his work with VH. Another opportunity missed.

Here's what I can add to the current rumours...
                Yes, the album is all but done and it appears mixing is underway, but once again, my source (who has been with me all through this) is sticking with the story that the majority of the album was recorded in 2010 with producer Ross Hogarth. John Shanks was called in to help David Lee Roth arrange and record the vocals and put the whole thing together.
                I'm told that Eddie has played most of the bass parts, but will likely not be credited on the album for that.
                My source also tells me that one of his contacts heard one track with the working title of Lift. It was described as having "a Van Hagar flavor to it" and that "Dave's vocals were done in a very low baritone key."
                Lastly, I heard from a venue in Europe that they were offered a mid-year date for a Van Halen with Ozzy Osbourne tour package. I can't confirm that in any way, but take it as yet another rumour to consider.
                That's all until next time...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

well...if there's an authority on "sadly lacking..." it's Andrew and Melodicrock.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Lmao!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      well...if there's an authority on "sadly lacking..." it's Andrew and Melodicrock.
                      Isn't it astounding how melodi-crock can never quite manage to break a story on his own (let alone get the facts straight), yet is always handily available to either offer rebuttal or add commentary to other people's work? It truly is fascinating why a guy that has made a career out of being so consistently in the dark or just plain wrong about so many details is held in such high esteem by a particular segment of the Van Halen audience.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        It truly is fascinating why a guy that has made a career out of being so consistently in the dark or just plain wrong about so many details is held in such high esteem by a particular segment of the Van Halen audience.
                        Agreed. I guess that if you tell them what they want to hear, they'll listen?
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          Isn't it astounding how melodi-crock can never quite manage to break a story on his own (let alone get the facts straight), yet is always handily available to either offer rebuttal or add commentary to other people's work? It truly is fascinating why a guy that has made a career out of being so consistently in the dark or just plain wrong about so many details is held in such high esteem by a particular segment of the Van Halen audience.
                          Agreed! why he 's waiting to be second when he can be the first ton announce Vh' news! Again the right and the only source is VHND!
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I just figure as long as David Lee Roth keeps quiet there still is hope. If the thing fell through he would be out and about talking again. The unfortunate part is he has to deal with the Van Halens with three of them against him. It may take another decade to get a record out. Those guys can't even manage drunkeness anymore.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Maybe all the Hagar bitching will bring them more together.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Maybe all the Hagar bitching will bring them more together.
                                Possibly. I'm sure the brothers are pissed and the fact that the Sam's book is doing well is really going to make them mad. But Van Halen will suck and I will tell you why. David Lee Roth is no longer the band leader. It's Ed and Al now. If Dave was the leader, he would get a manager, crack the whip and the album and tour would have happened already. See Sam and Dave get things done. Ed and Al get angry, jealous, and do very little. You get a record every decade from those guys if you are lucky and it's never a good record.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...