EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
    I don't care about VH links feuds and such, but has anyone told Van Halen News Desk to say "Exclusive new photos over here at the Army" and give a link to it?

It is Van Halen News....they should link it.

I got sumthin they can link to.......

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Awesome VA...Im stoked..We here at the Army fuckin salute you

As far as somebody from DDE monitoring the site, I LOVE YOU MAN...
      Is there any way possible to get one last gift?,,,A little sticker on the new cd saying " bonus dvd inside..81 Oakland full show "....thank you.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
        ...but has anyone told Van Halen News Desk to say "Exclusive new photos over here at the Army" and give a link to it?

It is Van Halen News....they should link it.
        The so-called "exclusive photos" appear to be screen captures from the officially released VH videos, not from the Dave video. You can essentially do the same thing yourself: Play a clip using the full screen option, find a part you like, push the PrtScrn/SysRq key, go to Windows Paint, save and then edit the image for size. It's the same thing as taking a photo of your desktop.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
          Dave looks cool incognito in NYC. He always said he was an expert in urban camouflage! I had his NYC address about 15 years ago from a package my company mailed to him. I decided against being a stalker and looking him up.

Yeah. I had his Pasadena address (Mojo Dojo). Was very nearby there some years ago to pick up an arcade game. Decided to go to the house. Kept my distance, didn't pry, didn't knock or make any noise. Just stayed respectful of the mans privacy, saw the house from the street & thought "that's damn cool. Lots of magic behind that gate"

Knowing the story of Daves last intruder meeting Daves 12-gauge didn't hurt either
          Last edited by sadaist; 12-29-2011, 06:40 PM. Reason: dang typo
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2009

So awesome. Dave is all Dave and such. Just boppin’ around. Doing his thing. I want to have a beer with that guy. Imagine the stories. It’s so funny to me that people that don’t really know about Dave think that he’s just your basic rockstar doucher. In actuality you can see his wisdom and experience in everything he does. It’s amazing.

As for Sammy, a funny story:

I have always liked CVH and Dave, but it is really only recently (within the last three years) that I have become devout. My buddy VAiN told me the other night “until you have felt our pain, you cannot truly appreciate Dave” and then he popped in a Van Hagar video from ’96 or somewheres around that. Oh man. Oh I was so angry. When VAiN sees this, he will tell you of my rage. Where’s the stage presence? Where’s the crowd participation? Where’s Van Halen? And then that sonofabitch went and sang Panama ? Well no thank you, good sir, I will not stand for that. Legend will state that I “lost my cool”, I like to think that I kept my composure as I was screaming at the tv and spilling my beer. Anyway, my memory of that night is limited so VAiN can probably fill in the blanks.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Looks like the stint at the Roxy is ongoing...

For the past 2 months VAN HALEN has been rehearsing here 2-3 times a week!!!!!! Do you have any idea how hard that was to not tell you?? When you come in at 10:00AM and David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Wolfgang Van Halen are on stage with 3 other people [...]

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                The so-called "exclusive photos" appear to be screen captures from the officially released VH videos, not from the Dave video. You can essentially do the same thing yourself: Play a clip using the full screen option, find a part you like, push the PrtScrn/SysRq key, go to Windows Paint, save and then edit the image for size. It's the same thing as taking a photo of your desktop.
                I am talking about the Dave Stuff.....you guys have it...they don't so they can't post it...only link it.

Dat is all.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Unchainme
                  Brett's a good guy, and I believe Craig came from that place (I could be wrong though.), two great peeps.

but yeah..a lot of hagaritta's over there.
                  I concur .why can't we all get along.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mh5150
                    I really don't give a crap about what one site's members say about another, as a spirit of one-upsmanship has gone on between the two for a decade or so. However, we do tend to draw the line at personal insults directed at specific users. When people join a site for the sole purpose of bashing someone, it usually is the result of the poster having just been banned or had their ass handed to them for some dubious behavior at the very site (or by the very moderator) they are berating. Thus, the self-serving baloney is sent to the DUMP, where it rightly belongs.

Look, I rarely make public commentary regarding other sites, yet to me, you can't knock what Brett has done for the online VH community (such as it is). He stuck his neck out for years, when maintaining a site for a band that essentially existed only in theory took some balls and certainly didn't make him a penny in the process. He's also had to deal with every maladjusted flake, nutjob and sociopath in the ether that got their nose out of joint by being told to grow the fuck up and behave like a responsible human being or get lost. The man has been a lightning rod for the type of unhinged harassment that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. You don't have to like the guy, but for that effort alone, he's worthy of respect.
                    Last edited by chefcraig; 12-29-2011, 08:26 PM. Reason: spell check stinks here...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
                      So awesome. Dave is all Dave and such. Just boppin’ around. Doing his thing. I want to have a beer with that guy. Imagine the stories. It’s so funny to me that people that don’t really know about Dave think that he’s just your basic rockstar doucher. In actuality you can see his wisdom and experience in everything he does. It’s amazing.

As for Sammy, a funny story:

I have always liked CVH and Dave, but it is really only recently (within the last three years) that I have become devout. My buddy VAiN told me the other night “until you have felt our pain, you cannot truly appreciate Dave” and then he popped in a Van Hagar video from ’96 or somewheres around that. Oh man. Oh I was so angry. When VAiN sees this, he will tell you of my rage. Where’s the stage presence? Where’s the crowd participation? Where’s Van Halen? And then that sonofabitch went and sang Panama ? Well no thank you, good sir, I will not stand for that. Legend will state that I “lost my cool”, I like to think that I kept my composure as I was screaming at the tv and spilling my beer. Anyway, my memory of that night is limited so VAiN can probably fill in the blanks.

HEY HEY HEY!

Welcome back JJ!

Was just thinking about you last week & wondering when you'd be back. I was showing someone your sketch of Dave. They loved it.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mh5150

Fuck off
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Thanks for posting that video, it's the coolest thing I've seen in a while. After a decade of false starts and disappointments I've been trying to temper my enthusiasm but after watching that I think it's hopeless. Dave looks great, like he's ready to rule the world again.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Well slap me naked and call me jaybird. You miss a day around here and the entire landscape changes. Great video! The only true Rock and Roll Hero comes through again.
                            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                              Thanks for posting that video, it's the coolest thing I've seen in a while. After a decade of false starts and disappointments I've been trying to temper my enthusiasm but after watching that I think it's hopeless. Dave looks great, like he's ready to rule the world again.
                              Terrific old-school avatar, dude!

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
                                Fuck off
                                Better not make Kwame mad....he'll get his elephant gun.
                                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...