EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hain23x
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

I'm a Kentucky Wildcats basketball fan and have been since I was about 7 years old. And I compare the VMA fiasco the same as I would to the 1992 Regional Finals game against Duke where Leattner hits that shot after UK went up 1 with 2 secs left. ---you know where they blast that at me year after year on CBS

It was that same joy and utter dagger death that was devistating as a fan.

Maybe VH in their 50s ends up being cooler than they all were in the 40s? Sure as shit won't ever be as cool as their 20s!
    Eat Us and Smile!
    Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

VA, you just blew my fucking mind.

does the knuckleboner know exactly what he just saw? nope. but i know enough to know that 3 parts dave + 2 parts wha?! = rock and fucking roll!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by hain23x
        Maybe VH in their 50s ends up being cooler than they all were in the 40s
        I saw Henry Rollins live back when he turned 40. He did a good bit about how men, for the most part, attain their ultimate cool in their 50's and pretty much wrote off the 40's as a doomed decade in a man's life. So far, I'm in agreement. 40 felt like an accomplishment. 42 feels like blehhhcchhcchh.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Word......
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            I saw Henry Rollins live back when he turned 40. He did a good bit about how men, for the most part, attain their ultimate cool in their 50's and pretty much wrote off the 40's as a doomed decade in a man's life.
            Never saw that but I would guess the argument is that people spend a lot of their 40s worrying and just coming to terms with the idea.

I'm not too sure about generalisations, we all know people who act 20 years older or 20 years younger than their age.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
              A typical example of the sub-standard level of intelligence required to be a member Brett's ass-kissing chickenshit/cheesehead club.
              easy on the "cheesehead' thing
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

My dash of self deprication can be summed up in this question: Why has it taken me 42 years to turn 21? When I was in college, I felt like a 12 year old because so many around me that were the same age, to me, seemed worldly and hip beyond their years. I felt like I was just a couple years removed from actually playing with Star Wars toys ffs.

OK, back to the topic. Dave is one hip 50 something.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  No doubt. Here, take a look at the shirt I'm speaking of. Don't these things appear to be in remarkable shape for being almost THIRTY YEARS OLD? EbayLINK
                  Yes and i catch your drift. As was pointed out these things shrank like hell back in the day so the only chance you had was to put it up in the closet right after the show and NEVER wash or wear it. I damn sure didn't have the foresight to do it and i doubt most of these sellers did either. That was why i was glad Dave put out those EEAS remake shirts back around the Diamond Dave record. I think i bought 3 or 4 of them and i put one away to save. That is what was so cool about the CVH 1984 shirts they put out for the 2007 tour. I would give anything for a vintage one with hammer guy on the back though. I see they have the remade 82 shirts out now with the lion on them. I need to pick one of those up as well. I often wondered why when the EEAS shirts got remade, they didn't put the band photo on the back. Then i figured out they would probably have to pay Steve, Billy and Greg if they did that but i would still be curious to know for sure.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• adena dodds
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2010

Dave is a dazzler...He looks like he's Italian with that goutee. I had a nickname called Wha once. I want to lick his guitar strings till my toungue bleeds.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

He looks like my brother. LMAO. Kind of creeps me out.

Kind of...lol.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• fifth element
                        Commando
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
                        176 guests.......that'd be like Spammy's entire fan base being here

and just think if some of them started JOINING.....?
                        more people to cheer with (and ARGUE with!!!)
                        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Cato
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          No surprise is the tiresome response to the video from the haters at VH Links.

"The dance moves in overalls make him look like a goofball. Waste of a video. Let's here the music boys. It better be good if I have to wade through this shit to hear it."

"i'm sorry but watching that video of DLR does nothing to excite me about new VH. How was that any different than the crazy video he created about 8 yrs ago. "

"I hope that DLR dancing around won't be the "highlight" or focal point of the new VH. "

"I've not seen Brokeback Mountain, but thats exactly how I imagine its like..."

I'm sure those fags like to see Hagar wearing red sandals on stage.
                          Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

I have a vintage 82 shirt with the lion on the back. Thing is, a) it has been machine washed so many times it is now less than size small. b) It has no sleeves.

I oughta donate it to someone's kid...as it won't fit an adult anymore, lol.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              No to worry. He's a drummer, which means he won't be able to figure out it's complexity, and so will be reduced to trying to club you with it.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Well, I will say this. I never had any direct communication with Brett until a month ago.

He sent me a very kind message when my Dad passed away.

Sure there may be a buncha cheeseheads at the links. But Brett is ok in my book.
                                That one act tells me all I need to know.

Just my 2 cents.

Now back to the discussion!

Was at my Mom's house tonight. Wanted to watch the video. Only problem? I had set the fucking default Windows font size to 120 dpi so my Mom could read stuff easier on the computer.

The fucking onboard audio program will not work unless it is at the normal size of 96dpi....and I cannot change it back unless I have the original Windows install disc....which is here at MY fucking house.....so I turned on the video for a few seconds, and had no sound. I was fucking pissed. I had to leave anyway to catch a ride back home (my car is out of order for the next few days).

So I will have to wait for another few days so I can bring the original install disc to my Mom's, so I can change the fucking font so the goddamn sound software will fucking work....THEN I can watch the video in all it's glory.....
                                Last edited by Hardrock69; 12-30-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...