EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluemustard
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Heater
    I have always been a VH fan, saw them live with Dave 5 times prior to the original break up. Also, wasn't 12 years old in 1985, no offense to those who paint themselves as hard core fans but never truly experienced VH at their zenith, who talk about the glory days of the Roth era based on concert videos they've watched long after Dave left. I was bummed when Roth bailed, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get into his music, even went to see him on the Eat 'em tour. I just got more disillusioned with each passing year as it became clear he was enamored with the spotlight and the music seemed secondary, a soundtrack for the life of someone trying to stay relevant. I just could never be one of those people who believed everything he did was awesome, or stellar, as he and others like to say--a lot. I hoped there would be a true CVH reunion, Dave spent about a decade campaigning for it to happen and it sort of has. Eddie became quite the asshole as years went on, as has been stated here daily, giving little thought to those who put him where he was. finally there is the chance to come back to the party, kicking the door off the hinges as they enter and they decide to bring watered down liquor, in the form of Wolfgang. I wonder if Dave ever spoke up to bring Mike back, I doubt it. Dave wouldn't want to piss off Ed and lose the gig a third time. There is an "elephant in the room" vibe to all of this which has led to rationalizing how little Mike ever meant to the band. I saw them in '07 and was immediately reminded of Mike's importance and was amazed at how quickly so called diehards settled. So, while I look forward to the new music, you can't say it's from CVH. And it will be good, if it's great I would be the first to say so, but I refuse to be some bandwagoner and hail at the best work ever as some ALREADY are. I'm just a disappointed fan who may shortly be a bit less disappointed.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I have always been a VH fan, saw them live with Dave 5 times prior to the original break up. Also, wasn't 12 years old in 1985, no offense to those who paint themselves as hard core fans but never truly experienced VH at their zenith, who talk about the glory days of the Roth era based on concert videos they've watched long after Dave left. I was bummed when Roth bailed, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get into his music, even went to see him on the Eat 'em tour. I just got more disillusioned with each passing year as it became clear he was enamored with the spotlight and the music seemed secondary, a soundtrack for the life of someone trying to stay relevant. I just could never be one of those people who believed everything he did was awesome, or stellar, as he and others like to say--a lot. I hoped there would be a true CVH reunion, Dave spent about a decade campaigning for it to happen and it sort of has. Eddie became quite the asshole as years went on, as has been stated here daily, giving little thought to those who put him where he was. finally there is the chance to come back to the party, kicking the door off the hinges as they enter and they decide to bring watered down liquor, in the form of Wolfgang. I wonder if Dave ever spoke up to bring Mike back, I doubt it. Dave wouldn't want to piss off Ed and lose the gig a third time. There is an "elephant in the room" vibe to all of this which has led to rationalizing how little Mike ever meant to the band. I saw them in '07 and was immediately reminded of Mike's importance and was amazed at how quickly so called diehards settled. So, while I look forward to the new music, you can't say it's from CVH. And it will be good, if it's great I would be the first to say so, but I refuse to be some bandwagoner and hail at the best work ever as some ALREADY are. I'm just a disappointed fan who may shortly be a bit less disappointed.
      No way I'm reading this. Became tedious after the second nonsensical sentence.
      Merry Christmas

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Well, it came down to the wire but.......Hater wins the award for best run on sentence of 2011!

Congrats on a job well done
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Meh, not a hater sheep post. Actually pretty close with your observations although I think you carry them to the extreme. Dave did decline after EEAS, Eddie did become a bigger & bigger asshole, we would like Mike back instead of Wolfie, and I don't think anybody has hailed whatever this new album will be as the best ever.

But whatever man. You're entitled to your opinion. I am glad you are a Van Halen fan at the least. And I truly hope this new album surprises you and all of us with some great music. We all would love this to be the 7th best Van Halen album. While we have high hopes and might talk big, we all secretly have our fingers crossed behind our backs.

my best advice....just let go and enjoy the ride until you receive some solid evidence to not anymore.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

The chances are there would have never been a 7th album without wolf . Am ready to take hit here but am sure it was his influence that got his dad to realise the relevance of CVH rather than van hagar.
            We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc etc .
            Some one said recently we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.

Me too.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Pennypacker
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2009

The chances are there would have never been a 7th album without wolf . Am ready to take hit here but am sure it was his influence that got his dad to realise the relevance of CVH rather than van hagar.
                We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc etc .
                Some one said recently we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.
                I agree. To all the pseudo-CVH fans I have come into contact with over the last week, many have been stating over and over how VH IS DLR and Ed. I disagree with them time and time again, as most of us would, and am quick to toss out this lineup as a "reunion" lineup. This is a (somewhat) new band, not simply living off successes of the past (as they did in 2007 which is what everybody wanted), and are finally taking this forward with this new album.

Comparisons will be made to previous 30 year old albums, but I will be judging this as something new, with a little hint of the CVH we know and love added to it of course. It might simply be a re-hash of the old material, but I am eager to see how much these bandmates have matured as musicians and what they will offer now. Of course, with DLR added, how can it go wrong!

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  There are a couple of people who are good at art here, could one of them not make a series of sketches of the video and then post them to HK?
                  Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
                  What's HK and what are you talking about here?
                  JJ is stuck behind a desk at his shitty job at the moment and cannot access the site, but he has instructed me to let you all know that he'll be doing a series of drawings based on the video... Should be good shit!
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

I must admit that this is actually a great post... Heater, I've seen you post some goofy shit, but this is really great. Hey, listen, we'd all like to see Mikey there, but he's not. The only thing I miss about Mikey is vocals, and stage persona(in the CVH days)... But ya know what, I do think that Van Halen can make a really good album without him. As I've previously stated, I didn't miss him on the last tour, probably because I was shocked-as-shit at Eddie playing songs that I thought he didn't even remember the names of... Well, listen, what are we gonna do, hate on Dave because he didn't speak up for Mikey??? Mikey chose his side, and has a 3rd rate band to show for it. I'd still rather have a Billy Sheehan(Billy's an incredible player with great backing vocals), but that'll never happen because Billy's last name isn't Van Halen... I'm as diehard as they come, and if sacrificing Mikey for Dave is what's gotta be, then so fuckin be it. Mike can go blow Hagar every night backstage with Satch filming it.

If you listen to fools
                    The Mob Rules

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc.
                      This is an excellent observation, and one that is lost on the "No Mikey - No VH" gang of haters out there.

By all accounts, it's Wolf who was the driving force in bringing Dave back into the fold, and the only person that really held any leverage over Ed regarding the direction of the band.

Without Wolf, Ed is most likely either at home drinking Smoking Loon, or dead right now.

Good post!
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        There are a couple of people who are good at art here, could one of them not make a series of sketches of the video and then post them to HK?
                        Yeah, get Cato to recreate the video with his stick figure sketches and post it to YouTube!

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Yup..."look at all the little kids, taking care of the music biz...know their business take good care of me..."
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
                            I have always liked CVH and Dave, but it is really only recently (within the last three years) that I have become devout. My buddy VAiN told me the other night “until you have felt our pain, you cannot truly appreciate Dave” and then he popped in a Van Hagar video from ’96 or somewheres around that. Oh man. Oh I was so angry. When VAiN sees this, he will tell you of my rage. Where’s the stage presence? Where’s the crowd participation? Where’s Van Halen? And then that sonofabitch went and sang Panama ? Well no thank you, good sir, I will not stand for that. Legend will state that I “lost my cool”, I like to think that I kept my composure as I was screaming at the tv and spilling my beer. Anyway, my memory of that night is limited so VAiN can probably fill in the blanks.
                            Oh man, so angry!! The amount of suck being thrown at you was overwhelming, I understand... the case of beer we plowed through may have contributed to it. I only take issue that you spilled a beer - that's just wrong, man..
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
                              Looks like the stint at the Roxy is ongoing...
                              How amazing must that have been... just mind blowing! I can't believe it was kept quiet for 2 months! This is the nail in the coffin for every fucking nit wit troll that rolled through here talking shit about the album not happening, Ed not being happy with Dave, Dave not being happy with Ed, blah blah fucking blah. They can all eat a dick! This is happening, I'm just sitting back and loving every goddamn minute of this... Soon I will have VH tickets in my hand and and a new album. Nothing else matters...
                              Cheers guys, our time has come!

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sorry for the off topic post, but I gotta say JJtheVagPounder is still the best name on these forums!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Comment

Working...