EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

New Years Eve a clip of VH maybe? Links says there in NY according to thier thread

EUAS

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I feel like I just woke up after a twenty year nap.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Halen High
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        I also have a lot of friends who never got to see CVH. It is sort of like me talking to my older friends who were fortunate enough to see Jimi Hendrix in concert.

My neighbor saw one van hagar concert, and saw one show with Cherone. So he is hoping they come to Nashville as well as I.

But, they say you can't put lightning in a bottle.

So.....even those who will be seeing VH for the first time out on this tour, will still not witness what WE saw. The times are different. It is 25 years on since the Roth era ended.
        Kids these days have seen video of everything, so there will not be the 'shock value' that WE experienced in 1978 and subsequent years.

Even so.....at least people will be able to see 3/4 of the real deal. Too bad Mikey does not want to work with Dave again. Oh well.

Life goes on, eh?
        You're right - great analogy with Hendrix. As for Mike - I'm sure he wishes he was a part of it now and perhaps he regrets not playing the politics a little better, aligning himself so closely with Hagar etc. I love the guy - as one of the original four, he is a true legend of rock n' roll.

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Gary Cherone actually has votes...
          Hey Pojo that was really funny man, I mean for a moment I thought you were.........wait a minute.........you're serious?

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Of course. And I absolutely HATE having to be put in a position as a fan, that I CANNOT be absolutely sure of ANYTHING about VH anymore.

I mean, for instance....look at Iron Maiden. Or Judas Priest. They have had their personnel changes back in the 90s. But when they are touring, they are at least RELIABLE. You can be sure they will let the fans know when they are recording an album. They will let the fans know that "yes, in a year or year and a half we will be touring".

It allows the fans to KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that they will be touring, etc.

And as for the touring part of it, it allows fans to plan their trips to the nearest scheduled tour date well in advance, resting easy in the knowledge that yes, the band WILL tour, and yes, they WILL follow through.

This is why I will never go on a road trip to see Michael Schenker. More often than not, his club tours in prematurely in some kind of disaster, with a cancellation of all remaining dates.

So even now, with everything going on suddenly in the Van Halen camp, I CANNOT RELY ON THEM!

They can tell me until they are blue in the fucking face that they are releasing an album, that they are going to tour, etc.

But I cannot fucking depend on them. I might even be able to get my hands on a ticket. But I cannot be sure they will even tour. IF they tour, I cannot be sure they will even finish it.

SURE, they are at the top of the heap when it comes to American Hard Rock bands, and with Irving Azoff as manager, and a new deal with Interscope Records, it APPEARS that everything is going to happen as they say it will.

But....dare I use the pun? It is the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I HATE IT! I HATE HAVING TO BE SO FUCKING SKEPTICAL! AS MUCH A FAN OF VAN HALEN AS I AM, IT INFURIATES ME THAT I CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN THE WAY THEY SAY THEY WILL!

TALK IS FUCKING CHEAP!

SHOW ME THE FUCKING MONEY!

We now return you to our regularly schedule program.
            You need to chill, hon! Cynical is no way to go through life. Life is good! These are happy times. New music, a great tour, videos, pictures, press...it's all sweet icing on a big old cake.

Take a valium and call me in the morning!
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2009

So, I am taking what Sesh said about the whole drawing things out of it seriously and I drew this. It's going to be a series of SKETCHES and quick paintings and such so don't expect too much. But I am going to try and take pictures of them in interesting context.

Word.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

you got some serious talent there, jj.

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2009

Thanks, brother man.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Right on JJ. Keep em coming. I envy your talent but I am so very happy of your chosen medium & that you take the time to share with us.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                      Groupie
                      • Dec 2011

I've been a LONG TIME reader of the DLR Army. I just registered tonight. Love the video - can't wait for the pics - for that matter, can't wait for the song premier and CD release. Like all of us, I've hung on to every little piece of VH news (or lack thereof) and so excited to see the cork blow off this multi-decade long bottle of VH champagne!! Job well done to the guys who run this site - and whoever the rep is from DDE... a BIG Texas-sized thanks to you, bro... nuthin but yeah!!!!

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

I am SOOOO speechless.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Latest bit of VH info from the DDE rep:

If you're watching one of the Times Square countdown shows tomorrow night be on the lookout for the Van Halen train graphic during the 9pm to 10pm time slot. It should be rather large.

Now, which show? I'm told all of the major shows, so we'll see....
                          Rock and Roll Sir!
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• bluemustard
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard
                              Holy Shit,BM Kicking Spammy Ass And Taking Names.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Bluemustard...

Dude...these are some of the funniest chops I have seen in a long time. Keep at it. I AM laffing my fucking ass off!

AND *great fanfare* I finally saw the vid. It is on Youtube now, so I downloaded a 240p .flv file. Took me 2 fucking hours.

But I got to see it. How fucking cool! Dave rules!

Comment

Working...