Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I don't want to rain on everyone's glee parade for WARF, 'cause it WILL be an unreal experience, but I was told overnight in a PM that this is a PRESS event, not a concert, per se.....

WARF is going there in a REPORTER/BLOGGER capacity representing the Army....

So as much as he'd like to, he won't be able to be chugging brews and wave his Bic lighter around....

I've had to do this in a sports capacity last year a few times going to Penguins games in Pittsburgh in the press box.... It ain't easy at first, because you are NOT a fan that night....

I'm fairly confident that he'll have a good time anyway....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• 1971Quarter
      Roadie
      • Feb 2006

I'd offer to give blow by blow updates of Cafe Wha tonight, but they'll be slightly less interesting than WARF's as I'll just be loitering around outside:

8:00PM: It's freezing outside
      8:05PM: Just took a pee in an alleyway
      8:10PM: Hey was that Seinfeld in that taxi?
      8:17PM: Still freezing
      8:25PM: Grabbing a slice of pizza
      8:35PM: Looks like they're gonna let some fans in! Oh wait. Nevermind ...
      8:44PM: Still freezing
      8:55PM: Occupy Wall Streeters hanging around
      9:00PM: Show must be over. People are coming out.
      9:10PM: On the subway home

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I just think it's gonna be 8 or 9 oldies and "Tattoo"..... And that'll be it....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Being a "Press Event" sounds even better... I'd be expecting some great one-liners from Dave and more open banter than a rehearsed concert scenario.

What a night and day difference this Interscope signing has made!! Surreal hardly describes this...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I don't want to rain on everyone's glee parade for WARF, 'cause it WILL be an unreal experience, but I was told overnight in a PM that this is a PRESS event, not a concert, per se.....

So as much as he'd like to, he won't be able to be chugging brews and wave his Bic lighter around....

I've had to do this in a sports capacity last year a few times going to Penguins games in Pittsburgh in the press box.... It ain't easy at first, because you are NOT a fan that night....

I am glad you said that this is designed to be a fun time, but most of the invited are producers, press and other executives, from tour sponsers, etc... and such .

I am not saying a subdued atmosphere, but think business =WARF= as you try not to hit on the wrong guys girl. I am sure there will be a few not so sensible shoe wearing ladies there..lol.

As for the rest of us here at The RA we really should show the love for brother =WARF= by contacting the local NYC Bail Bondsman and setting aside a couple hundred dollars in fast cash..lol

Rock and Roll WARF!
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• bb64
              Groupie
              • Jul 2004

Boston morning radio show "Karlson and Mackenzie" just announced that Van Halen is playing the Boston Garden on 3/11.
              Tickets go on sale 1/14 and they said they will have some you can win...They tweeted it also!!

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

Dumb question, but any possibility that this will be a filmed event which will then be shared with the public online?
                http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I just think it's gonna be 8 or 9 oldies and "Tattoo"..... And that'll be it....
                  I agree.

I do hope they play the new song. Wouldn't be much for the press if it was just all oldies, now would it?
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

You know what's nearly as cool as this actually happening , is that every one is so positive and generous about it and fucking hyper ..... I know I don't post as much as others and I kinda just watch from the side lines but I can feel the buzz at the moment and it's a beautiful thing. .....
                    Roth on brothers and sisters ...
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Congrats, WARF! This is truly awesome!
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        You know what's nearly as cool as this actually happening , is that every one is so positive and generous about it and fucking hyper ..... I know I don't post as much as others and I kinda just watch from the side lines but I can feel the buzz at the moment and it's a beautiful thing. .....
                        Roth on brothers and sisters ...
                        I'm not really that excited yet for some reason. I guess maybe I will be after we see some real dates.

Glad you are though. Keep posting dude. You'll be at 3000 before ya know it.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

VHND just posted a link to a 360 degree view of the inside of Cafe Wha?....

Pretty cool...click the linky below

I think I might stroll around these images around 8pm tonite just to feel like I'm there. The place looks like a real fucking firetrap...hope they don't pull a "Great White"...
                          Last edited by fryingdutchman; 01-05-2012, 10:29 AM.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

That's always been available....

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Outstanding.....just when we got in the good graces of Dave's people we unleash WARF on 'em!

Do you think we'll all be banned from the entire tour or just the Mods and WARF

Seriously, that is just amazing news and I'm thrilled that a true CVH fan gets to go!
                              HOLY FUCK!!!! I think I peed a little when I read that, fucking hilarious!!! WARF, I'm so happy for you baby!!! I can't think of anyone more deserving. I'm sure if we polled all members new and old of both here and DDLR.com, you would come out as the number one all time favourite!!! Just remember, you IMMEDIATELY report...THEN go get hammered! LOVE YA, WARFY BABY!!!!!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                                I gotta tell you...

This is gonna be the greatest moment off my life seeing them at cafe wha....

But I'd trade it all in... the show... the new album... even put Sammy back in the band...

If we could have MAX and Alinchainz back....

This show is for you...
                                Many a time you've brought tears to my eyes...always through laughter. Not this time. Mark this post of the fucking century!
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...