Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I don't see that happening, I wouldn't subject her to the avalanche of crap she'd get....
    Damn, used up all my "thanks" in this thread alone in about 2 minutes.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      Hey Dloc, did you see someone posted VH at Xcel on May 19? Not official yet, but I'm hoping it's true! No more crappy Target Center like last time!
      Sweet!! I hadnt seen that yet!

Waaaaay better venue!!

And I just happen to live downtown about 6 blocks from the X!!
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Ahhh...the process for choosing WARF.

As I was heading down to Florida for a family vacation...you don't know how damn close I came to turning the car around and heading to NYC while the family was sleeping.

I can imagine my wife waking up saying, "Uh, where the hell are we..."

and me giddily laughing...and screaming..."VAN HALEN BABY!!!!!!!!!"

Woulda been a dream come true.

That said...I kept heading to Florida instead of risking divorce (ten years ago...there's have been risking for sure)...

There isn't anyone better that deserves this more than the WARF-meister general...definitely had to be someone who paid his dues here at the Army. Most don't remember that he was a webbie here way back in the day (yo ThatArtGuy, he was added some time after Brownsound and I), and a moderator for many...many years...

...not to mention some classic alias' that I won't get into...but there was one that was so damn classic...you wouldn't fucking believe it...

That said...tear it up WARF...have a great time...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

My guess set list (half 'hope list'/half 'they will play' list)

1. Unchained
          2. Romeo Delight
          3. Runnin' With the Devil
          4. Tattoo
          5. Bottoms Up
          6. Secrets
          7. Hear About it Later
          8. Panama
          9. Jump
          10. Eruption/You Really Got Me
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

That's always been available....
            Ummmm....OK.

I'm sure it's always been on Google's page...but I thought they usually only did exteriors...

The link (that's always been there on Google) was just put on VHND's page. Is that better?
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Why yes, it is...
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                My guess set list (half 'hope list'/half 'they will play' list)

1. Unchained
                2. Romeo Delight
                3. Runnin' With the Devil
                4. Tattoo
                5. Bottoms Up
                6. Secrets
                7. Hear About it Later
                8. Panama
                9. Jump
                10. Eruption/You Really Got Me

We are 350+ posts into this thread & my eyes are bloodshot from just waking up. Has anyone thought of the possibility they only play the new album live? Maybe 1-2 classics and the rest new stuff to kinda trot it out, let the critics hear it & all in a fashion that makes it more difficult to give it a bad review?
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                  VHND just posted a link to a 360 degree view of the inside of Cafe Wha?....

Pretty cool...click the linky below

I think I might stroll around these images around 8pm tonite just to feel like I'm there. The place looks like a real fucking firetrap...hope they don't pull a "Great White"...

Holy Jesus! It will be like having Van Halen play in your living room. WARF is gonna be so damn close to the band it's amazing & unreal.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I should've just been a dick and taken the pass myself...

Fuck...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

LOVE THIS!!

"The Cafe Wha? will be closed on Thursday for a private event. "

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

I should've just been a dick and taken the pass myself...

Fuck...
                        Yeah, but that would have meant driving North and circumnavigating New York in the wintertime. It also would have resulted in a serious case of the trots around the time you hit Philadelphia, after eating at gas stations and Taco Bell franchises. But if you change your mind, bring back a case or two of Schaefer.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Nah, WARF will represent us just fine...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

we should have set WARF up with the old time reporter look, fedora hat with the "PRESS" card in the band, bad suit, and a big notebook with pencils. that would have gotten someone's attention.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              we should have set WARF up with the old time reporter look, fedora hat with the "PRESS" card in the band, bad suit, and a big notebook with pencils. that would have gotten someone's attention.
                              Dont forget the "Hi! My name is Waldo" press badge.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I should've just been a dick
                                You were!

See post #343....

Originally posted by perilouspete
                                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

Working...