Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDABOAT1
    Groupie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by kwame k
    Don't know for sure if they visited the old demos for this album........

They've done it on pretty much the entire six-pack, bringing old songs or riffs back from the dead but I haven't heard anyone say that, yet!
    Lots of past rumors and discussion on this. I think Tremonti of Alterbridge said this as well. Who knows.

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
      I've always been perplexed that people openly admit on TV or radio they love CVH ---- but also love Sammy. The two are polar opposites and dont belong in the same sentence.

Isn't that like saying you love fucking 18 yr. old sexy strippers, but you also like fucking your sister's tired old twat as well ??
      Two different bands IMO.

One does not equal the other...and never could.

One kick ass Hard Rock band and one Top 40 Rock band.

Comment

• mug
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2005

How loud is it going to be for those geeks. I can see some crying its to loud. Crank it up. And blast away.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mug
          How loud is it going to be for those geeks. I can see some crying its to loud. Crank it up. And blast away.
          Damn The Crying.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Angel
            You get so you know the real from the fake... I would say, don't believe it if it hasn't been posted by a mod...
            Words I will try to live by in these trying times.... Thanks for the wisdom!!!
            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• mug
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2005

Dan you flying in for this? To bad that new york trip was early last year.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                Two different bands IMO.

One does not equal the other...and never could.

One kick ass Hard Rock band and one Top 40 Rock band.

Eddie Trunk will always be regarded as a hack and a fraud in the music journalism biz ---- here's his actual quote from "That Metal Show" w/Hagar:

"Sammy, you're an inspirational story because you went from being a nobody in Fontana to ---- a tequila mogul."

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mug
                  Dan you flying in for this? To bad that new york trip was early last year.
                  Brother Mug,Count On It.

New York Was Sweet As Too.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I know, I was saying that the new VH video with old music over it appears to have a slower groove per Al's attack.
                    Unless he's subdividing and doing halftime, but I doubt it.
                    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                      Eddie Trunk will always be regarded as a hack and a fraud in the music journalism biz ---- here's his actual quote from "That Metal Show" w/Hagar:

"Sammy, you're an inspirational story because you went from being a nobody in Fontana to ---- a tequila mogul."
                      LOL...Trunk does tend to kiss ass in some interviews.

On the other hand....the best programmed four hour block on sat radio's Boneyard.

We don't get TMS in Canada...so I never had the pleasure.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by negative
                        Trunk just tweeted this:
                        @EddieTrunk
                        Eddie Trunk
                        Super excited to tell you I just got my invite to the special VH club gig in NYC this Thursday! This should be amazing, place holds 250!

So at least that Hagarita will be there.
                        has Dave been on his show ?? Maybe Dave has told him no & he kisses Sams ass to piss him off. Wouldn't suprise me. I think that show is ok. Dave should do it if he never has. At least the guy tries to keep rock in the forefront in the shitty fucking rap techno world of fucking garbage !!

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                          LOL...Trunk does tend to kiss ass in some interviews.

On the other hand....the best programmed four hour block on sat radio's Boneyard.

We don't get TMS in Canada...so I never had the pleasure.

Nothin' wrong with being friends with rockers ---- but Trunk needs to grow a pair and start asking some tough questions if he wants any respect as an interviewer ---- I would go much easier on him if he called out Hagarita about his blatant bullshit like ---- "I was as popular as Van Halen in 1984" or "Van Hagar sold more albums than Roth-era VH".

The only artist bigger than Van Halen in 1984 was Michael Jackson, and anyone alive during that time knows that. Eddie Trunk was alive during that time, so he seems quite cowardly to allow Sammy's word barf to propagate unchallenged.

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            has Dave been on his show ?? Maybe Dave has told him no & he kisses Sams ass to piss him off. Wouldn't suprise me. I think that show is ok. Dave should do it if he never has. At least the guy tries to keep rock in the forefront in the shitty fucking rap techno world of fucking garbage !!

Trunk has taken subtle stabs at Dave and Eddie for never appearing on "That Metal Show" or his NYC radio program.

But so what? Just because Dave and Ed wont be your drinking buddies doesn't mean you plant Sammy's nutsack on your chin as revenge. What kind of weirdo does that?

I miss the old days when real interviewers like Jim Ladd or Lisa Robinson could establish a good rapport with Dave ---- but still ask tough questions and don't settle for bullshit.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

What ever happened to Ladd ?

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                                What ever happened to Ladd ?

I heard he recently got fired from his long-time gig at KLOS ---- but supposedly about to start a new show on Sirius XM.

Comment

Working...