Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Maybe if Eddie read Dave's book it would be easier for him to 'get' Dave... he obviously doesn't.

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Unchainme
      Who the fuck has been "inspired" by Van HAGAR and Hagar in general?

I've only seen one admit it, and it was the frontman from Tesla claiming he won a slot in the band by singing "You're love is driving me crazy".

Classic Van Halen? Every fucking hairband ever, plus Smashing Pumpkins, Pantera, Alice In Chains, L7, (FORD claims Nirvana..cannot confirm nor deny) Green Day, Living Colour. oh..forgot..in the "All My Life" video for Foo Fighters, they're actually playing "Panama"

The whole crowd including CHRIS ROCK didn't go apeshit over the 04 reunion did they? No, because Roth led Van Halen was fucking awesome. Van HAGAR is the fucking 80's version of Nickelback with a better guitarist.

Nailed it ! Van Gaygar sucked ass.
      “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• JenniferM
        Roadie
        • Feb 2004

Oh my GOD that video irritates the SHIT out of me!!

JenniferM

Originally posted by Matt White
        Best part?

Trunk is gonna HAVE to eat his words if this VH release has any legs....it'll outsell ANY of the Spammy era.....

Having DAVID LEE ROTH fronting the von Halen bros right right in front of your face would cause any Ghey van haggis fan to go straight.............

Trunk is gonna see the light.....

remember that PIECE OF SHIT video they shot for DREAMS in a club way back in the day? PLaying it off like it was CLASSIC VAN HALENish???

Tomorrow will BURY THAT SHIT for once and for all!!!
        "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          I don't mind Trunk getting one, I mean he is a music journalist....

But I'd like to know how the Asian fucker got in there....

At least the Asian guy was in the fucking moment. Yeah, irritating as a splinter from a cheap chopstick (fuck you Panda Express!) but holy motherfuck was the little dude having some fun. Gotta love it.

Trunk goes & is "less than impressed". Compared to an Army member who goes & says the band looked kinda fuzzy through all the tears of joy that were streaming and can't talk for a week after due to losing their voice.

Big difference.

Fuck Eddie Trunk. I don't like the guy & never have. Fucking know-it-all who doesn't really.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JenniferM
            Oh my GOD that video irritates the SHIT out of me!!

JenniferM
            again, I always wondered if they were on the impression that maybe, just maybe dave was coming back into the band for a set? .
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Unchainme
              Who the fuck has been "inspired" by Van HAGAR and Hagar in general?

I've only seen one admit it, and it was the frontman from Tesla claiming he won a slot in the band by singing "You're love is driving me crazy".
              That story was in the liner notes for their "Reel To Real" album, but the story was that Jeff Keith "won a vocal contest singing a Sammy Hagar song just days before joining the band". He was leaving the band Troubleshooter, which he was in with his brother, to form City Kidd with Frank, Brian, Tommy and Troy in 1984, which was later renamed Tesla.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• JenniferM
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                  Are there really people here who wonder how or why Trunk got to go to The Wha? show..?

Maybe because he is the host of the leading televised Music / Rock and Roll talk show going right now.

Or is it the only talk show about Rock and Roll ?

Should they have sent some more of The RA members,.. well, Hell Yeah! they should have..but all this -why Trunk?- just sounds stupid.

Maybe due to Trunks comments about VH and negativity, gave DDE and The Van Halen Machines, the oportunity to live review thier new tune and sound in front of what no-one would call a stacked deck of fans or editorial music writers.

I like Florentine better anyway...so there.
                  Meh.

This version doesn't need the Eddie Trunk / That Metal Show stamp of approval any more than they did four years ago.

Trunk can dislike the new album all he likes and can have Mike Anthony and Sam Hagar on TMS every other week; Chickenfoot ain't gonna move any albums or fill any halls even close to what Van Halen 2012 will.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• JenniferM
                    Roadie
                    • Feb 2004

JeffVanHalen.jpg

I am so glad there are so many truly dedicated fans here!

I am hoping that the receipt totals for this tour will show all those talking heads out there that they have been talking out of their collective ases!!

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by JenniferM
                      I am hoping that the receipt totals for this tour will show all those talking heads out there that they have been talking out of their collective ases!!
                      They did $93M last time out but I don't think surpassing that will be a problem. The 2007 tour didn't have NEAR the publicity OR a new album to go with it.
                      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

That "IT AIN'T VH W/O DLR" T-shirt is probably the one I wear the most when I get to be in public places.
                        Trunk's most wore t-shirt (with sweat & food stains, smell and all) is a White Castle one.

Comment

• JenniferM
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2004

He wore it a gig at the high school and it was a big hit! He's just about to wear it out

Originally posted by philouze
                          That "IT AIN'T VH W/O DLR" T-shirt is probably the one I wear the most when I get to be in public places.
                          Trunk's most wore t-shirt (with sweat & food stains, smell and all) is a White Castle one.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Trunk gives mad props....

EddieTrunk So finally listened to all of new VH. As you know I was holding off commenting until I heard full CD because I was not loving Tattoo...
                            Tue, Feb 07 18:48:08 from Twitter for iPhone

EddieTrunk I can honestly say Im shocked @ how good it is! Heavy, no keys, no ballads, prod is very live, songs kick ass, & king EVH is back ruling!
                            Tue, Feb 07 18:50:45 from Twitter for iPhone

EddieTrunk Some songs are much better than others but reminds me at times of Woman & Children which is an all time favorite. Suspect it will grow more
                            Tue, Feb 07 18:52:08 from Twitter for iPhone

EddieTrunk I still miss Michael Anthony but its way better and heavier than I ever would have thought, especially with Tattoo leading the way!
                            Tue, Feb 07 18:53:09 from Twitter for iPhone
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2005

Haha! Damn right.

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

I don't miss michael anthony.

And of course there's no "Ballads", that's what the REAL Van Halen is about!
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...