Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Any body know what the shirt/dvd/cd pack will cost? I will need to buy that Tuesday

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Any body know what the shirt/dvd/cd pack will cost? I will need to buy that Tuesday
      To the best of my knowledge, there ISN'T one. You have to purchase the CD/DVD and t shirt/CD only separately: WALMART SITE

And the ad contained in this weekend's paper makes no mention of a CD/DVD/Shirt all in one package.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Ahh, I will have to buy two more cd's then. I have some friends with birthdays coming up.
        Last edited by SNIPER; 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• wiseguy
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          I ordered the vinyl via the livenation site - unfortunately they said we won't get it until Feb 24th.
          I did as well...so stoked!!!! I think it is not sent out till MARCH23rd though.
          Stay frosty now.
          Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• mdk1967
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

Best Buy Ad

Comment

• mdk1967
              Roadie
              • Feb 2004

Aussie ad

Comment

• dazzlindino
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2009

hell ya......were's the space cadet now......
                I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  Not really - I find it good, though, that it could possibly be two albums of 35mins or so each. That would be like two old CVH albums.

It could just be to allow for more spaces between the grooves, so to speak. It's common with contemporary vinyl releases to be doubles, especially when CDs can be 70 min+. All the CVH albums were made before CD (or in the case of 1984, wasn't released initially on CD, so recorded / mastered with the limitations of vinyl in mind - anything over 35 mins, and the grooves have to be cut closer, and something gets lost sonically).

Could depend on length of the tunes on the album, though - 'Tattoo' is the single, and sometimes you'd say the single is usually one of the shorter tracks on any album by any band for radio-play purposes - but it's nearly 5 mins long. Those first six albums were all around 33-36 mins (Van Halen I the longest ... at a mere 35:13 mins, but again, that was common in pre-CD days).

The only longer songs than 'Tattoo' they recorded in the 6-pack are: 'Cradle Will Rock', 'Fools', and 'Mean Street'. Maybe it will be an album of longer cuts. MWM and CGTSNM are both longer, too - so maybe the trend is towards slightly longer tunes now.
                  As a vinyl lover, I thank you for the interesting info.

I've ordered my double LP red vinyl set already...
                  Last edited by IceCreamBlondie; 02-06-2012, 11:34 PM.
                  I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• qikgts
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Itunes is up!!!
                    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Has this been discussed?

Comment

• Julius
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

New VH Vinyl, Help Needed

Alright, as most of us know... ADKOT is being released on vinyl. I have the entire six pack and most of the singles on vinyl. Thanks, eBay!

Where can I buy a high quality turntable? It looks like records are making a comeback and I need to adjust my home entertainment system accordingly.

Any recommendations?

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Good topic ! I would like to hear various reviews myself.
                          I think if you are going all out analog again, gotta get a tube amp too
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Julius
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Good topic ! I would like to hear various reviews myself.
                            I think if you are going all out analog again, gotta get a tube amp too
                            Grate idea. I'm tempted to ditch my iPod... sounds too phony.

Even lossless format lacks the warmth and tone of a good old fashioned LP.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Here's a site with a shit load of turntable reviews on it. The site is aimed at DJ's, so presumably there would be some quality turntables mentioned here.

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Julius
                                Alright, as most of us know... ADKOT is being released on vinyl. I have the entire six pack and most of the singles on vinyl. Thanks, eBay!

Where can I buy a high quality turntable? It looks like records are making a comeback and I need to adjust my home entertainment system accordingly.

Any recommendations?
                                You can find good turntables at most big electronics outfits like Best Buy, etc...

If you go with the older analog turntables... make sure your receiver has a true analog phono input. Today though most of the newer models offer both analog & USB outputs. I've never used one with USB output so I have no idea if there's any signal effect in the digital conversion...

I have an old late 70's Pioneer model and a mid-80's Technica... both are old school belt driven. With those the quality of the stylus was key.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...