Time for the Army to do a little march here...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Heater
    Why is there still the fascination with Sammy with some of you? Finally get what seemed impossible and you still cry about Hagar for some reason. He will probably end up like solo Dave;sparsely attended club shows, scrapped tours, albums selling in the hundreds. It's like you don't want to be happy. VH will soon have the number one album in the country, already number one single....fuck, what is wrong with you?
    By now it's simply become a conditioned habit. You know, sort of like you showing up each and every day in order to have your ass handed to you.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      But, if you walk into a gay bar and take a poll...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        Don't have to, because we already won! So sit back, relax, pop a cold-one, get laid, light a bong, whatever.

BTW, trying to fight with these sheep right now is like.......
        Just seems like a natural thing to do I guess.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          The Army was built as a fighting response against those who talked down on Dave's name and CVH (most notably Spammy fans).

Let us take it back to the battle fields once again.

You have your marching orders.

ROTH ON.
          Reminds me of a good scene...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            LOL!

Hell yeah!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

There was a time where no Spammy McFagar/Van Fagar fan was spared. And now they are running their mouths; slagging Dave and VH - - and fucking chickens at will!

Will we stand for that injustice??!!!!

NO!

Time to take out the trash.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Yeah, that's me after the big vacation getting everyone ready to fight out next battle against Nickelback.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                Well here's some poetic justice for ya! Looks like that poll was just a fart in the wind, cuz' =VH= is on the front page!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/
                That little piece pissed me off though, because it just made it harder to wait 3-1/2 weeks to get the album!!!

Van Halen’s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ is ‘Heavier Than Expected’ According to Early Listeners

by: Matthew Wilkening 5 hours ago

Reportedly a few lucky people have already gotten to hear the new Van Halen record ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ well ahead of its Feb. 7 street date. Judging from the internet accounts of these highly guarded listening sessions, the band’s first outing with original singer David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years is going to make fans pretty happy.

MelodicRock.com reports that one retailer, who had an Interscope executive fly out for a special playback session, labeled the record “overall, heavier than I expected,” and singled out the songs ‘China Town,’ ‘Big River’ and ‘Beats Workin” as highlights. They also went on to say that ‘She’s the Woman,’ as previewed at the band’s recent New York City club show, was better than the official first single ‘Tattoo.’

A post on the VHLinks message board quotes another, unnamed source, who runs down every song on the album in mostly favorable terms, and also declares ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ “better than anticipated.” They go so far as to cite ‘You and Your Blues’ as “probably the coolest VH track I’ve heard,” adding they “didn’t think Eddie had this sort of thing in him.” Which boggles our mind a bit — what hasn’t Edward Van Halen shown he can do with a guitar?

If this review is accurate the record also features a couple of ballads, including “real surprise” ‘As Is,’ which is described as “melodic, slower, understated in many ways” and ultimately, “the best track on the album.” Of course, these reports should be taken with a grain of salt. Hopefully soon enough we’ll all get our chance to hear this eagerly anticipated album. Until then, it’s a steady diet of the first six albums on repeat out here, how about you?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

That article quoted within the article was posted here as well - the thread was closed because it was suspect that the person had actually heard the record.

Oh dear.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Well, comeone likes Chickenfoot.

I case those Red Hot chili Peppers fans are a loyal bunch....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      It just sounds...lazy and unfinished, as if it was a first draft and recorded on the spot. The chorus (such as it is) doesn't really settle itself, so the song sort of just meanders around without any climax or resolution. And WTF is up with the seemingly random chords used to end the song? This isn't the first time the hack has pulled this, either. Take a listen (if you can stomach it) to "Finish What You Started", a tune with one of the most ironic titles in recorded history. The moron didn't even bother to come up with a chorus for the damned thing, instead relying on a "Hey, ain't we bitchin' for using acoustic guitars" attitude during a half-assed attempt at John Mellencamp territory that didn't so much suggest cornfields as it did outright corn.
                      Great post buddy.

Now I don't know what the situation is in America, but Down Under I'm yet to hear any Chickefoot material on our mainstream rock radio stations, from either of their albums. On the other hand, our most popular station TripleM is playing Tattoo - says it all really.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Sad thing is, here in he UK 'Classic Rock' magazine did a special edition of the new Chickenshit album. It's one of my favourite mags, but I was gutted when I saw that.

chickenshit was playing 3000 seaters here. It baffles me.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2004

I love Heartbreak Ridge. I have that in my Netflix que right now. Seeing that has me motivated to to get off this time waster, grab a cold one, cuddle up with my favorite red-head and watch it. Shame people have to get old. I could watch Clint Eastwood sit and read the funny pages for 2 hours and be entertained.....
                          Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ah yes where 30 000 heavily armed marines invade an island defended by 5 students one of which was armed with a small fruit knife.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Ah yes where 30 000 heavily armed marines invade an island defended by 5 students one of which was armed with a small fruit knife.
                              The Falklands II

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                Sad thing is, here in he UK 'Classic Rock' magazine did a special edition of the new Chickenshit album. It's one of my favourite mags, but I was gutted when I saw that.

chickenshit was playing 3000 seaters here. It baffles me.
                                The editor has probably met Sammy and likes him on a personal level - so he's lost some of his objectivity and does his friend a little favour with the coverage. Other than that, Sammy knows how to work PR. His manager probably sent the publisher 30 free tickets, backstage passes for all and promised a face-to-face interview with Mike. Trust me - this is how a lot of coverage is generated in the magazine sector.

Comment

Working...