• Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    How 'bout a solo Dave song mixed in...
    Nah.

It's Roth fronting Van Halen. In the years between 1999 and 2006, Roth was doing solo gigs where half the setlist or better was CVH material anyway. Roth knows what people want to hear, and as good as much of Roth's solo material is (and undoubtedly the band would do the tunes justice), it's just not what people going to see Van Halen want to hear.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
      The only DLR solo tune I'd love to see on the tour would be "Damn Good".

They could turn that into a tearjerker moment for the concert ---- Dave & Eddie sitting on stools at the front of the stage ---- photos from the '76-'84 era being shown on the big screen as they play

that would get me emotional for sure!!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Just for the record, I think EWS would be a fantastic opener also.... Have the guitarist at each end of the stage, DLR above Al, I think it's be great....
        Great idea...I'm for that!
        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• mohican
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by TJMKID
          The only DLR solo tune I'd love to see on the tour would be "Damn Good".

They could turn that into a tearjerker moment for the concert ---- Dave & Eddie sitting on stools at the front of the stage ---- photos from the '76-'84 era being shown on the big screen as they play

That would be the song I want to hear. I always thought the song was about him and Alex and the crazy things they did.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Come on guys, you know Ed won't touch Dave solo songs....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenI
              Roadie
              • Dec 2010

He'll never, that's right, but Ed did with Sammy's solo stuff... why not Diamond's solo songs? Yankee Rose, Damn Good, Skyscraper... LIL AIN'T ENOUGH (tattoo kinda reminds me of this one beacuse of the synth at the begining)
              I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
              It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I go back to a short video opening..highlights from the beginning ( including the split)..play some Roth solo tunes in the background ( crowd cheers)..play some V Hagar tunes ( crowd boos)..then open with " Light up the Sky"...full circle baby....never happen but would be great..

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                  I go back to a short video opening..highlights from the beginning ( including the split)..play some Roth solo tunes in the background ( crowd cheers)..play some V Hagar tunes ( crowd boos)..then open with " Light up the Sky"...full circle baby....never happen but would be great..
                  He is nervous and his socks are too loose.

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

OOPS. Quoted wrong thing.

Comment

• redfire
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2004

If Ed agreed to do a DLR solo song, the only ones he would do would be off ALAE out of love and respect for Jason Becker.
                      Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Ed's never gonna do a DLR solo song and Dave'll never do a Van Fagar song, period.

Now can we get back on topic, please!

So you think Ed'll cut his hair before the start of the tour?
                        Will Dave grow back the goatee?
                        Will anyone ever have the compassion to tell Alex he has the exact same haircut as Shemp?

Discuss........
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't know for sure... But Wolfgang was able to convince his dad and uncle to do things most of us figured were darn long shots, if not almost impossibilities.

We can postulate all day on Dave would never sing this... or Ed won't allow that... but "the kid" on the other hand is a factor we just don't know about. Yeah... he hit a home run in this demographic's eyes by influencing his old man to clean up and embrace his CVH legacy with Dave. But let's not fool ourselves that the "other" 20 years of VH that's been swept under the rug won't ever resurface... that was the part of VH's history in which Wolf grew up.

As much as we're appreciating what Wolf has brought to the table... he's still wet behind the ears and at some point... he's a Van Halen... he might trip up and make a call we may not want to embrace...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Expect the band to play at least 5 songs off the new album.

Historically, VH has always played the bulk of a new record -- but seeing as this one has 13 tracks - I would see them playing at least 5.

As far as Dave solo songs go - I doubt Ed will play any. The most popular Dave song is Yankee Rose and I can't see Eddie playing the Vai talking guitar bit. Not that he can't play it (I'm sure he could) just that he won't. So what does that leave? California Girls? Just Like Paradise?
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

5 is too many VV.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I was hoping for at least 6-7... I know there's history. But hell... I've seen everything else back in their better days a bunch already!!
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...