Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Someone at Interscope is earning their money.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Ozzy did that with "Scream", too....right?
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Hmmm....see what happens when I don't check in for over 24 hours? Stupid me...I could have TIVO'd this, but just now found out about it.

Oh well. Not interested in watching some TV show just to get a couple of quick bits of an album I will hear in full in about 2 weeks.

The worst thing like that I ever did was in 1988....I was dying to hear some new Judas Priest. Turbo had been a huge disappointment, to say the least. Parental Guidance my fucking ass.

So then I found out that their new single "Johnny B. Goode" was going to be in a lame high-school football movie of the same name.

So I went to the theater. Sat through an entire goddamn film that was not worth a fuck, and the song was tacked on at the end credits.

To be sure, that was the most metalized version of that song ever, but it represented a new low for Priest. Goddamn record company fucks probably commanded they do that song.

So I wasted 2 hours and 15 bucks on that piece of shit movie to hear a song I was going to hear when the album came out anyway.

So....even though I bitch slightly about missing the VH clips on CIS, I don't give a goddamn about primetime fiction shows, so I am really not going to die because I missed this.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

My DVR is locked and loaded...

Cool to hear this. I've been a longtime CSI fan, and I'm enjoying the reboot with Ted Danson (which shocks me...because I thought Danson sucked in everything he did after "Cheers.")
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            So....even though I bitch slightly about missing the VH clips on CIS, I don't give a goddamn about primetime fiction shows, so I am really not going to die because I missed this.
            You didn't miss it, HR...it's on tonight...

Comment

• Droomer5150
              Roadie
              • Jan 2012

Who cares if we (Australians) don't get to hear it early. We get the album 4 days before the rest of the world!!! . The guys must be trying to make up for that piece of shit, utter disappointment, major epic fail, Soundwave Revolution. Anyway that's good enough for me, but they still need to get around to Aus sometime soon on this tour!!
              SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Droomer5150
                Who cares if we (Australians) don't get to hear it early. We get the album 4 days before the rest of the world!!! . The guys must be trying to make up for that piece of shit, utter disappointment, major epic fail, Soundwave Revolution. Anyway that's good enough for me, but they still need to get around to Aus sometime soon on this tour!!
                Not sure what you mean here....

The collapse of Soundwave Revolution had nothing to do with Van Halen...
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

It's not like it's gonna get uploaded by 37,000 people to Youtube tonight, then subsequently embedded here 5 minutes after....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Hmmm....see what happens when I don't check in for over 24 hours? Stupid me...I could have TIVO'd this, but just now found out about it.

Oh well. Not interested in watching some TV show just to get a couple of quick bits of an album I will hear in full in about 2 weeks.

The worst thing like that I ever did was in 1988....I was dying to hear some new Judas Priest. Turbo had been a huge disappointment, to say the least. Parental Guidance my fucking ass.

So then I found out that their new single "Johnny B. Goode" was going to be in a lame high-school football movie of the same name.

So I went to the theater. Sat through an entire goddamn film that was not worth a fuck, and the song was tacked on at the end credits.

To be sure, that was the most metalized version of that song ever, but it represented a new low for Priest. Goddamn record company fucks probably commanded they do that song.

So I wasted 2 hours and 15 bucks on that piece of shit movie to hear a song I was going to hear when the album came out anyway.

This post made me laugh....Johnny B. Goode...funny shit......thank God Priest redeemed themselves eventually with Painkiller...but go figure...they put out a killer album and then part ways....wtf?

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Very, very cool indeed!!!

I will pass on this, however. I've never watched any of those murder shows and never will.

Besides I'm really looking forward to my virgin listen of the CD and don't really want any snippets!

I think I'm going to take Feb 7 off and just immerse myself in it.
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        With a glass of wine in the tub?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I find it quite entertaining to see so many contemplating a moral dilemma over watching a top prime-time network crime drama show... but desperately wanting a taste of new Van Halen... but sticking to your "higher moral fortitude"... LOL

What's more concerning is what other crap TV shows some of you would rather watch... Toddlers & Tiaras or anything on LifeTime..?
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

No the real concern is why you would give a shit what other people choose to watch on TV.

There's enough crap going on in the real world. I don't need to waste my time watching it dramatized on TV.

And I'm not desperate for snippets. I have no problem waiting for the whole package!

But I'm glad I could entertain you!
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Do it! I am, and you should too! February 7, 2012: National piss-off your neighbors day.

I'll be waiting for the clip to show up on the YouTubes moments after it airs..
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                                Do it! I am, and you should too! February 7, 2012: National piss-off your neighbors day.
                                Can't come fast enough.........
                                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Working...