• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I heard the entire Stay Frosty song.

O M G ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This song completely DESTROYS Ice Cream Man 1978.

DESTROYS IT!

Wow, Eddie, man.

The MASTERS are indeed back.

What a song.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bigtrouble77
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2004

I finally placed my order through Amazon, I just didn't want to have to wait till tuesday evening to hear this... but I got the deluxe edition front of me now

When my 3 year old goes to bed the rest of the evening belongs to VH!

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by FORD
        Hopefully not.... the current North American leg of the tour is only booked through the end of June. That leaves lots of time to hit Europe in the summer. And one would hope they manage to hit Australia, since they would have been the first stop on the tour, had that festival not gone tits up the way it did.
        Shit i would love them to play europe
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Just got myself an "early copy" too...but my CD/DVD will arrive on Tuesday.

I am absolutely blown away. I cannot describe how great an album this is. And I can't believe that I prefer the new SHE'S THE WOMAN to the original version...

Also, the sound quality is SO MUCH better than the preview versions.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2010

Wasn't there a quote somewhere from someone who had talked to Eddie about the album and Eddie said he was nervous about how the album would be recieved?? No need to be nervous Ed ol boy this album is immense.

Comment

• FALCO
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              Just got myself an "early copy" too...but my CD/DVD will arrive on Tuesday.

I am absolutely blown away. I cannot describe how great an album this is. And I can't believe that I prefer the new SHE'S THE WOMAN to the original version...

Also, the sound quality is SO MUCH better than the preview versions.
              Agreed!!! The sound BLOWS AWAY the preview clips... was very disappointed in the mix of DLR's vocals on those... but the REAL CD... no issues whatsoever... it is slamming!!!
              \m/ \m/
              NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
              'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
              "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
                Agreed!!! The sound BLOWS AWAY the preview clips... was very disappointed in the mix of DLR's vocals on those... but the REAL CD... no issues whatsoever... it is slamming!!!
                \m/ \m/
                What you got are mp3s, aren't they? The actual CD will blow them away!

I will get my copy next Monday morning from Amazon.fr, but couldn't help getting an "early copy", as RIKK said... and... it's just TREMENDOUS!!!!

It's even better than I thought, beyond my expectations that were really high, as VH could not disappoint us...
                They made a GREAT album, which coming from VH means a damn lot.

I agree about the previews, which sound a little hollow in comparison.

I'm all the more looking forward to play my own proper CD!!
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                  I heard the entire Stay Frosty song.

O M G ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This song completely DESTROYS Ice Cream Man 1978.

DESTROYS IT!

Wow, Eddie, man.

The MASTERS are indeed back.

What a song.
                  I thought the clip was pretty good, but after hearing the full version, I was not prepared for how good that song would be.

Ed kills it indeed!!!
                  "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• vanshipman
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Whats the solo in China Town like??? On the preview it stops just as Eddie sounds like hes getting ready to unleash something mighty...big squeal then...AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I want to hear this album!!!!! LOL

Comment

• vanshipman
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Ive got my Itunes copy pre-ordered, and then going to pick up the deluxe version at the local record store...man I never expected to ever have the thrill of waiting on another new VH release with Roth...it's sweet misery...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Quick question....

Are Dave's handwritten lyrics in the CD booklet, or is that only on the gatefold of the vinyl copy?

Comment

• BruinJer
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

The solo on Stay Frosty is bluesy... Similar to Ice Cream Man. Ed is on another planet on this album!
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

more questions...

how's the DVD? just the four songs, or is the "song by song" rundown of the lyrics included?

and was it recorded at 5150 and Henson, or just Henson?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's the same session as the YRGM one that was put up on preview.

I think the other 4 work better than YRGM and Dave tells a couple of short stories.

Eddie and Wolf look genuinely happy to be there giggling at Dave's jokes and Wolf can sing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vanshipman
                                Whats the solo in China Town like??? On the preview it stops just as Eddie sounds like hes getting ready to unleash something mighty...big squeal then...AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I want to hear this album!!!!! LOL
                                You will not be disappointed.

Actually sounds a bit like EEAS with Wolf doing the Billy Sheehan Shyboy style thing following the guitar.

Intense!

Comment

Working...