Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

The energy, the vibe, the attitude-it's all the reasons I became a VH fan in the beginning.

And 3 out of 4 of them are in their 50's.

Living fucking legends.

Comment

• VanHalenI
      Roadie
      • Dec 2010

Ok. So the album has the best lyrics thanks to Dave's genius mind (I'm not been sarcastic it's the fucking truth Diamonds a fucking genius), harder guitar, harder bass, killing drums, Edward Van Halen best shape he's ever been in the last 10 years. What more do you want? Best Van Halen album?
      I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
      It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• BenJammin
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

I've listened to ADKOT at least 20 times all the way through since downloading from Amazon last week and I can't get enough! All other music is dead to me at the moment.

I've examined why and true it's partly from being starved for original CVH material for close to 30 years, but it's mostly because this is truly a killer ! Btw I dug 'Me Wise Magic' and 'Can't get this stuff no more' but not at all like I'm getting into this.

I can't pick a single favorite but it seems to go between "Your and your blues " , "Outta Space", "Blood and Fire", "Stay Frosty", "China Town", and "She's the Woman".

I see a lot of support out there, but want to kill some of the hack critics and regular bozos who were probably into Van Hagar and are too ignorant to contrast that abortion with what the real VH was all about. But what I would like to see is more peer rock stars chime in publicly about how good this is. They've got plenty of friends in the business, they need to get their back.

I also realize that for an old guy like me to say this is cool is probably a poison pill for the younger generations, so maybe we should take some of the 'bad' critiques with a grain of salt. As per the old saying "Any publicity is good publicity".
        "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• BenJammin
          Foot Soldier
          • Feb 2004

... uh, yeah I know I f'd up but can't edit now, it's "You and your blues"

Comment

• TVGUY
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

The mighty Van Halen is back. All is right with the world. The new album makes we want to take my pants off and run around the town naked... It's that good.
            Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• rockhead
              Roadie
              • Jan 2006

As much as i love the album to say its he best VH album, i think is abit much at the moment.We are all digging this album becauser there has been fuck all in the music biz that has arrived with as much ferociousness as this album.I think the other albums would be favourites because of where you where and what was going on in your life when the other CVH albums came to your attention.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

What the fuck is with the Toronto Sun and their constant bashing of this band? These idiots are delusional - the album debuts at #2 and they call its sales "paltry".
                Only thing "paltry" is the intelligence level of this lame excuse for a writer:

Veteran rockers Van Halen would have liked the truth of their chart results to be very different this week.
                http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

Ed's playing his ass of best since Fair Warning...Dave's lyrics are the best ever..lets get serious his singing is not....age has alot to do with that we all know.. the CD kicks so much ass i just wish Daves vocal range was still the same as it was back in the day..

Comment

• BenJammin
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                    What the fuck is with the Toronto Sun and their constant bashing of this band? These idiots are delusional - the album debuts at #2 and they call its sales "paltry".
                    Only thing "paltry" is the intelligence level of this lame excuse for a writer:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/15...nt-rock-charts
                    But I see that writer, John 'Douchebag Sammy Taint Licker' Williams is getting flamed pretty good in the comments.

Wow, these haters really ooze with bitterness. DLR must've fucked their girlfriends right in front of them back in the day.

Comment

• BenJammin
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                      Ed's playing his ass of best since Fair Warning...Dave's lyrics are the best ever..lets get serious his singing is not....age has alot to do with that we all know.. the CD kicks so much ass i just wish Daves vocal range was still the same as it was back in the day..
                      Well what about his timing, his phrasing, and his more than effective usage of his present range? The power he shows in Y&YB and B&F ?

I think Dave is actually singing better than ever since he doesn't rely so much on the locomotive whistle screams and yelps just for the wow factor.

Fucking way more enjoyable than listening to Spam hit that same annoying high register over and over again that he's so proud of while raveling off hackneyed and cliche'd lyrics.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                        Groupie
                        • May 2009

I like it more each time I listen to it. It hasn't left my car's CD player since last Tuesday and I burn through it about once per day on my IPOD at work. I'm willing to say that I like it more than 1984, DD WACF and VH2. It'll take a few years of perspective in order to decide how it stacks up against V1 and Fair Warning.
                        "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Floridaman1985
                          I like it more each time I listen to it. It hasn't left my car's CD player since last Tuesday and I burn through it about once per day on my IPOD at work. I'm willing to say that I like it more than 1984, DD WACF and VH2. It'll take a few years of perspective in order to decide how it stacks up against V1 and Fair Warning.
                          It's better than Diver Down. The only cover on there that was really worth doing was Big Bad Bill. & maybe Pretty Woman. I still love Teacher & Girl Gone Bad (some of Ed's best ever playing) but the new stuff is just as strong as the rest of it. This album could have been 1986. I love them all.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chi-town324
                            The only one that gets me is Outta Space.. I just don't care for Dave's higher range.. It's growing on me because it's a killer track, but I wish he did the first couple of verses like he does the bridge/chorus - a little more in the middle..
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                              Can you believe how tightly they packed that Tshirt? The wrinkles may never come out!
                              I was stunned that they were able to get a shirt in there! The same guys who package our shitty mexican weed around here must have done the shirts too.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You can't actually wear and wash that shirt...its so thin. I may frame mine with some pics,etc
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...