Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

when questioning someone's vocals, I wouldn't make any references to Star Wars since the whole movie is about making noices in the SPACE that is actually cold silent
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

I like seeing Eddie play that shit bare bones, it shows how bad ass he really is. And the whole band for that matter.
      Last edited by SNIPER; 02-18-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
        when questioning someone's vocals, I wouldn't make any references to Star Wars since the whole movie is about making noices in the SPACE that is actually cold silent
        What happens to Farts in Space ? Can you drop a "Silent but deadly" everytime ???
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Golden AWe
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          What happens to Farts in Space ?
          Let's find out and shoot Spambo to space
          Originally posted by Cato
          Golden, why are you FAT?
          Originally posted by lesfunk
          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Rolling Stone has just done the unthinkable...they have given a glowing review of ADKOT, I'm in complete shock. This is freaking awesome if one considers what you usually would expect from them. And what did it say about Roth, "As for Diamond Dave, the gods only made one of him, because they couldn't take the competition."
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
              Foot Soldier
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jetstream
              Rolling Stone has just done the unthinkable...they have given a glowing review of ADKOT, I'm in complete shock. This is freaking awesome if one considers what you usually would expect from them. And what did it say about Roth, "As for Diamond Dave, the gods only made one of him, because they couldn't take the competition."
              Just shared same RS shock in sales prediction thread. They have NEVER given them props in history of Glory Days!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                It's only Dave on You and Your Blues for sure...
                Wrong nub head.

I just came home from a bender...first thing I put on whas you and your blues....that is Dave leading the choir....other voices fo sure.
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-18-2012, 06:06 AM. Reason: Elbow can suck Awe's cunt.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Saw that too. Seems everyone has to recognize how good this album actually is. VH exceeded everyones expectations with this record....by 100 miles. Amazing. Even if you hate Roth VH you can't write a bad review because anyone who reads it will see right through to the bullshit. It's forcing people to have to be honest no matter how bad it hurts them.

side note - I'm stuck on the album tracks 7-12 (skipping Never 3/4 of the time). As soon as track 12 ends I just go back to 7 again & repeat the set. About every 6th listen or so I'll run it from track 1. But anyone else found a run on the album they keep repeating over & over? Man, those songs are just so fucking good.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Those backing vocals don't sound like the album and you know it...
                    Dude, not gonna call you a nub head, but Im finished work for the day,
                    listening to studio "You and Your Blues" the ahh ahh ahh backing parts
                    when dave sings "woman" are not Dave. Are your ears fucked ?

Thats 2 strikes mate..... (Eddie plays bass on album first strike)

Your wife must be smokin !

Cos something is messing with your wiring !!

Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Around 00:49 seconds in Wolf and Ed CLEARLY !

Dude, Mike has run off with Sammy, its time to let go !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

Trending now #1 on Yahoo...Van Halen

Comment

• Momshell
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

And what did it say about Roth, "As for Diamond Dave, the gods only made one of him, because they couldn't take the competition."
                          Great quote!! Glad to see other people getting what we all know!!
                          Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

another good review out of Seattle

Comment

• bru87tr
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              And Im still sayin You and Your Blues and Beautiful girls from Downtown
                              are fucking great !
                              I think the dvd sounds really great. Excellent performances.

The mastering on ADKOT is not great. It lacks dynamics and is too loud.

Compare it to 1984, you can crank 1984, it has a lot of dynamics. VH music does not need help in the mastering stage by maximizing the sound of it, VH is LOUD and craves dynamics so you can crank it without distortion on your system.

I am hoping the vinyl is much better so I can do a needle drop.
                              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• fourthcoming

You and Your blues is the best part of the DVD....sounds great. I honestly have only watched the dvd once or twice......I'm still completely blown away by the album.......and SNIPER.....props to you bro for bringing ADKOT to the masses and blasting that shit before a gig.....that's an opening act right there. Just picked up the vinyl because somehow someway my record store guy always comes through. It sounds phenomenal on vinyl....and that's playing it on a piece of shit record player/double cassette old school stereo....at least I hooked up some Bose speakers to it.....but I have to get a HIFI record player now!!!

Comment

Working...