Official "A Different Kind of Truth" Album Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

This CD is a MONSTER........so heavy and intense it's rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      you know what? I'm happy with it...I don't care if somebody cares...if it outsells chickenfootnote, gets an award, if critics say it sucks...I don't give a shit...

I have it! I can listen to it! and I fucking love it!!!
      this cd will debut at #1, and will out sell chickenfoot in its first day
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Today's theme song in the US...

Don't "suffer from a color..."

Give it a listen!!!
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Frosty?

Two solos, trying to work out if Ed is playing a bit of slide on the second one...

Guitar playing is fire in the belly VH1 stuff.

They should definitely replace ICM with this live...
          No, sorry.. I meant "You And Your Blues" ...But thanks for the info on Frosty I was wondering about that one too..

Comment

• fourthcoming

Thank you's in the liner notes: Dave: Thanks For The Dream

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

I won't bother you with a review...I can't think!!! Im fucking dancing!!! I'm totally out of words...Dave all over...Ed is back you haven't heard him like this for a quarter century!!! China Town...Bullethead...it's all there...bitches...you want a seven pack? this album is KILLER!!! diver down? 1984? sorry...it takes fair warning to keep up with that album!!!
              Enjoy you lucky bastage!

My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

but when it comes to the so called "world tour" I will have to post that pic...
                Hopefully not.... the current North American leg of the tour is only booked through the end of June. That leaves lots of time to hit Europe in the summer. And one would hope they manage to hit Australia, since they would have been the first stop on the tour, had that festival not gone tits up the way it did.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• fourthcoming

Something or someone lit a fire under Eddie's ass cuz he sounds like an 18yr old shredding again.....Alex is killing it....Wolf is killing it....Dave's voice hasn't sounded this good since Little Aint Enough. Fuckin' killer album. So far for me....."AS IS" is rediculously insane.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                    Something or someone lit a fire under Eddie's ass cuz he sounds like an 18yr old shredding again.
                    Something = Sobriety

Someone = David Lee Roth
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I'm so glad my boss is a cool dude....I left the office about 12 today and bought him and I deluxe versions and have been blasing this shit all day. Might have to buy new computer speakers...

Comment

• BruinJer
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

Got it!
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

I've just been told by a VH fan bud that Switzerland will sell ADKOT as soon as tomorrow... I preordered a copy from Amazon France which will be in my mail box next Monday, argh!

I think I'll drive the 25 miles to Geneva despite the black ice (it's - 15°C) and offer my "French" copy next week.

DLN, how many listens now, you lucky Teuton?
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Shit if there's anyone on Long Island in here....I can tell you where to go right friggin now to legitimately buy this cd.

Comment

• fourthcoming

OK I don't wanna be an annoying prick here but just watched the dvd.....if anyone watches this and still thinks Wolf can't sing.....their crazy....kid's got pipes.

Comment

• FALCO
                                Groupie
                                • Jun 2004

Ok... still 5 days away from actually possessing a Deluxe Version in my hands, so caved and listened to the full versions posted online (specifically the dude with the ADKOT playlist... minus Tattoo - he has Big River as Song #1) ...

HOLY FUCK... what a difference from the clips posted... MONSTROUSLY thicker production and better sounding mix to my ears... Dave is blended perfectly on what I am hearing (which was my big complaint on the short clips as he was WAY too loud) ...

I honestly am speechless as to what I have just listened to ...

Not sure there is a better Songs #2 - #8 on anything I have heard in the past 25 years...
                                And HoneyBabySweetieDoll may just have entered my top 3...

I retract my earlier statements based on the clips (which many posted would be the case.. . still not sure why they released sub par sounding stuff, but whatever now)

... what I am listening to is MASSIVE...
                                EVH is out of his mind on this CD...

Classic meets Modern - Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!

\m/ \m/
                                "A little more volume in the headphones please!!!" - DLR
                                NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                                'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                                "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

Working...