Oh dear.

Comment

• wiseguy
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
      Like I said...
      Executive ass puncher.

You..I was talking to YOU. You're the asshole. ASSHOLE!!!!
      I take it back, I hate you.

You feel better now that this riddle has been solved sherlock?

Glad I could help...

See what I did there, I was quoting you but talking to ELVIS because I get all whakity whack and zany sometimes.
      Stay frosty now.
      Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Then by all means, you win.
        Zahzoo and I are always arguing about who's older - guess you and I can start it now!

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by wiseguy

Executive ass puncher.

You..I was talking to YOU. You're the asshole. ASSHOLE!!!!
          I take it back, I hate you.

You feel better now that this riddle has been solved sherlock?

Glad I could help...

See what I did there, I was quoting you but talking to ELVIS because I get all whakity whack and zany sometimes.
          I don't think Zing is as quick as his name might suggest...

I think redrockedandhairy is better...

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Maybe you should start having sex with your wife...
            I think I got THAT part right, when #3 broke up with me she said "Unfortunately, we can't spend our whole lives in the bedroom".

Two of the breakups were kind of rough, one not so much. I am on speaking terms with all but one of my exes, so obviously I'm not an ogre or anything.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

You're gonna have some splanin' to do at the pearly gates...

Comment

• george
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

fuck the exes.. uhhh.. well, maybe not. that is what got me into trouble!

lose the dress.. keep the shoes!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

The first time I listened to Blood And Fire it immediately took me back to being 17 and my first trip down to Myrtle Beach with no parents for Grad Week. Back then Grad Week was a rite of passage and one more hot-damn-hell-raising-fuck-the-world-I'm-FREE week!!! I'd planned this trip for half the school year and we took three cars down there with the trunks slap full of beer. And Van Halen was my soundtrack for that trip! All the way down to MB it was non-stop Van Halen. And once we got there it was Van Halen blaring on my jambox on the beach! Damn, that first night we had the biggest party in Myrtle Beach! I wake up the next day, next to a strange girl, and there's bodies all over our "suite" - this place had 3 beds and we must have had 20 people packed in there. And I must have thought the only thing they were missing was VH cranked up loud as hell so I fired up the jambox and turned the VH up as loud as it would go! I remember standing on the third floor balcony of the Fountainbleau, Van Halen blaring beside me, drinking a beer, and looking out and thinking "damn, this is perfect!" And you know what? It was perfect!
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Great Topic PA !

Im probably just going to repeat what everyone has said,
                    but the actual anticipation, the material itself, that old
                    rush of hearing great music for the first time, its all
                    there. Music is one of the most powerful memory triggers
                    and this sucker makes me feel 18 again. Also makes me
                    want to play again. I havent been this excited about a release
                    in over half my life. All those great vibes are there, I feel
                    great for all of you, you are about to go way back,
                    the hands definately fall off the clock !
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Momshell
                      ok...everyone's amazing stories are inspiring me to write in more detail what inspired me to go with my grandparents to the record store at age 13 and buy all 6 albums at once. I was in 7th grade, and there was the cool kid in 8th - you know the one - longish hair, smoking cigarettes since elementary school, but smart enough to be 'in' with the teachers and everyone. He played the drums for all of the school show and concerts, and played the piano in the auditorium before the chorus teacher arrived. He used to be buddy-buddy with my 7th grade social studies teacher, not sure why, and when we were in study hall with him, this kid would come in and draw the VH sign on the chalkboard. I didn't know what that was at the time...asked a couple of people, who told me it was the symbol for a band called Van Halen. Being that I had no older siblings or anyone cool to influence me musically, I was still listening to pop or whatever was on the radio, probably Michael Jackson at that time. I really liked this cool kid - still remember his name was Ben. Around the same time, I remember seeing a picture of Dave in one of the teen magazines - I think it was the one with him in or next to a pool. I thought to myself - who or what is that?! Never seen anything like that before! Again - asked around, and was told that was David Lee Roth, the lead singer of a band called Van Halen. There it was again....that name....Van Halen. Still never heard their music. Then one night, I'm in bed, listening to my little clock radio and I hear Jump. Liked it immediately, but had no idea what I was listening to. The song ended, and the DJ said "that's the new single by Van Halen". It all came together, the picture of Dave, the cool kid, and now the music. I also now realized that what the cool kid was playing on the piano was the opening to Jump. I was hooked!! That weekend I went to the record store and got the six pack with Grandma and Grandpa. I figured if I ever wanted to get Ben to like me, I'd have to be cool, and I now knew how to do that - listen to and learn Van Halen. Will never forget my grandfather in his living room with both hands in the air pumping his fists to "hey hey hey" in ATBL! I never went back to pop radio again. Great memories!!!
                      Cool Grandparents. I remember my grandmother being cool enough to take me to the old Commack Arena when it was a flea market and buying me Led Zep: Song Remains the same and VH WACF cuz I had worn the original cassette I had out.

Comment

• slimdon
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Ummmm.......Its still pretty bad if you think the opening lyric to 'Jump" is...."I live my life like theres no tomorrow..." ????
                        Go ahead put that bottle down...go ahead, you can do it...you're amongst friends here.

Thats the opening lyric to Running with the devil but we're not here to split hairs. STOP DRINKING!!!!

Holy f**k I'm a jack ass. I obviously meant "I get up and nothin' gets me down." Was busy at work while I was typing and had my head firmly up my ass. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Makes me think about being 15 in 1984. I'm decked out in my checkered Vanz. I've got the 84 tour shirt on with the Eagle front and the Hammer Guy back. I've got a walkman cassette player thick enough to commit assault and battery with. Jump is blaring over the loud speaker at the ice skating rink. Trying to talk to girls and using my best Dave lines. Going into Spencer's to check out black light posters, Van Halen posters and any new VH stickers. Head home from the mall early to watch the Friday Night Video Fights on MTV. Got to vote for VH and make sure Duran Duran receives a sound ass kicking. Call the number to vote and hear a recording of Martha Quinn saying "We got your vote. " Shudder to the fantasy of Martha actually being live on the phone. Watch Van Halen win and see the Jump video one more time. Crank 1984 up on the stereo in my room and play in full.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

My most prized possession when I was a kid was my Kiss transistor radio that my grandparents got me. Fucking thing only played AM, but at least there was a station that played rock music. "Dance the Night Away" was on the charts and I heard it a lot through that shitty little speaker. One day I decided I needed to buy the 45, so I rode my bike to the music store. On the cover of that single was a picture of Dave doing his trademark jump in those red and white striped pants. I was only 11 and totally unprepared for the feelings that picture stirred up. Got the single, took it home, and begged my mom to buy me the album. One look at that picture and, although she didn't say so out loud, those same feelings that were stirred up in her pre-pubescent daughter were stirred up in her, too. She took me back to the music store and bought both VH and VH II pronto. That was the day Kiss was replaced as my favorite band. I cranked that shit as loud as my little turntable would go. My piggy bank was beside my record player and smack-dab in the middle of "D.O.A." it burst. Been my fave tune on the album ever since. And yes, my mom is a Dave fan to this day!
                            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                            Originally posted by rustoffa
                            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Common theme here - at first, the boys got Eddie more and the girls got Dave more. VH is a very sexual band without all the baby baby, kiss kiss, love dove, June Spoon Moon Spittoon shit.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

I remember one morning telling my mom I'd dreamed I brought Dave and Eddie home. She told me I should become a professional groupie, lol.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...