Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    Are they going to play a full set? Will we now know the set list for the tour?
    Yes...and I'm damn near sure that the setlist they roll out tonight will be nearly identical to the one they start with in Kentucky...with perhaps a few changes...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hain23x
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

Newman is on that show that comes on after Val's new one. Maybe it's him?
      Eat Us and Smile!
      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• VanHalenI
        Roadie
        • Dec 2010

you lucky motherbastards HAVE A GREAT ONE FELLAS I WISH I WAS THERE... thirsty...
        I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
        It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by SNIPER
          Wonder if the VH mini blimps are floating around.
          As I understand it Wolfgang is an only child.

BOOM! I'm here all week.

Is this mic on?

Comment

• dave_is_vh
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

Will be interesting to see what songs from ADKOT make it as well as oldies that weren't on the last tour.
            "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Seriously...I've been listening to the album non-stop for the past five hours or so...and it's bad ass...

In March...I'll rank the fucking thing in the seven-pack...no way this is their "worst" album of the seven...no fucking way...but need to get away from the newness of it...

and see them live...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I would love to hear 6 or so new tunes and the rest classics...

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Yes...and I'm damn near sure that the setlist they roll out tonight will be nearly identical to the one they start with in Kentucky...with perhaps a few changes...
                  I'll be sure to pay extra close attention and let you all know..
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

4 classics, 10 new songs and 10 deep cuts for me but I'm a bit odd.

And a dreamer.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      It's really cool of him to share this with some long-time members of his lame-ass sam-sucking site. This is the same guy who was all about bashing Wolf and boycotted the tour last time around, right? What a dick.
                      Completely un-fucking-fair. You seem to forget that the guy kept a forum open for years, dedicated to a band that hadn't performed anything other than to exist on rumor or innuendo, and mostly myth since sometime in 1998, for Christ's sake. Look, I'm not about to shove my tongue directly into the fellow's anus for how he runs his site, but I honestly respect his efforts over the years, considerably more when I think of the "fans" he has to deal with.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

ADKOT is their finest work...deep writing both musically and lyrically...imo

Comment

• VanHalenI
                          Roadie
                          • Dec 2010

Seriously...I've been listening to the album non-stop for the past five hours or so...and it's bad ass...

In March...I'll rank the fucking thing in the seven-pack...no way this is their "worst" album of the seven...no fucking way...but need to get away from the newness of it...

and see them live...
                          ADKOT is easily as GOOD as Fair Warning or even VAN HALEN I, fucking great album I almost came the first time I hear BULLETHEAD AND BEATS WORKIN'
                          I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                          It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            I would love to hear 6 or so new tunes and the rest classics...
                            That's what I'm hoping for as well... Give me at least half the album and please, PLEASE, mix up the setlist.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

and see them live...

At the moment I truly believe if you can take a step back from all the sentimentality and memories it's top 3 but I'm sure we'll all have at least a few years of very boring debate on that ahead of us..

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                That's what I'm hoping for as well... Give me at least half the album and please, PLEASE, mix up the setlist.

No doubt..so many songs to choose from..would be so cool to get a song not played at every show..interchange 3 or 4 setlists

Comment

Working...