Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hain23x
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Come on guys, Dave work a fucking HEADSET!! How many years have we tripped off Sammy's headset?? Hell, ANYONE'S headset? A. fucking. HEADSET
    Eat Us and Smile!
    Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

hey van halen: i know you're reading this.

make sure you come to australia, ok?

i've heard october's nice.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        I would go as far as drop RWTD for ANY new tune
        Nah...they won't drop it.

Gotta give Wolfie his "spotlight moment" on that open E string...
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'm reserving comment until some more video comes in.

But I'm stoked about the number of new tunes that were present.

They MUST do "Blood and Fire." When Dave says "Told ya I was comin' back", the audience reaction will probably stop the show....
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hain23x
            Come on guys, Dave work a fucking HEADSET!! How many years have we tripped off Sammy's headset?? Hell, ANYONE'S headset? A. fucking. HEADSET
            I hear ya...but using it gives Dave the opportunity to dance with both arms...

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Jump...last song...

hmmmm....

I like Jump. Great party 80's pop song. They will always have to play it...always. Jump went a long ways in introducing them to new fans & promoting the band so people could discover the older albums. More-so than any other tune they have I would argue.

Yep...I dig it.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hain23x

I never ripped Sammy for that cause he was playing guitar and running crazy around the stage at the time. Once he dropped the guitar he dropped the headset. Going to be odd seeing Dave with it unless tonight was just to try & see how it felt live. Will be interesting to see him unrestrained and how he uses the extra freedom. But what the fuck is he gonna twirl during the keyboard solo in Jump?

I'll reserve judgement until I see how it works out.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by slage33
                  Im not into Dave using a head set.
                  Tell me he ONLY used it for one song when he needed both arms for something else ... no way do I want to see any dude in a rock band wearing a head set.

Fuck, no way. It is just NAFF. Totally un-rock'n'roll.
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

one of the expert boffins will let us know for sure, but it's probably a really good way of scoping out a stage pre tour 2012.

$0.02

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Totally stoked about this - thanks for representing the Army, boys! But I gotta say, my next long-winded thesis may be about why they need to drop YRGM from the set. I just don't get their devotion to a song that's not even theirs. I know it was their break-out tune in '78, but I'd rather hear 'Where Have All The Good Times Gone?' live than YRGM. 'Unchained' would be a much better show opener - or better yet, 'Bullethead.' I also agree with a few others here that have said RWTD needs to be put to pasture. A great tune for sure, but with so many killer new tunes from ADKOT, sacrifices have to be made.

Also - love Ed's '80's threads - not loving Dave's headset...hope he decides against it by the time they hit MN - and haven't seen that much fog since the promo vids for the first album!
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Ed's going with the Jack White look for this tour?

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Zing!
                          Totally stoked about this - thanks for representing the Army, boys! But I gotta say, my next long-winded thesis may be about why they need to drop YRGM from the set. I just don't get their devotion to a song that's not even theirs. I know it was their break-out tune in '78, but I'd rather hear 'Where Have All The Good Times Gone?' live than YRGM. 'Unchained' would be a much better show opener - or better yet, 'Bullethead.' I also agree with a few others here that have said RWTD needs to be put to pasture. A great tune for sure, but with so many killer new tunes from ADKOT, sacrifices have to be made.

Also - love Ed's '80's threads - not loving Dave's headset...hope he decides against it by the time they hit MN - and haven't seen that much fog since the promo vids for the first album!
                          Got to say I agree. I've been thinking the exact same with You Really Got Me. Time to drop it. I was baffled that they released the acoustic version vid or it, when they coulda done something like Take Your Whiskey or Could This Be Magic.

It will always sound killer on the first album, but they have enough alternative material of their own that can be used to whip-up an audience (I always assumed that was why they kept doing YRGM).
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2010

Steve Lukather Twitter
                            Van Halen KILLED IT! I had some tears.. Those that know, know we have some history. It was SO good. Ed'd back !! The whole band was awesome!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by slage33
                              Im not into Dave using a head set.
                              i feel sick

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Nevermind.
                                Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 02-09-2012, 09:20 AM.
                                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Working...