Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hummarstra
    Commando
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    Now, that one-size- too- big skipper hat from last tour....wtff??
    It was just a skipper hat. Stop pissing and moaning already ?

New thread: Dave's headset

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Oh yeah - forgot about the Captain Stuebing hat.

Kind of wanted to keep it that way.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

The cap he's been wearing this time is much cooler - looks great on him.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• redozzman
          Full On Cocktard
          • Feb 2005

My only complaint with Dave is he just to fucking happy these days! I would like to see some angst! He sounds great the band sounds great! I would love to see them open with Light up the Sky!!!!! as some mentioned earlier I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Strong statement from Lukather about Ed! Made me happy!!! Can't wait for April 27!
          Last edited by redozzman; 02-09-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

hey E., heard the "thankyouverymuch" at the end of Tattoo?

Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• MUSICMANN
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

I think some people need to take off the 1980 glasses. These dudes are almost 60 yrs old now. I sure don't see Ed running around from one side of the stage to another sliding on his knees. I don't see him leaping over MA like he use to as well. He does one flying Eddie in a whole show and people go wild, but he still is not the same as he was in his youth. Dave on the other hand, was a wild man on stage as we all know. Jumping off Al's drum riser and all the leaping kicks and other things. Now, he just can't do that type of shit anymore, so he has to reinvent himself, and do what he can do to be part of the live show. Could he do all that with a mic , sure he already has on 2 occasions recently and i have no doubt that the headset maybe just a trial thing. We should all be happy these guys can still bring it live, even if it is a much more toned down version of how they use to do it in their early prime. In a few yrs we could be getting the live shows that resemble the unplugged stuff they just released on dvd, with them all just sitting there playing in a circle. Be happy and stay frosty.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                I think some people need to take off the 1980 glasses. These dudes are almost 60 yrs old now. I sure don't see Ed running around from one side of the stage to another sliding on his knees. I don't see him leaping over MA like he use to as well. He does one flying Eddie in a whole show and people go wild, but he still is not the same as he was in his youth. Dave on the other hand, was a wild man on stage as we all know. Jumping off Al's drum riser and all the leaping kicks and other things. Now, he just can't do that type of shit anymore, so he has to reinvent himself, and do what he can do to be part of the live show. Could he do all that with a mic , sure he already has on 2 occasions recently and i have no doubt that the headset maybe just a trial thing. We should all be happy these guys can still bring it live, even if it is a much more toned down version of how they use to do it in their early prime. In a few yrs we could be getting the live shows that resemble the unplugged stuff they just released on dvd, with them all just sitting there playing in a circle. Be happy and stay frosty.
                well said...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  The cap he's been wearing this time is much cooler - looks great on him.
                  Definitely. I wouldn't mind him keeping the whole 'urban guerrilla' look he had going for the NYC photo shoot. It suits the older/wiser persona he's reinvented himself with.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                    That band is sharp!

This tune translates well to live performance good call whoever pushed Tattoo to be on the album and on tour..

Keep the headset, Dave is really able to get... what I am saying, is out to the people with, with what I will call.. as I don't have a mic when I tear the house down singing in my living room..he almost dances as much as I do.

and....this cris edge cat is being elcted by me as the official roth army videographer..right on whoever you are.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I would like to thank Pojo for his hard work last night. I really enjoyed reading the 10 posts he made. Once I found them all.

I would also like to tell Va Beach Banana Fan to kiss my ass. I am sure once he gets out of bed he will have some more info for us.

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by redozzman
                        My only complaint with Dave is he just to fucking happy these days! I would like to see some angst! He sounds great the band sounds great! I would love to see them open with Light up the Sky!!!!! as some mentioned earlier I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Strong statement from Lukather about Ed! Made me happy!!! Can't wait for April 27!
                        Dave enjoys every moment as much as we do....Life is short might as well live it to its fullest when healthy...
                        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                          good points. just so happy he is up there and sounds so friggin good...cant imagine complaining.
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                            You're seriously grasping for things to complain about...
                            Aww...c'mon....

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              hey E., heard the "thankyouverymuch" at the end of Tattoo?

was that "Little Elvis" talking??
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• moose
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                                I agree. Listened to about 30 seconds and then turned it off.
                                You've hated this song from the get go!!

Comment

Working...