Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vh rides again
    Commando
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Brett
    Last I checked, I gave my Cafe Wha tickets to James in NY, and actually went out of my way to get him tickets. In fact VA asked me how I got James in to begin with so he could get this place in. That's how all this started with the shows for the sites. It's been a nice partnership with the Army with all this...then I have to read some bitter, ridiculous comments.

I live in LA, of course I'm fucking going the only TWO times in my life I'll ever see VH like that in my backyard. Unreal people think I should have given THOSE tickets away too. Fuck that.

Some of you are such miserable assholes. Seriously. I thought maybe things had changed around here after meeting Jay, bantonelli, Tony, and RD. Incredibly nice people. Still the same stupid bitter shit going on between some people over nothing. I don't even know why I'm replying, nothing good will come from it. Eh....whatever.

Poj, not talking to you of course. I wish you could have come. I was hoping.
    No doubt, you are correct.
    Some people are opinionated fuck heads.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      and don't let Va Beach fool you...he's just a horrible...horrible person
      That's just not right....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Whoever has the contact with DDE around here needs to NICELY tell them Daves biggest fans say lose the headset !!! Sorry it's stupid for him to use them.
        Sorry I don't have a problem with it. The earpiece that keeps falling out...that I have a problem with.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Brett
          Well I know VA is a shitty photographer
          You are correct, Sir !!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            I said to VA:

"So what's next" hoping for at least a couple of bevies somewhere to celebrate. You know I have always been able to convince anyone I am with to press onwards and reach for the next plateau if you know what I mean.

VA wanted to be back at his Hotel...I knew he was dead serious and no way I was even going to start trying to convince him otherwise.

In his defence he had an early flight...
            I could tell VA was tired. It was a long day and shit we were standing up for like 6 hours there too.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              We need to send less grandpa's to these shows, get some young blood going.
              Cold-blooded, dude....

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                Fuck......EVH is definitely back.....damn. This is just a warm up gig.....but ditch the headset and rock the fuck out.....to me Dave is the top front man of all time. Enough of the vaudeville schtick and Let's get rockin'.......I'm sure I'll be blasted for saying that. I know I know....I sound like a winy cunt....but to me Dave stole the whole damn tour in 07-08. I wanna see that Dave. I use a head set myself because I'm in a band that is so lame that I'm the drummer and lead singer.....and headset mic's are always wishy washy with volume and tone.
                I couldn't agree more ! Headsets are fucking lame !! I don't mind if Dave use's them but there is no reason he needs them !!!!! Anyone that wants to say oh it's fine can kiss my ass !! Imagine Roth singing with those things on in 78 !! Case closed !! Dave has always done his own thing and thats cool, he had his reasons but this is lame !!! I agree with Elvis & hate to. Dave sounded like shit !! He didn't last show !! Someone needs to tell DDE to tell him what the fuck !! Give me the number, I'll do it.
                Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Swear to God...and maybe I should only share this in a pm, but the Borat Hooker...the godmother to one of the K&TG singers says to me:

" I just Lovveeee Daveed....damn!!!! Tell me who do I have to blow to get with David Lee?" as she looks me up and down
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Awesome review, VA

Minus the spelling, punctuation and several times you didn't conjugate the verb
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VanHalenI
                      Roadie
                      • Dec 2010

Sounds like a great night for u guys, congratulations!, I mean it!!
                      I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                      It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        ..... It's because apparent very quickly that he's singing to Jeff's very attractive wife, and it's disappointing, 'cause I thought my hair looked great last night....

We still love ya VA....even with morning bed head.

GRRROWLLL! Especially with morning bed head!!!

Thank you for the spectacular review & representing us. I think I've told you how I was supposed to see them the night on your ticket stub avatar but was caught & too young according to Mom. (She was right, but that's another topic). Extra thanks for getting into the Dave & Eddie relationship up close. One question....did you notice Alex enjoying himself? He smiles at the end when they all bow, but he just kinda seems frowny faced & just there because of Eddie & Dave nowadays. Just curious if he still loves what he does & enjoys Dave up front.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Pretty cool that they have 4 tunes off the new album in the setlist...with the possibility of perhaps one or two more...

Truth be told, I'm hoping they have at LEAST five tunes off the new album in their setlist.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Swear to God...and maybe I should only share this in a pm, but the Borat Hooker...the godmother to one of the K&TG singers says to me:

" I just Lovveeee Daveed....damn!!!! Tell me who do I have to blow to get with David Lee?" as she looks me up and down
                            OOOOOOOH that Borat Hooker. What did she have, like size 200DDDDD boobs? She was like knocking me over with those things.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Damn....out of thanks for today. Funny ass shit right there man. So? What did you do after VA left your side again?

/evilsnicker
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I have about 20 sweet pictures beatches...sorry none of the Borat Hooker...sorry Pojo.

Hey, maybe that's where VA was off in a rush to? He had a hookup with her!!

Not back home just yet but thougth I would check in.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...