Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Brett had some real nice videos at the Forum show, but the idiot to our left drowned the audio out in a lot of it.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Brett had some real nice videos at the Forum show, but the idiot to our left drowned the audio out in a lot of it.....
      That fucking asshole.

Funny a week earlier in the same situation basically, none of the crowd singing was picked up. It was mostly that shithead next to us that fucked up my audio at the Forum. He finally got tired later in the show and didn't know the new songs at all (gee big fan), so those songs are better.
      Last edited by Brett; 02-17-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
        I am just hoping they add Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Spokane, and maybe Boise. I saw Reno in 08, That was a killer show.

Me too. I am currently in between LA & San Diego. But i am seriously considering moving up to southern Oregon very soon. I don't want to have to drive 8 hours to Oakland.......but I will of course.

If a road trip is needed Sniper, be sure we hook up & caravan. Ford could probably use some Army company as well.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i'm too high up in the stands to bother shooting, so i am counting on everyone else to make good videos.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Just don't use a cell phone or an smartphone to record a video, because it will always sound like shit.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
              WTF is PETA protesting there? Those dogs in the shows are treated better than most people I know.
              That's what I was thinking. Is there a sinister side to dog shows that we don't know about? Jayzuuusss.... Don't kick dogs. Kick PETA.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                I've told DDE about making sure Security knows about the videos, etc.... She said, "I'll tell DLR".....

"I'll tell Dave", she said...

How fuckin' cool is that?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Carmine
                  "I'll tell Dave", she said...

How fuckin' cool is that?
                  It's still quite fucking surreal, honestly Ragu....

But in reference to the videos, just be smart about it....

I know the band's "it's cool to take video" statement is quite vague, but of course that can mean different things to different people.... And yeah, that includes the venue's security.....

Don't try to bring in any fancy equipment, and I think you'll be fine....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

I think I'll try to be Neil Zlozower for a day and buy a Pentax before the show.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I'm not against people recording video or audios during a concert, but most of the time they sound/look poorly. Fan photos turn out a lot better.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Brett
                        That fucking asshole.

Funny a week earlier in the same situation basically, none of the crowd singing was picked up. It was mostly that shithead next to us that fucked up my audio at the Forum. He finally got tired later in the show and didn't know the new songs at all (gee big fan), so those songs are better.
                        Listen to you guys!! Its a Van Halen show! Not a Peter gabriel concert.

I can't wait for someone to tell me to be quiet at the next show because they are "recording".

I live in a fairly popular tourist city and you wouldn't believe the license people (visitors and locals alike) think they have because they are toting a camera with them...ushering you away from whatever you are looking at.

Thankfully my "contributions" to Jeff's and Brett's fantastic videos are limited to when VH is not actually playing, so I know what you mean, but lets not take this too far
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

as much as i want to bring my camcorder is just seems like it will be a pain in the ass to carry around...i want enjoy every note not worry about where i stand or put it down or what the people next to me are doing

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

You know what, fuck it! I'll just enjoy the show and not worry about if my $200+ camera gets smashed.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                              You know what, fuck it! I'll just enjoy the show and not worry about if my $200+ camera gets smashed.
                              when I see all these morons front row holding a cellphone up instead of a pumping fist I always wonder what this world turned into...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                                when I see all these morons front row holding a cellphone up instead of a pumping fist I always wonder what this world turned into...
                                Yeah, don't they know they could just download pics from the concert made by photographers which are far superior to them and their shitty iphone cam?

Comment

Working...