X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by fourthcoming
    I agree with you 1000% that Gene has completely over-saturated planet Earth with his Kiss marketing schemes. That's one of the reasons I said I can understand why Kiss makes some people cringe. I totally get that. And as far as musicianship I would never put them up there with VH. Honestly though, I could give a shit if he's putting Kiss on cereal boxes or making Kiss cologne or Kiss dog collars for that matter....I ain't buying that crap. All I'm saying is I would love to see my favorite band...VH open up the vaults one day....that would be amazing. Gene does all of that nonsense under the guise of "It's for the fans" when it's really just about money. Newsflash here people.......it's all about the money to almost every band, actor, and celebrity in general. Al Pacino was in that recent abortion of a movie by Adam Sandler....I couldn't believe he would stoop that low...but is that going to make me not love Dog Day Afternoon, or the Godfather? Deniro has been in some clunkers over the last 10 years, am I not going to appreciate The Deer hunter or Taxi Driver? Robert plant used Tall Cool One in a friggin Coca Cola commercial in the late 80's....am I supposed to not like Led Zeppelin anymore? Judas Priest has The Hellion in a car commercial now......Van Halen had a song in a car commercial.....last time I checked these bands still kick major ass. That being said, Gene still definitely over does it.
    That reminds me:
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8QKK5IDSXE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8QKK5IDSXE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Gene Simmons is a Capitalist. Gene Simmons has made a fortune off marketing himself and his band. The dumbasses in VH should take a page from Gene's book, and start doing this now. Van Halen has been given a second chance and they should capitalize on it. They totally missed the marketing boat the first time around, they are stupid to miss it a second time around. Come on VH, flood the market with the stuff I'd love to buy!
      I think charging people $600 extra for a tshirt, 2 beers, a handful of guitar picks and a look at an empty arena dressing room stinks of capitalism, or robbery depending on how you look at it...

Comment

• fourthcoming

It's all that damn Adam Smith's fault.....Wealth of Nations is smut!!!

Comment

Working...