• Dec 2003

utmost, not upmost.
    That too...

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Which Van Halen has the most control over you; Edward, Alex or Wolfgang ??

Ok..that was kinda funny yet fucked-up..

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211
        1985...any regrets? I would then throw in...be honest, because his answer would be " I have no regrets baby." Deep down he does.....I'm sure.

1985 was inevitable. The fighting had gone on long way too long by that point ---- there was not a therapist in the world who could salvage that sinking ship. It was DESTINY for Dave to leave.

I think the more important question would be ---- "If you could do MTV Awards 1996 all over again --- what would you do different?"

I think 1996 is as close as we came to a Roth-VH reunion that would've sold out soccer stadiums around the world ---- it's just the old hatreds flared up faster and more intensely than anyone imagined. I think if Eddie and Dave had a little pow-wow session before walking out to a standing ovation ---- things might have been laid out on the table in concrete terms and the Cherone hiring might have been nixed in favor of a new Roth-VH album and tour that could've smoked people's minds. Just imagine a whole new CD with songs on the calibre of "Me Wise Magic". Mike would've still been in the mix ---- like I said ---- sellouts at 80,000 seat soccer stadiums were guranteed.

The other question I'd ask if Dave has any regrets about not attending the VH induction into the RNR HOF. I know many people think the HOF is a joke ---- but I really believe Dave regrets not being there that night and saying what he needed to say. Dave has always been classy regardless of his current status with the brothers ---- and I think he woulda had a lot of eyes misting up with his heartfelt speech that night. Still burns me that he didnt show.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Are you still totally leaving bread and potatoes alone?

Where's Animal?

What is the creative proccess this time around?

Is your contribution strictly lyrics and vocal melody?

Are you blown away by the music that the Van Halens present to you?

Guitar wise, how much of "Stay Frosty" is you?

Where'd you get that jacket?

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

I would ask if anything has been discussed within the band about plans for the next few years.

I already know the history..how bout the future..
            Last edited by Fairwrning; 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
              utmost, not upmost.
              Sheesh. What's next? Your gonna tell him it's bare in mind not bear in mind? (just kidding)

Go get'em Zing!!

Ask him if he and the boys can fire up a new version of Believe Me for ol' Bridge, will ya?
              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 05-01-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

You're wasting your breath Zing, although I admire the attempt.....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

Favorite ADKOT song:

Overall?
                  Most fun for you?
                  Most enjoyable performance for you by the rest of the band?

How awesome is Hacker-Pschorr Maibock this year?

What dirt does Ky-Mani Marley have on Van Halen?

Comment

• don don
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2007

Good luck Zing...you never know. As I've stated before, you can't win the lottery if you don't buy the ticket. Godspeed my friend!!!

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Thanks for the replies and encouragement - lots of good material so far. A few points:

My utmost apologies for any typos. See what happens when you rely on Microsoft Word to catch your errors? I should have known better...

While there were some great questions about 1985, 1996, and Dave's solo years - my focus (which is to say OUR focus) is 2011-12 and beyond, unless Dave should volunteer that information.

Absolutely no mention of Sammy Hagar will be made. No way. No how.

My past work: I do agree that examples of previous interviews should be available to DDE reps - which I will be happy to provide if asked. I do not agree that my resume should be posted for all the world to see. While I freely admit that I got burned out of the journalism game years ago, I still have a passion for the written word. My work was exclusively newspaper, so there isn't much I can do as far as links go for past issues. The best I can do is scan copies from my own archives, which I am more than willing to do.

Wasting my breath: Yes, unquestionably. But for me, the only wasted breath is the one not taken in pursuit of a dream. This thread is grounded in reality - and with that said, I fully expect the 5/19 St. Paul show to come and go with the only Dave quotes coming from onstage. I'm fine with that. In the meantime, we've got some interesting food for thought - some really insightful questions from the fans who know him best - and plenty to work with should a miracle occur.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback - I plan on compiling all of our questions into one master list (after this weekend, in which Zing! turns 40 and drinks from Friday afternoon until Sunday night...) Keep the questions coming, and, as always,

Stay Frosty!

My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• NIN1211
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                        Thanks for the replies and encouragement - lots of good material so far. A few points:

My utmost apologies for any typos. See what happens when you rely on Microsoft Word to catch your errors? I should have known better...

While there were some great questions about 1985, 1996, and Dave's solo years - my focus (which is to say OUR focus) is 2011-12 and beyond, unless Dave should volunteer that information.

Absolutely no mention of Sammy Hagar will be made. No way. No how.

My past work: I do agree that examples of previous interviews should be available to DDE reps - which I will be happy to provide if asked. I do not agree that my resume should be posted for all the world to see. While I freely admit that I got burned out of the journalism game years ago, I still have a passion for the written word. My work was exclusively newspaper, so there isn't much I can do as far as links go for past issues. The best I can do is scan copies from my own archives, which I am more than willing to do.

Wasting my breath: Yes, unquestionably. But for me, the only wasted breath is the one not taken in pursuit of a dream. This thread is grounded in reality - and with that said, I fully expect the 5/19 St. Paul show to come and go with the only Dave quotes coming from onstage. I'm fine with that. In the meantime, we've got some interesting food for thought - some really insightful questions from the fans who know him best - and plenty to work with should a miracle occur.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback - I plan on compiling all of our questions into one master list (after this weekend, in which Zing! turns 40 and drinks from Friday afternoon until Sunday night...) Keep the questions coming, and, as always,

Stay Frosty!

With all the surprises these guys are throwin' at us....ya never know. Good luck Amigo! One more point,Zing.Tell Dave...............Thanks!

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Go for it, Zing!

Fuck, I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You don't get the interview...no harm, no foul.

But if you do...I mean, how fucking cool would THAT be?!

Good luck!!
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211
                            One more point,Zing. Tell Dave...............Thanks!

Yeah. That is #1 on the list. If he has had to lick EVH's butthole behind the scenes for 5 years for this to happen or if he stood his ground & EVH gave in who knows. We may never know...unless Dave releases another book someday. But whatever it took....THANK YOU DAVE!!!!
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2008

Good luck Zing! Let us know what happens...we are rooting for ya!

p.s. I would LOVE to know if Our Man Roth reads the Roth Army every once in a while.....
                                I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

Working...