Van Halen Nissan Commercial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

That new Challenger is pretty bad ass looking, I have to say. What I know about cars you can put on the head of a pin.....not a car guy here. I like sports and music.....and no, auto racing is not a sport. I drive a Nissan Cube......and I'm sure i'll be responding to many jabs and insults shortly......like I said....not a car guy. Yes, it looks like a toaster on wheels but it fits my drum set and gets 30 mpg almost 40 mpg hwy.....with gas @ $4.00 a gal and climbing, that's good enough for me.

Comment

• NIN1211
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
      That new Challenger is pretty bad ass looking, I have to say. What I know about cars you can put on the head of a pin.....not a car guy here. I like sports and music.....and no, auto racing is not a sport. I drive a Nissan Cube......and I'm sure i'll be responding to many jabs and insults shortly......like I said....not a car guy. Yes, it looks like a toaster on wheels but it fits my drum set and gets 30 mpg almost 40 mpg hwy.....with gas @ $4.00 a gal and climbing, that's good enough for me.
      Nissans run forever..

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by NIN1211
        Nissans run forever..
        That they do sir, that they do....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          No, it's about Van Hagar selling out classic Van Halen for a fucking piece of shit Nissan commercial...
          Nissan sure as shit didn't want "Why Can't this be Love."

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

Auto racing is not a sport.
            Imagine driving a car at 150-200mph for two hours straight. Most drivers have to take a minimum of 2 days just to come down from the adrenaline. F1 drivers have the strongest neck muscles in all of sports. Holding your head straight while cornering with 3.4G forces on your head including the helmet takes its toll. Drivers can lose six pounds of water in a single race. Have you ever seen a fat race car driver? Didn't think so.

Football players aren't playing for half of the game, have time outs, and even take a break during halftime. Race car drivers don't have that luxury.
            Last edited by ThatArtGuy; 05-12-2012, 12:14 AM.
            I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

In 1990 I was working for a Nissan dealership...We got in a 1990 300 ZX, black (and the black had gold flakes in the paint), twin turbo. I had the unenviable job of driving the cars after they were PDI'd (pre-delivery inspection). Which for the most part meant I ran up and down the street in economy boxes and Maximas. And then we got this car and those dumb fucks turned me loose in it. 140 mph down Wilkinson Boulevard, and 140 + on the way back. The damn car was hissing and popping like goddamned Jiffy-Pop when I brought her back...I think I knocked 10 years off the life of the mechanic that was riding with me!! It can't compare to the 83 two-tone 280 ZX...but it was a hell of a car!
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
                Imagine driving a car at 150-200mph for two hours straight. Most drivers have to take a minimum of 2 days just to come down from the adrenaline. F1 drivers have the strongest neck muscles in all of sports. Holding your head straight while cornering with 3.4G forces on your head including the helmet takes its toll. Drivers can lose six pounds of water in a single race. Have you ever seen a fat race car driver? Didn't think so.

Football players aren't playing for half of the game, have time outs, and even take a break during halftime. Race car drivers don't have that luxury.
                you know what, it's hard to argue with you when you present some pretty valid, articulate points. Ok, I'll concede....I guess auto racing is a sport...it does involve physical exertion....can I at least say IMO auto racing blows? I know tons of people love it.....but to me it's as thrilling as soccer.....and soccer is as thrilling as watching my eye lids.....just my opinion.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

It's fine to say that you hate auto racing. I have no problem with that.
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

Working...