Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonnieg5
    Roadie
    • Jul 2005

To this day, RWTD doesn't sound right to me without the pops and crackles from the vinyl as the car horn fades in.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
      choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
      WTF? Talkin dirty to Elvis last nite..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

That was lame...

You can do better than that, ZZ...

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          That was lame...

You can do better than that, ZZ...
          No he can't

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
            An Edie Brickell & New Bohemians reference? Christ, I hated that band. The only term that came to mind at the time was "unwashed, nerd hippies." Figures she'd end up married to Paul Simon.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't blame me... he's the one expressing his man-love to ya for some perverted wet action in the shallow end of the pool.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Figures she'd end up married to Paul Simon.
                Learn something everyday...

Comment

• loucap81
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

I've read that Blu-ray audio is the absolute best out there. I don't own a Blu-ray player and very few artists are distributing their albums in Blu-ray format right now though I suspect that will be the future for trying to sell a physical product for music.

Comment

• Headly1984
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2011

too heavy vinyl ? omg / lol

I remember when the outcry was too thin ~1980'sh when columbia house record club started shipping the thin vinyl that was flimsy enough that one could hold it both palms and if shaken it would wobble and flop unlike the record store vinyl that was firm

then after, all vinyl went flimsy until it went away - now I get a good laugh when I see 180 gr. collector vinyl - oh, so it is std 70's quality & THAT it is collector quality ha!

I have 2 turntables an Sl-1300 Direct & realistic something belt - both play the thick and flimsy just fine .... if the album seems tracking slow - can't ya just watch the strobe and correct it ?? seems ya should b able 2

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Don't blame me... he's the one expressing his man-love to ya for some perverted wet action in the shallow end of the pool.
                      If you don't understand the extent of a ball-bust post, you Shirley aren't going to get the explanation of my original point. Don't project your fantasies on something you can't understand.

IF COMMERCIALLY MADE CDS SOUNDED SO GLORIOUS, NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT VINYL....

no offense to those who can't tell the difference or are too lazy I mean busy to A/B it.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        An Edie Brickell & New Bohemians reference? Christ, I hated that band. The only term that came to mind at the time was "unwashed, nerd hippies." Figures she'd end up married to Paul Simon.
                        I always got the impression from that song that if Edie held her breath, she'd float away. (the what I am is what choo are or what line)
                        Garcia should have sued her guitar player for stealing the envelope filter effect.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
                          too heavy vinyl ? omg / lol

I remember when the outcry was too thin ~1980'sh when columbia house record club started shipping the thin vinyl that was flimsy enough that one could hold it both palms and if shaken it would wobble and flop unlike the record store vinyl that was firm

then after, all vinyl went flimsy until it went away - now I get a good laugh when I see 180 gr. collector vinyl - oh, so it is std 70's quality & THAT it is collector quality ha!

I have 2 turntables an Sl-1300 Direct & realistic something belt - both play the thick and flimsy just fine .... if the album seems tracking slow - can't ya just watch the strobe and correct it ?? seems ya should b able 2
                          The 180 gram is heavier than the standard "thicker" discs from the 60s and 70s. I own some them too and they play fine. I also, as stated above, own 180 gram editions by other artists that play fine. Go buy the 180 gram vinyl edition of "ADKOT" and you'll see the music ain't the only fucking thing heavy about it.
                          I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If you don't understand the extent of a ball-bust post, you Shirley aren't going to get the explanation of my original point. Don't project your fantasies on something you can't understand.

IF COMMERCIALLY MADE CDS SOUNDED SO GLORIOUS, NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT VINYL....

no offense to those who can't tell the difference or are too lazy I mean busy to A/B it.
                            I got your subtle reference to not wanting to spell it all out in detail to that thick skulled knothead Elvis...

To the mentally adept or deranged... pick your madness... your choice of poetic "ball-busting" left the door open to gutter-bound innuendo that tends to run deep here. No one is safe...

Don't be callin me Shirley or Betty... Nimrod...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

So tell me.........when they invented 78's what did people think of the quality in those times?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I always got the impression from that song that if Edie held her breath, she'd float away. (the what I am is what choo are or what line)
                                Garcia should have sued her guitar player for stealing the envelope filter effect.
                                As much as I love Dave's Stay While The Night Is Young, I think of that Edie Brickell tune every damn time I hear it.

Comment

Working...