X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
    Can you wait a day or two to do this. I get the mega thread mentality, but back tracking to the original (new) post is a bitch, or you could put a indicator at the top of the thread pages, like a sub folder new change at post #324, to identify where the thread changes are..or make the merged title post new mega chapter, within the mega thread in large type

...like DAVE SPEAKS ABOUT BOOBS,,ect so fast scrolling we/I can find the start of the new thread mind...

or fuck off clara you....( insert favorite verb)
    I would never say fuck off Clara, but now that you did.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
      Isn't every true Roth-era VH fan a "vagg pounder" ???

Um, no!

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        Damn..I guess the band REALLY does pay attention to the internet..great to see that video..good way to start the day..
        well, traditionally it wasn't really possible for them to do LESS public relations...

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
          well, traditionally it wasn't really possible for them to do LESS public relations...
          Good point

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
            Um, no!
            So when do I get fluffed then?

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Dave looks like someone who works at a dairy farm. The next thing Dave is going to do is move back to Indiana and homestead the place so the midwest farmers daughters can eat his corn cob.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Dave looks like someone who works at a dairy farm. The next thing Dave is going to do is move back to Indiana and homestead the place so the midwest farmers daughters can eat his corn cob.
                boom boom!!
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  So when do I get fluffed then?

I'm not sure there's enough alcohol in the world!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                    I'm not sure there's enough alcohol in the world!

Not after a Van Halen tour. Every well drained dry....city by city.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Is there anything to read into the fact that DLR mentions July 4th as the cutoff date twice, and not June 26th (which is the last first leg show in New Orleans)? Are they doing anymore private shows after that?

Also I really hope they announce dates soon. I'd hate to go a whole summer with absolutely nothing to hang our hats on other than spurious Melodicrock rumors.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                        Is there anything to read into the fact that DLR mentions July 4th as the cutoff date twice, and not June 26th (which is the last first leg show in New Orleans)? Are they doing anymore private shows after that?

Also I really hope they announce dates soon. I'd hate to go a whole summer with absolutely nothing to hang our hats on other than spurious Melodicrock rumors.
                        Curious right?

Maybe some big July 4th event they haven't announced yet? Getting kinda close though.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• mdk1967
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2004

…Anybody see what these clowns had to say? “No new relevant music, the album sucked, poor promotion”? Are you freakin’ kidding me?
                          No wonder the Van Halens don't want to do any media with trolls like these that don't give a shit about the band.

Roth Army, ...lock and load!!!

...Sorry if this has been posted already.
                          Last edited by mdk1967; 05-20-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Maybe it is nothing more complex than the band needing to pace themselves.

Ed's got health issues. Alex has health issues. Dave ain't no spring chicken.

These guys are closing in on 60.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that they overbooked, then hit the road and only then realized they might not be physically capable of delivering the quality/caliber of show they wanted to if they kept up their scheduled pace and all their bookings.

Would it be better for them to have said fuck it, kept the bookings and turned in a bunch of lackluster shows?

In retrospect, the LAST time around I sure as shit would have preferred if the band came off the road once Eddie ran into his troubles. Yeah, it would have sucked if they had cancelled, but it would have been better than them soldiering on regardless and limping along with one of their cylinders not firing on all points. 'Cause I gotta tell you, they got no points from me for keeping the gig and my paying good money to witness an incapacitated Eddie Van Halen who wasn't up to snuff.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

When they pick back up I bet there will be another club gig and another dress rehearsal with army invites maybe.

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mdk1967
                                …Anybody see what these clowns had to say? “No new relevant music, the album sucked, poor promotion”? Are you freakin’ kidding me?
                                No wonder the Van Halens don't want to do any media with trolls like these that don't give a shit about the band.

Roth Army, ...lock and load!!!

...Sorry if this has been posted already.
                                fucking unfair to post Eds pics of a few years back..when he was unhealthy...and fuck everything said in this shit.
                                Last edited by So this is love; 05-20-2012, 09:51 PM.
                                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Working...