X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Another way to look at it is that Van Halen with Anthony would be 3/4s Van Hagar, compare MWM with the new stuff.
    That's just silly, and MWM kicks ass...

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
      Where once he was an all-around nice guy who wouldn't say a bad word about anyone - he now comes across as somewhat negative and bitter in his answers.

THERE IS THE PROBLEM!

When was he "once" this great guy? THIS is why I am using his interview words from 1986. 26 years ago the guy was slamming Dave. Same as 26 days ago. The illusion that his smack is recent really needs to be busted.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Another way to look at it is that Van Halen with Anthony would be 3/4s Van Hagar.

that's one way to look at it.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

I'd like to hear an example of MA slamming Dave 26 years ago...

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I'd like to hear an example of MA slamming Dave 26 years ago...
            OMG Elvis. really? We've talked about this in like 3 threads. You're gonna need to hit a bookstore to read this issue there. I read it last week at the Barnes & Noble. Starts on page 40.

Originally posted by sadaist
            Maybe because it comes just days after the release of the interview where he states:

Dave's ego is too big
            Dave's voice sucks and they all had to tune down for him
            MA sang more verses live than Dave because Dave was too busy acting a fool
            Dave is a hypocrite
            Dave was never MA's friend
            Dave had to buy all his friends
            Dave can't write lyrics
            Dave causes the band to play worse
            Dave is a homo
            and on & on & on & on

Page 40 of this special issue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUITAR-WORLD...89521963554407

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Or buy the special edition. I would have but didn't have a spare $12. But it looked great and had some super pictures in it. Thing is though I'd read it once & it would sit on a shelf forever. That $12 does more good in my gas tank nowadays.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                ....buckle up or get thrown, bitches!!

I do agree that this video here just kicked my ass. I afraid to think of what it would have done to me had I been in that stadium.

The vibe & electricity Van Halen had back then....I can't think of 1 single other present day band that is doing it at all even close to what these guys were doing. The quality of music aside, the energy & fun these guys were displaying is unbelievable.

Nickelback sucks. Let's throw rocks at them.

HAHAHAHAHA! Look at the top comment!

"lol and that was indoors XD they smuggled stones into that place just so they could wait and hit em XD"
                Last edited by sadaist; 05-25-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  That's just silly, and MWM kicks ass...
                  I was pretty disappointed with it. To put it in numbers, if Van Hagar is a six, MWM is a nine................... and the six pack is a perfect 1000.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                    OMG Elvis. really? We've talked about this in like 3 threads. You're gonna need to hit a bookstore to read this issue there. I read it last week at the Barnes & Noble. Starts on page 40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUITAR-WORLD...89521963554407
                    I read the first 3 pages of the MA interview from '86 in the $12 mag and I couldn't believe I had never seen that before. He calls Dave a homo who had to buy his friends and couldn't sing. Yeah, he'll be back soon.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      I read the first 3 pages of the MA interview from '86 in the $12 mag and I couldn't believe I had never seen that before. He calls Dave a homo who had to buy his friends and couldn't sing. Yeah, he'll be back soon.

I just want the guys here to go & read that interview. Hope someone can post it up or transcribe it up for us. He was truly harsh and the whole thing revolved around Dave. What he said was worse than what the brothers have said about him over the years.

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I've never heard of this interview. I need to head down to a book store and loiter a bit!
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• RedEye
                          Groupie
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                          VAN HALEN IS:
                          DAVID LEE ROTH: Vocals
                          EDDIE VAN HALEN: Guitar
                          MICHAEL ANTHONY: Bass
                          ALEX VAN HALEN: Drums
                          Not the last time I checked!

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

If some one has this can they scan it ? I ain't read this article but it sounds Pretty damning
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              I've never heard of this interview. I need to head down to a book store and loiter a bit!

Yes, do.

Sparkie mentioned it and I was thinking no way it's all that bad. It was worse. I just think everyone needs to read it and make up their own mind. But as we are all Dave fans it isn't gonna feel very good.

Comment

• katina
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                If some one has this can they scan it ? I ain't read this article but it sounds Pretty damning
                                I also have interest in reading this article, I would appreciate a scan of it, thank you.

Comment

Working...