X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
    You know how deep my love is for Wolfsbane, but come the fuck on, Dude.
    Completely off the subject, but speaking of Wolfsbane, what in hell ever happened to Wolfmother? That first album as a three piece kicked ass, after which they pretty much fell off of the surface of the planet entirely. Seriously, they sounded like the members of Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin got together in 1967 or so as teenagers, downed a bunch of ludes and a couple of cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon, then decided to jam on the first thing that came into their addled brains in a very, very loud manner. I'd not heard anything as cool since listening to the second side of Black Flag's My War sometime in the mid-eighties.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

I loved Lou's post, by the way!
      But I hear you, Wolfsbane.
      The ultimate VH days are behind them no doubt.
      Gotta love 'em while you can.
      Poor Dave, he set the bar so high (over the moon, not bad for a mighty mouse)
      Let the old codger boogie around in his twilight years.
      Dave, dude, you've made a difference to my attitude anyways.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Kick ass post Lou!!!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          "it" happened between café wha? and the warm up gig at Henson's
          Nope, and I'm sure B would agree - Dave sounded great at the Henson gig, too.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• loucap81
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I know a lot can be done in the studio these days but if something did go wrong with his voice between tours, they did a hell of a job hiding it on the album which is his best studio performance in how many years? 18?

Also Lou to give your post even more credence I think you should share how many gigs in the last 2 tours you have been to, I'm guessing it's more than anyone else here(you nutter ).
            13 gigs in 2007-08
            7 gigs in 2012

Plus 2 DLR solo gigs in 1999 and 2001

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by loucap81
              13 gigs in 2007-08
              7 gigs in 2012

Cant decide if I should congratulate you for your dedication to the cause or just think lucky bastard ...bit of both it is then
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

13 gigs in 2007-08
                7 gigs in 2012

Holy crap! I gather you don't have any kids.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm just glad that Lou is back...

I refuse to give any further attention to this thread. Really? A thread complaining about Dave smiling and dancing? Really?
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    A VH instrumental album wouldn't be such a terrible thing...

Meh. I don't know. I can see myself playing it like 1-2 times a month. NOT like ADKOT that's been on constant rotation for 3+months. I like maybe 1 instrumental mixed in between all the vocals. They need Dave just as Dave needs them.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Find software that removes vocals from songs. Then listen to Van Halen III like that, and there's your instrumental album. Because basically that's what it was, an Ed solo project.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I did do that with Nero burning software on III... greatly improved the whole record!!
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Cruiser
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

great idea, what software can you get that does that...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Find software that removes vocals from songs. Then listen to Van Halen III like that, and there's your instrumental album. Because basically that's what it was, an Ed solo project.

Aside from Cherone, the music on that album just didn't groove & flow. It seemed really choppy to me. Like if ADD had a sound.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

It's too bad the music to Dirty Water Dog didn't get held in the "Save 4 Dave" cache. That riff is bad ass and has a nice Panama pounding to it in the verse.

Comment

• loucap81
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2012

Totally agree. Objectively speaking, there were some good riffs on it. And I get that as an artist, you want to do different things. You want to play around with tones, you're always craving something new. I'll give it credit for at least trying to do something more than generic rock, which is the comfort zone that most Van Hagar songs settled into. But even if you judge it as an Ed solo album (let alone a Van Halen album), most of the songs were just jumbled messes, like a child incorrectly putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Ed can sure as hell write riffs and licks, but without a songwriter to collaborate with him, he has no idea what to do with them.

Comment

Working...