X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
    Ummmmm....is "harrison" an alias for you?

Or are you just chucking in a source of your own to validate the OP's claim?

Not trying to be an ass...just trying to keep things in order.
    No. Just "validating" the previous claim. It's all cool
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• harrison
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Feb 2004

My information comes from Interscope Records and you can verify it by going fmqb and looking at upcoming Rock releases.

The purpose of releasing a single is to build up your catalogue so you have something familiar to perform in concert. The reason for releasing Stay Frosty as a single is because it performed so well at places like iTunes and Amazon. In fact, I believe it was the top testing song from ADKOT on a poll at VHND. I'm under the impression they intend to follow up Stay Frosty with As Is.

Why not just be happy VH is doing something. ADKOT is the best Rock album I've heard from guys in the 50's (excluding Wolf).

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

I hope they release Stay Frosty as a vinyl 45 like they did with She's The Woman...

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

If they release stay frosty any chance they may start playing it live ???? Fingers crossed
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            A lot of my friends, who can be described as "casual" VH fans at best, have come up to me trying to piss me off by referring to "Stay Frosty" as "Ice Cream Man - The Sequel."
            Same happened here. But they weren't being dicky, just they thought it was ICM part 2. The few that have listened to it a lot since their initial judgment are digging it and possibly even a littl emore than Ice Cream Man. It is extremely similar but very different at the same time. In my top 3 from the album. LOVE IT!
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

BTW, the B side is listed as Brown M&Ms...

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

BTW, the B side is listed as Brown M&Ms...

Interview perhaps? Dave explaining the story like he did in the B&W video recently?
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

I might have to pick one up on ebay...

There are several to chose from...

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Let me know what that side B is if you do. Curious now. It's gotta be the interview though, right?

*I think the yellow M&M's taste best. Then maybe the green ones 2nd best. (err...peanut only. Hate the plain M&M's)

Comment

• jasonA
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2004

Yes, "Brown M&Ms" on the B-side of She's The Woman is the audio from Dave's video.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I think its a great choice..IF it gets regular air time it will boost cd sales...lots of people out there have no idea this song exists..

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

mmmk. Thats a good one. I wonder what the radio edit will sound like. We shall see. Just heard STW on the radio the other day and they also ran the DLR PR postponed audio too.

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by harrison
                            My information comes from Interscope Records and you can verify it by going fmqb and looking at upcoming Rock releases.

The purpose of releasing a single is to build up your catalogue so you have something familiar to perform in concert. The reason for releasing Stay Frosty as a single is because it performed so well at places like iTunes and Amazon. In fact, I believe it was the top testing song from ADKOT on a poll at VHND. I'm under the impression they intend to follow up Stay Frosty with As Is.

Why not just be happy VH is doing something. ADKOT is the best Rock album I've heard from guys in the 50's (excluding Wolf).
                            All that seems to suggest is that: i) the VH audience will already be mostly familiar with it (it 'has performed well on iTunes and Amazon', you say), and; ii) saying it is being 'released' as a single in the absence of an artefact of that description, which a consumer might buy, is redundant. Why? Because you can already buy the digital track without buying the album on the likes of iTunes.

The single 'release' is a chimera. It is an instruction / request to radio to 'please play this'.

Why don't Interscope try and promote the vinyl version of the album? It might entice some of those many fans who have not yet bought the album but are going to the shows to buy it, maybe even - as I've heard some folks say - to dig out or invest in a turntable.
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              If they release stay frosty any chance they may start playing it live ???? Fingers crossed
                              I really don't think so. The 2 guitars are tuned differently on the album, and I just don't think they could do it live unless Eddie used one of those stupid stands to hold the acoustic and he switched back & forth...
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                I really don't think so. The 2 guitars are tuned differently on the album, and I just don't think they could do it live unless Eddie used one of those stupid stands to hold the acoustic and he switched back & forth...

Why not just let Dave handle the acoustic part...

Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...