X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    I will continue to support Ed's stripes as long as I live - they represent Classic Van Halen and I want as much of it as I can get. Licensed or not. But I won't support a Van Halen without Dave. Period. End of fucking story. Everyone should bow down to Sir Wolfie and toss their hundred dollar bills his way for his magnificent, magical and completely clairvoyant abilities to understand what none of the rest of us could understand without his Supremely Guiding Hand. Let's all bow down to Wolfie and shower him with Jack Daniels because we should all know that Van Halen began and ended with Him. And every single one of us should be soooo thankful that ONLY Wolfie had the forethought, and yea, the hindsight, to understand that Dave was the only singer to bring Van Halen back out into the spotlight...never mind that Van Halen (yes, that's what Ed called it), never mind that Van Halen had languished in the shit-hole-toilet-bowl of history for 20 + years. Yes, we should all bow down to Wolfie. For without the Wolf, we would be without Dave. Because, as a whole hell of a lot of people here have pointed out, right here, Dave was in ye old shitter before said call came through to his cardboard box. Dave was supposedly broke and crying his ass off and begging for just one more shot at being in the band. What the fuck ever...This is the Roth Fucking Army. And to me that means two things: Roth first, Van Halen second.

Please be careful --- your heavy doses of sarcasm and wit might be missed by some lurkers in here.

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
      I'm grateful Ed at least understands he needs Dave, something he didn't understand from 1985-2006.

Needing and appreciating someone are two very different things.

Eddie "needs" Dave to fill arenas with ticket-buyers. Respect is not part of the equation.

Dave "appreciates" Ed when he says things like "Turn up the guitar, who do you think this band is named after?". Money has nothing to do with that statement --- just a guy showing respect towards a colleague.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm pretty much tapped out for now. As Dave said, they're all guilty of saying some bad shit about one another. They've hugged it all out. All is good in their 'hood so to speak. If someone wants to perpetuate troubles that don't exactly exist within the band because they take everything Ed says about Dave as a veiled or unveiled insult, that's their business. I'm going to continue to enjoy my favorite band, warts and all.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID

It all boils down to one phrase --- RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE. Some people are just born with it (like David Lee)
          WOW! You are one blind motherfucker!

Dave is just as crazy as the Van Halens. Do you really believe Dave is down to earth? That Ed is? Those guys are all egomaniacs. But just remember, that passion and volatility is part of what made them great.

And Dave is the greatest front man ever.

I don't give a fuck what he says about Wolf. And yes, Dave made a backhanded comment about Wolf in one interview. Who cares? He spoke his mind. Ed is speaking his mind. Obviously it isn't affecting what we should be concentrating on. Their music and their performances.

I will be an apologist for this entire band. As long as they keep giving me the performances and music that I love.

If one of them says something dumb enough to sabotage the whole deal, we've still got the music. I really don't believe they will let that happen. They should be able to say what they want, without worrying about hurting someone's fragile feelings. I seriously doubt Diamond Dave is so insecure, that a couple of comments from Ed will hurt his feelings. I'm betting some feelings in this thread are much more hurt than any of the 4 of those guys.

Quit treating them like the spoiled brats they are. Suck it up and enjoy the fire and the fury, while we can. It ain't gonna last forever, but the music and the memories will.

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

There's no way to judge the tone by which Eddie made that comment about birthing a singer for VH. It wasn't part of the video, so we can't tell. I envision Ed chuckling when he said it. I mean--it's the obvious joke, so duh! The reporter should have tagged the quote, like "Eddie chuckled," and that'd be the end of it.

And fuck off Von Halen! You don't know shit about Van Halen!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
              There's no way to judge the tone by which Eddie made that comment about birthing a singer for VH. It wasn't part of the video, so we can't tell. I envision Ed chuckling when he said it. I mean--it's the obvious joke, so duh! The reporter should have tagged the quote, like "Eddie chuckled," and that'd be the end of it.

One SURE sign TJMKID is in the wrong here - I actually agree with Catfish on something - and that DOESN'T HAPPEN...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                WOW! You are one blind motherfucker!

Dave is just as crazy as the Van Halens. Do you really believe Dave is down to earth? That Ed is? Those guys are all egomaniacs. But just remember, that passion and volatility is part of what made them great.

And Dave is the greatest front man ever.

I don't give a fuck what he says about Wolf. And yes, Dave made a backhanded comment about Wolf in one interview. Who cares? He spoke his mind. Ed is speaking his mind. Obviously it isn't affecting what we should be concentrating on. Their music and their performances.

I will be an apologist for this entire band. As long as they keep giving me the performances and music that I love.

If one of them says something dumb enough to sabotage the whole deal, we've still got the music. I really don't believe they will let that happen. They should be able to say what they want, without worrying about hurting someone's fragile feelings. I seriously doubt Diamond Dave is so insecure, that a couple of comments from Ed will hurt his feelings. I'm betting some feelings in this thread are much more hurt than any of the 4 of those guys.

Quit treating them like the spoiled brats they are. Suck it up and enjoy the fire and the fury, while we can. It ain't gonna last forever, but the music and the memories will.

I actually support most of what you're saying, dummy ---- please provide proof where I demand VH to immediately shut down the tour because EVH said something offensive? I got $50 reward waiting if you can prove that.

MY MAIN POINT ----> EDDIE IS A DISRESPECTFUL DOUCHE TOWARDS DAVE ---- ALWAYS HAS BEEN ---- ALWAYS WILL BE. He needs to be called out on that until he passes on to that Big Smokerfest in the Sky.

You misunderstand my posts ---- I'm 100% behind Dave and Eddie touring together and making albums. It's giving us a chance to see our heroes onstage kicking some ass. They've earned the ticket prices.

But I will NEVER be an excuser or apologist for EVH or AVH or WVH in their disrespectful words towards Diamond Lee Roth and everything he brought to Van Halen. They are all adults and need to be judged harshly as such.

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

So now we have to have the tonal context in order to properly decipher Eddie's words ?? Where I come from --- you're judged on what you say --- now how you say it.

If EVH says another kid would easily replace Dave as singer --- just like he easily replaced Sobolewski as bassist --- there's no tonal context --- it's just plain RETARDED and OFFENSIVE to the fanbase.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

You misunderstand my posts ---- I'm 100% behind Dave and Eddie touring together and making albums. It's giving us a chance to see our heroes onstage kicking some ass. They've earned the ticket prices.
                    Maybe so, but perhaps you're being misinterpreted because of the whole butt-hurt vibe you're giving off I mentioned earlier...
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

So now we have to have the tonal context in order to properly decipher Eddie's words ?? Where I come from --- you're judged on what you say --- now how you say it.

If EVH says another kid would easily replace Dave as singer --- just like he easily replaced Sobolewski as bassist --- there's no tonal context --- it's just plain RETARDED and OFFENSIVE to the fanbase.

Absolutely. It's always how you say it in this world. Words are just words--it's intentions that matter.

And any reporter worth the salt on his nut sack should know how to phrase a direct quote, so there is no confusion as to intent--as harmless as it may seem, and as harmless as I think this was. Said reporter should have tagged the quote. Any good reporter would have.

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Absolutely. It's always how you say it in this world. Words are just words--it's intentions that matter.

And any reporter worth the salt on his nut sack should know how to phrase a direct quote, so there is no confusion as to intent--as harmless as it may seem, and as harmless as I think this was. Said reporter should have tagged the quote. Any good reporter would have.

In that case ---- I can't wait until Rolling Stone interviews Dave during the summer break and asks him what it's like to work with the 3 Twins and he responds:

"Ahh ya know, I shoulda had 3 sons during my younger years --- they would now be the guitarist, drummer, and bassist in Van Halen." Would that go over well with the VH fanbase? Just a casual funny statement, right?

Or perhaps ---- "Yeah I'm trying to replace Eddie with Steve Vai because Ed has become a toothache --- he's got full-blown Lead Guitarist Disease". Do we all just nuzzle up to Dave's nutsack for making light banter such as that?

Some of you are wedged so far up Eddie's ass crack it's sad.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't blame the reporter. Ed cracked wise. No BFD. Boy, I can't wait until the 20th when the new Guitar World hits the stands. Eddie's gonna be in troubllllllle. Is it too late to edit some more?

Comment

• Catfish
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Some of you are wedged so far up Eddie's ass crack it's sad.
                            LOL! Have we met????

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              I don't blame the reporter. Ed cracked wise. No BFD. Boy, I can't wait until the 20th when the new Guitar World hits the stands. Eddie's gonna be in troubllllllle. Is it too late to edit some more?

GW better submit it to TJMKID for pre-approval...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

"Ahh ya know, I shoulda had 3 sons during my younger years --- they would now be the guitarist, drummer, and bassist in Van Halen." Would that go over well with the VH fanbase? Just a casual funny statement, right?
                                Dave already tried that, with Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette. It didn't work. Not for long anyway.

The volatility in this group, is what leads them to make great music. Go back and read about the Fair Warning days. Everybody was pissed off during the recording of that album, and look what we got out of it. They can hate each other 22 hours a day, but as long as they can get on that stage together for 2 hours and create that magic, I don't give a fuck what any of them say about each other.

Maybe Ed doesn't respect Dave. But I bet he respects him more today, than he ever has. And fuckin' Wolf respects Dave, and the music Dave made with his Dad. That is 100% why we have what we have today. A new album, and a new tour. With more to come...

Comment

Working...