X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    But the news of the moment is about that very tour being cut short after a New Orleans date on June 26.

So what gives? Ed is direct.

"We bit off more than we could chew," he says. "This record took a lot out of us. And we went on tour earlier than we wanted to so we could play Madison Square Garden (in March, before a renovation), and that threw the schedule out of whack.
    I can't help but call "bullshit" on this.

Something won't let me believe that they just threw a bunch of darts at a map and slapped a quick tour together just to play the Garden.
    Not knocking MSG by any means, it's a major accomplishment for any band to play there, but to center an entire tour around it is kind of dumb, and I'd like to believe they're much smarter than that.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      But what if Ed and Wolf don't believe any of that?

Personally, I don't care if they don't get along. As long as they stay together and keep touring and making good music together.
      Exactly. And why I'm willing to overlook an off-the-cuff comment that may have inadvertently come off as sounding slightly douchey....

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zempi
        Would have been nice for even Wolf to throw in 'Dave's a great funny guy" or "we have alot of fun on stage" or something.

Wolfie doesn't impress me at all as a 21 yr. old adult with a functioning brain. He's worked with Dave on 2 tours and 1 album --- and all he can say about him is "Dave is the Energizer Bunny". That's all you got ??

I'd have a helluva lot more admiration for the kid if he'd say something like:

"Dave is always witty and funny and it wears me down a little --- but that guy is a legendary frontman who taught me a lot about how to be a good performer. I will always respect Dave and what he brings to Van Halen".

100% accurate --- 100% truthful --- 100% classy ----- but I doubt we'll ever hear that coming out of Wolfer's mouth.

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zempi
          Would have been nice for even Wolf to throw in 'Dave's a great funny guy" or "we have alot of fun on stage" or something.
          "Dave's the same as he's always been, funny, witty," Ed says. Then he laughs. "Sometimes I can only take that in small doses, because he just goes on and on."

Funny and witty is a nice compliment. And he says he can only take "THAT" in small doses.

I can certainly believe Dave goes on and on and on. My mom does the same thing and she's neither funny or witty. Sometimes I want to slit my wrists.
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by saint
            I thought that was 10 years ago, I didn't know it was back, but maybe that´s known??
            Yup, it did come back last year twice.
            Last edited by Northern Girl; 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM. Reason: Yup
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Really?

We're now to the point that we're deciphering Wolf's statement for levels of articulation?

Whatever....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Poor Wolf, he's such a rookie he had no idea that he's supposed to check with random VH fans for the script on what to say about the other band members.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Zempi
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2012

Yes it is wrong to assume, or perhaps I chose the wrong words..but I doubt they are 'faking' the interaction I've seen in person and nights afterwards via youtubes. The way out would be 'this is what the fans have wanted for a long time' or something along those lines, with a smile if it (being happy) were not true.....I don't think EVH is that much of a brilliant actor to be able to fake the happy interaction this long. This would be to me a bigger pat on the back than 'Dave is Dave'...Again, I am not upset by the article, it just would be nice if it was a step up from "Dave's Dave' generic canned comment. I just really don't remember any really nice comments...ever...

Perhaps he is perfectly content but one of those kinds that is just not complementary to others-except to his family. Or perhaps as has been rehashed, Ed is just limited in interviews.

I also am not really caring if they get along or not-just curious why the guy cannot give a positive....once...

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  But what if Ed and Wolf don't believe any of that?

Personally, I don't care if they don't get along. As long as they stay together and keep touring and making good music together.

Comment

• Zempi
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2012

It's called being diplomatic...yes....whatever....it doesn't really matter. It was not a bad piece just that the singer part...

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Really?

We're now to the point that we're deciphering Wolf's statement for levels of articulation?

Whatever....
                    Last edited by Zempi; 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I want to know more about the Japan dates and what the end of 2012 going into 2013 is all aboot...
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Zempi
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2012

I do believe it may get annoying after a while..absolutely. I am sure Ed did not sit there and plan to say it to come out the 'wrong' way. It just leaves minds to wander. But anyway, at the end of the day..I don't care as long as we get our shows and albums.

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        "Dave's the same as he's always been, funny, witty," Ed says. Then he laughs. "Sometimes I can only take that in small doses, because he just goes on and on."

Funny and witty is a nice compliment. And he says he can only take "THAT" in small doses.

I can certainly believe Dave goes on and on and on. My mom does the same thing and she's neither funny or witty. Sometimes I want to slit my wrists.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

So let me get this straight, when Dave said "we bit way more off than we could chew when it came to scheduling", that was honky dorry according to you Van Halen psychologists....

But when Ed said the exact same quote, and then added the bit about not only the postponed dates but the time cutting the album, NOW you're raising the bullshit flag ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            "Dave is always witty and funny and it wears me down a little --- but that guy is a legendary frontman who taught me a lot about how to be a good performer. I will always respect Dave and what he brings to Van Halen".

100% accurate --- 100% truthful --- 100% classy -----
                            Honestly, that sounds like 100% borderline homo.

Roth definitely deserves his props, no fuckin' doubt about it. But I'm sure there's a more appropriate way for him to do that without sounding like he's slobbering all over the man's sack.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                              So let me get this straight, when Dave said "we bit way more off than we could chew when it came to scheduling", that was honky dorry according to you Van Halen psychologists....

But when Ed said the exact same quote, and then added the bit about not only the postponed dates but the time cutting the album, NOW you're raising the bullshit flag ??
                              Well, if it makes for one less knot in your panties, I thought it was bullshit when Dave said it also.

What the fuck is going on here? Wolfie didn't clear his statements with TJMKID? Everyone else didn't clear their statements with you?
                              Good Lord!! The Mayans must've been right, because this thread is descending into pure anarchy!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                                Well, if it makes for one less knot in your panties, I thought it was bullshit when Dave said it also.
                                Thank you. That's all I'm saying. If Ed is bullshitting, then Dave is. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Working...