X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
    You can take your medicine and stick it up your fucking ass.
    I don't take medicine...

You should look into it...

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Fuck you, you half hypocrite and half bully...

Said the guy who's ALL DOUCHEBAG, right before he started projecting as usual....

Fag...

So predictable. And douchey.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Silexxx
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2010

Few second clips of various songs.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

So what's good about this latest Van Halen show ??

The new yellow lights ??

Even the jam in YRGM was forced and boring as hell...

This band need to step it up...

A fucking lot...

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

The stage show is really scaled down compared to 2007/2008. But musically they are on fucking FIRE. Dave is putting a lot of effort in singing, Wolfie Alex and Eddie are just fucking kicking ass.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
              So what's good about this latest Van Halen show ??

The new yellow lights ??

Even the jam in YRGM was forced and boring as hell...

This band need to step it up...

A fucking lot...
              "The band" is lacking energy. They rely on the frontman to bring that contagious energy. He's not doing it. Dave's performances are seeming very passionless. It's very obvious Dave is just going through the motions at this point. What a shame. Complacency is getting the best of Dave. Or maybe it's boredom.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I have never seen Dave look so lethargic on stage. I almost fell asleep watching the Japan show. Dave needs some booze or blow before the show! I only counted one kick from the entire concert. He's definitively just going through the motions, or he's just out of gas. It could be both! Regardless, this isn't why I am a Van Halen fan. I couldn't give a fuck about the live shows today. I've heard all these songs done a million times better back in the 80's. My only interest with Van Halen at this point is a reunion with Michael Anthony or hearing Drop Dead Legs or a song that hasn't been performed since the original lineup.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Don't really expect the band to be totally fired up for 2+ hours when the crowd stands there like fucking statues the whole time. They are supposed to be the 5th band member and the band feeds off & reflects back the energy they get.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                    The stage show is really scaled down compared to 2007/2008. But musically they are on fucking FIRE. Dave is putting a lot of effort in singing, Wolfie Alex and Eddie are just fucking kicking ass.
                    Not really....it's pretty much the same except there's no ramps. And they never used the ramps when they had them...

In fact the only thing that differentiated '07/'08 from now is that there were graphics on the front of Al's kick drums that said "07" or "08" on the front of them.

I think the lighting in the Japan shows is much more intense than we saw stateside...
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                      Don't really expect the band to be totally fired up for 2+ hours when the crowd stands there like fucking statues the whole time. They are supposed to be the 5th band member and the band feeds off & reflects back the energy they get.
                      True...but you think they'd be jacked just by being out of the U.S., and with Dave's passion for Japanese culture you think he might amp it up a little more....
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        hearing Drop Dead Legs or a song that hasn't been performed since the original lineup.
                        as if I needed an excuse to post this tune for the thousanth time. everybody up ah say.

Thanks for the vid Cato. Hope you had a great time

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Maybe the crowd didn't realize it was Van Halen on stage? They sure as hell didn't sound like Van Halen that night. They need to change up the set list. Hot For Teacher, panama, jump... yawn... if I was there I would be in the beer line the whole show. Give us Secrets, Dirty Movies... push come to shove... something in the lower range that Dave can still sing. We all know the voice is shot... but damn when you take away the performance and the kicks Dave doesn't have very much left to offer. If they can't bring Michael back, they should just retire or be a studio band. I'll buy the albums! There just doesn't seem to be any energy at all. If you look at the DLR Band from 2002 when Dave was doing 5 kicks a song you wouldn't even recognize this is the same front man. Hell, when I watch my old bootlegs from the 80's I seriously question if this is really the same person in 2013.

Here's an example... Is this the same person? This performer was a million times better just ten years ago!

Last edited by WARF; 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                            True...but you think they'd be jacked just by being out of the U.S., and with Dave's passion for Japanese culture you think he might amp it up a little more....
                            Exactly. He's in karate land, and not one fucking kick? What a joke. Dave trains everyday in the mojo dojo, where's the fucking kicks?!?!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Uh, from '83 to '13 is like, 30 years and stuff. The kicks and jumps are quite expectedly on their way out.

I'd go for the studio band option. Live is only temporary. Recordings are forever.
                              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-20-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                                Maybe the crowd didn't realize it was Van Halen on stage?
                                I can understand that...

This no Vah Halah...

Comment

Working...