Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Random thought trying to get thread back on topic. Gallant effort terry. You're like the guy who walks into the huge orgy, flips on the lights & says "who recorded over my Gladiator tape?!?"
    Ha!
    Actually it was honestly the first thing that came to mind...although the massive gang-bang bash/"Roth smackdown thread #1,127" was of some interest (I must be getting old, since I had trouble figuring out what the reason behind it all was - discrepancies of opinion re: the degree of Wolfgang's current influence within the band?), I'm more of a voyeur than a participant at heart...same goes for orgies.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

The GW EVH cover story (along with the Wolf interview) was okay, I suppose. I guess it's the relative lack of interviews from the band so far this year (although when I think of it, the band released interviews online, on the 2 disc ADKOT edition as well as several other interviews in print) that makes it seem a bit more special than it is...I enjoyed reading about Eddie and Wolf's perspectives regarding the making of ADKOT. It seems that Ed is in a positive frame of mind, although that was readily apparent from his performances on tour this spring. That Eddie hopes the current arrangement will continue to release music is only a good thing in my book.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vanshipman
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

Yes I agree, I would have liked some more in depth discussion of the recording process, etc. but as you said, it was good to hear Eddie say that Van Halen was continuing with Dave making records, touring, etc. it was also cool to hear Eddie praising Dave's acoustic guitar skills. I'm sure it's made clear to all journalist to not bring up Sammy Hagar (which is fine by me) but the ultimate interview would be interview Ed and Dave.

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vanshipman
          Yes I agree, I would have liked some more in depth discussion of the recording process...
          I'm not so sure I want all the details here. Keep the mystery. (Something VH have been great at doing the last 30-odd years.) Having said that "if" the album had turned out to be a flop, then I could go for the warts-and-all behind the scenes video stuff, if only just to detract from the muse.

Comment

• vanshipman
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

The guitarist in me loves the details of the little things Eddie does when recording solos and such, but each to his own. It's just good to see him back in GW talking about the band with Dave like the old days.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Am kind of torn, because while I would be interested in the particulars behind the production, I also agree that putting it under a microscope does kind of take away the mystery of it.

I'd rather be a fly on the wall at the rehearsals, when it's just the four of them...or to have been there when the 6-pack stuff was being laid down...to actually be present hearing the music, as opposed to reading about it.

There may well be pre-interview conditions about no questions regarding Hagar or Anthony, but to be honest that stuff was really only of interest to me in the years 1997 to 2012, when little to no music was forthcoming. All of that stuff has been hashed and rehashed over and over a million times. While Sam Hagar and Mike Anthony are still willing to discuss that stuff in interviews, why should the Van Halens? With a new album and tour, the Van Halens and Roth obviously have better things to talk about. I mean, the soap opera theatrics in the press were useful when there was fuck all else going on, but now that the band is active again with a strong new album and a lengthy tour, who really gives a shit about Sam Hagar and Mike Anthony?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Yount
                Commando
                • Jan 2012

I read a book on Charles Manson a few summers ago I thought it might help with picking up chicks.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  I'm not a trained musician but I will try to find some time and review your technical analysis of Wolf's playing on ADKOT.
                  Whatever "genius" abilities Wolfie has, if any ---- he's very subtle about it to the majority of people with untrained ears (95%+ of the VH fanbase).
                  So, in other words, you're no fucking different than any other moron jerkoff that blows smoke out of the side of their neck....
                  'Untrained ears"?? WTF!!!
                  You'd consider yourself fortunate to even learn half of what those "95%" forgot.

That's just what this fuckin' place needs.....some idiotic dumbfuck that tries to sound intelligent.

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

Classic hamBon!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      So, in other words, you're no fucking different than any other moron jerkoff that blows smoke out of the side of their neck....
                      'Untrained ears"?? WTF!!!
                      You'd consider yourself fortunate to even learn half of what those "95%" forgot.

That's just what this fuckin' place needs.....some idiotic dumbfuck that tries to sound intelligent.
                      Actually this fuckin place does need these folks... Just to round things out.

I believe a leader has emerged representing the bottom portion of the bell curve...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Asshale ??

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Asshale ??

I never asshaled!
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I think asshale asshaled...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              We already have..
                              See poster below:
                              Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I think asshale asshaled...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                We already have..
                                See poster below:
                                What has ELBOW gotten published lately? Oh yeah, that's what I thought... nada.
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...