Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM. Reason: well that didn't work
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I smile all the time and my glass is more than half full...
      Hell, I've been known to drink from the carton even when the glass is more than half full...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Touched a nerve with that one, huh?

Originally posted by ELVIS
        And I guess its cool for you to tell someone to die in a fire ??

Especially when it's you!
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          Ugh...I avoided facebook all these years & just now made one to help out Snipers band. Not about to post any real pics of myself there. All those people I haven't talked to in so many years, there's a reason for that. If they were all that great to begin with we would have never lost touch in the first place. Dig? Only self pic I can think of that I have put online is when I dressed as Dave in the EEAS jungle costume. And that was just for here.

Yeah, fuck facebook. Not for me. (and neither was hair gel)
          I feel the same way about high school reunions. If I haven't hung around let alone spoken to these people in over 30 years, why do so now?

The thing that shocks me most about Facebook is the utter, mind-fucking naivety folks apply to it in their profiles. They will include their place of work, home location, intimate details about themselves and family members, then post IMAGES of these same family members, right out in the open for every pervert or identity theft purveyor scanning the internet. You wouldn't show a complete stranger sitting next to you on a bus intimate photos of your children, but it's perfectly fine and dandy to do so in cyberspace? WTF are these people thinking, if at all?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Just watched that ATBL with Cherone singing. Dude actually was 100x's better than the way it was performed at the RRHOF. Not a bad voice, just aint Van Halen. I never understood the circus theme of that tour. Is that what it was? And anyone know what the markings on Alexs big drums mean?
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
              So the kid takes the song from Dave and dabbles in a few ideas and the song comes out sounding a lot like "Ice Cream Man Part 2" ---- for this you call him a musical genius?

You are easily impressed ---- are you a Van Haggis fan ?
              I really agree with you. I am not impressed by Valerie Jr at all.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Verily I say unto you, that it's really not right to wish for someone to die in a fire. Now on the other hand, if they go to a fire after they die, it's usually their own damn fault.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                  I really agree with you. I am not impressed by Valerie Jr at all.
                  Are you an admitted musical illiterate like him too?
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    You drinking WAY too much of the Wolfie Kool-Aid !!

I'm not buying this "Wolfie saved Van Halen" delusion being foisted on us by a gushing father. Eddie looked in the mirror about 6 or 7 years ago and said to himself --- "Shit, I'm getting old and my bank account isn't getting fatter because I pissed away most of my money on booze and ciggs. I gotta think about a retirement fund so I wont be playing county fairs and ribfests when I'm 70 yrs. old. Hey I know --- I'll call up Dave and see what my old buddy is up to."

That's the REAL motivation behind getting Dave back. But of course --- you can't say that to a fanbase that will criticize another cash grab from an aging rock act. So Ed and Alex put themselves into spin mode and voila ---- "Wolfie saved this band". It's as easy to understand as that.

When Wolf starts his own band and creates music that is jaw-dropping good ---- I will shut my piehole and all of you can say "I told ya so". I doubt that day will ever come.
                    LMFAO!!! You're killing me Thats probably spot on

And a "great bassplayer" doesn't really say much, does it?

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      Verily I say unto you, that it's really not right to wish for someone to die in a fire. Now on the other hand, if they go to a fire after they die, it's usually their own damn fault.
                      FINE, then. I'll let you handle him after the fact.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

From what I've listened to, Wolfgang strikes me as an impressive young player. I think he's technically better than Michael Anthony on the bass although it's stupid to compare them really.
                        Let it suffice for me to say that in the past 5 years he's grown into what I consider to be one hell of a rock bassist.
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

LMFAO!!! You're killing me Thats probably spot on

And a "great bassplayer" doesn't really say much, does it?
                          I've really got to hand it to you cross-eyed folks...you really know how to stick together.
                          It's probably the only thing that keeps you guys from walking into walls and stuff, but still, when it comes right down to it, you always have each others backs.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Just watched that ATBL with Cherone singing. Dude actually was 100x's better than the way it was performed at the RRHOF. Not a bad voice, just aint Van Halen. I never understood the circus theme of that tour. Is that what it was? And anyone know what the markings on Alexs big drums mean?
                            There is the same circus motif to Extreme's Waiting For The Punchline CD (which happened to be that band's best effort). Perhaps a Cherone suggestion or same creative director.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              I've really got to hand it to you cross-eyed folks...you really know how to stick together.
                              It's probably the only thing that keeps you guys from walking into walls and stuff, but still, when it comes right down to it, you always have each others backs.
                              Not that it matters, but I am not really cross-eyed, hade some eye problems a while ago, and the one eye was a bit swollen. It's all good now. Thanks for the concern.

Here is another where you can see that nothing is wrong with my eyes.

Now lets see what you look like...
                              Last edited by envy_me; 06-25-2012, 03:36 PM. Reason: added a pic

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Not that it matters, but I am not really cross-eyed, hade some eye problems a while ago, and the one eye was a bit swollen. It's all good now. Thanks for the concern.

Here is another where you can see that nothing is wrong with my eyes.

Now lets see what you look like...
                                You are beautiful.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...