Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    jhale, did you get the 667 from the Mourning Widows tune? That riff smokes!
    Nah he is the neighbour of the beast
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

jhale, did you get the 667 from the Mourning Widows tune? That riff smokes!
      Nah, it's a years-old Iron Maiden joke with my friends...I used to have a sign up at my desk at an former office gig that said "667: The Neighbor of the Beast" similar to the one in my sig.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

That's so friggin' cool...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Not!

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

:dafinger:
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

As the mighty DLR once said, when asked what he thought about Gary Cherone being in Van Halen after the nixed reunion:

"I think Extreme is short for EXTREMELY BORING"

Say it, Dave.
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's one of the only times in his career I've heard him directly have a go at another band, especially one that had supported him.

I'm sure it was him being pissed off about the CHerone in Van Halen thing, there are plenty of bands who were far more boring than Extreme.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                  I read a book on Charles Manson a few summers ago I thought it might help with picking up chicks.
                  He's an interesting person. Am not a pro-Mansonite or anything like that, but he did have a unique way of utilizing verbal jujitsu (in parts jailhouse bullshit fused with snippets of random religions and philosophies) in interviews up until the late 1980s...after that, his brain turned completely to mush...there's just something about the guy that is utterly repellant yet fascinating at the same time...the guy demonstrates no remorse to this day for anything he caused to happen...or even accepts any responsibility for any of it.

Having said all that, he should have been put to death years ago.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's one of the only times in his career I've heard him directly have a go at another band, especially one that had supported him.

I'm sure it was him being pissed off about the CHerone in Van Halen thing, there are plenty of bands who were far more boring than Extreme.
                    Dave was on the same page as almost everyone else in the world circa 1996/1997: everyone, save for one person, wanted to see CVH reform. The one person who didn't was Eddie (Alex and Mike would have played with whoever).

I mean, did anybody on these boards today hear anyone else in 1996 expressing a belief that Roth getting back with the band was a bad thing? That the band would have been better off holding onto Hagar? Was there one single fan who was glad Van Halen dumped Roth for Cherone...who thought Gary would be a better fit for Van Halen than Dave?

When considering how Van Halen 3 tanked, Cherone is lucky to get off as lightly in the press from Dave as he did. I'd be willing to bet the light treatment was the result of Cherone wisely not shitting all over the CVH legacy...it's something Hagar could not restrain himself from doing, and he understandably got shit on by Roth for it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                      DWhen considering how Van Halen 3 tanked, Cherone is lucky to get off as lightly in the press from Dave as he did. I'd be willing to bet the light treatment was the result of Cherone wisely not shitting all over the CVH legacy...it's something Hagar could not restrain himself from doing, and he understandably got shit on by Roth for it.
                      Agreed.. I don't care for VHIII, but I respect how Gary spoke of, and continues to speak of CVH highly
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Understood. But Nuno apart from the aforementioned is kick ass!
                        I guess... a lot of folks have high praise for his guitar work. I guess my ears have never found it or he's just aligned himself with utterly shitty bands/musicians that provide no real showcase for his axe wizardry...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          I guess... a lot of folks have high praise for his guitar work. I guess my ears have never found it or he's just aligned himself with utterly shitty bands/musicians that provide no real showcase for his axe wizardry...
                          It's easy to pass Extreme of as shitty since Nuno was the only stand out of the band as far as I was concerned. What many don't know about Nuno is that he is actually a lot like Prince. He can literally do it all and has. Can't delve too deep into it at the moment, but I will say that his post Extreme work is very impressive, not just from a guitar playing stand point and he has always been one of the better guitarists I've seen live.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

It's easy to pass Extreme of as shitty since Nuno was the only stand out of the band as far as I was concerned. What many don't know about Nuno is that he is actually a lot like Prince. He can literally do it all and has. Can't delve too deep into it at the moment, but I will say that his post Extreme work is very impressive, not just from a guitar playing stand point and he has always been one of the better guitarists I've seen live.
                            THIS...the dude is sick talented. Plays guitar, piano, and sings better than Cherone. Hugely underrated player and musician.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VHscraps
                              As the mighty DLR once said, when asked what he thought about Gary Cherone being in Van Halen after the nixed reunion:

"I think Extreme is short for EXTREMELY BORING"

Say it, Dave.
                              Dave also told both Gary and Nuno on the ill fated ALAE tour that he was impressed by them and that he thought they could give Van (Hagar) a run for their money. Always thought it was odd that Dave ended up dissing them.

Dave apparently, also said around the time of the Sam & Dave tour, that Gary wouldn't be joining them as he was busy doing the Vagina Monologues. Funny as hell, but harsh.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I still don't really blame Cherone for taking the gig. His band was dying and he gets the call accompanied no doubt by a bunch of BS about Dave, what else was he going to do?

Comment

Working...