• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dan
    VA,All I Can Say Is,How Dare They.
    It's not a biggie, I spoke to her, it was just a couple of pics, nothing against us at all.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vaijuju
      Sniper
      • Jan 2008

A Message from Eddie:
      Hey guys, Eddie here. Thank you for the overwhelming support and all of your cool comments! Hanging out, taking it easy and feeling better every day. Can’t wait to see you all in 2013!
      -Eddie
      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Official DLR site updated

"SENSEI" is a Japanese word that means "Master"
        Last edited by Cato; 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM.
        Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Sweet As.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Finally the dance moves and all that are making sense... Dave's training to become a professional baton twirler. Whoopty fuckin doooo!!

Jesus H Christ!!! Shootin his load on a talking garbage can...Fuckin Baton Twirling lessons... Will someone drag his bored ass back to LA and park him in front of 5150 and shove a mic in his hand!!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Fucking cool. When Dave does the baton, especially in 2007 at the end of the Jump solo, it was my favorite part of the show.....well, 2nd to the opening when VAN FUCKING HALEN actually hit the stage!

Is the translator doing that for us? Or is he translating real time for Dave? Does Dave speak Japanese? Weird to see Dave silent for so long & intently listening to someone else. Someone has been staying frosty.....
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cato
                "SENSEI" is a Japanese word that means "Master"
                Oh trust me, Cato-san, us Americans know what Sensei means....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

The enemy deserves no mercy! SWEEP THE LEG!
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

It's not a baton you super homos.

It's a staff or a stick or a pole, no not that kind of pole you homos.

A Baton is somethinga drum majorette twirls as she leads a parade.

So why you all love DLR for his,drum major antics,that made VH better than the other bands of the time..
                    his,leader of the band attitude,used to sit well with you all.

Now you are all a bunch of cunts saying his martial arts training is simple baton twirling.

Yeah sure my old man was born in 1917 and his old school bad assed way was whats with all the karate posing shit I'll crush your face with simle fist moves ..bring it on.

You can study all that shit and get you ass handed to you by a street raised old man with iron knuckles.

We all know that...but what we seldom remember is the Bushido is that way of the non posing boxing style.

I GOT YOUR IRON CRANE !!!...That is the way of the Bushido....it's all the same.

It's just all the same training and timing, old man style or skilled life long involvment in a skill style...both get the job done.

Training is training..in a studio dojo or the school of learning in the moment..my old man would have crushed Bruce Lee's neck.

FIGHT THE POWER!!!

P.S. I like this vid and the foot play by the teacher..very interesting .
                    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 10-13-2012, 10:05 AM.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Twirling sticks or batons is just that... pansy ass pretend playtime for tough guys that have no fight on their card. Big fuckin deal...

Look that bald SOB better be giving Diamond Dave vocal training... that's the skill position that needs honing and in stark reality the ONLY fight on Dave's card.

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                        Training is training..in a studio dojo or the school of learning in the moment..my old man would have crushed Bruce Lee's neck.

My Daddy would've strung up your old man by his neck and let his coon dogs have a nice snack!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Look that bald SOB better be giving Diamond Dave vocal training... that's the skill position that needs honing and in stark reality the ONLY fight on Dave's card.
                          Preach it brother!!
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

OH YEAH!!!

Well,.. I bet your daddy's coon hounds ran from rabbits and never tree'd no coon.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              Twirling sticks or batons is just that... pansy ass pretend playtime for tough guys that have no fight on their card. Big fuckin deal...

I bet DLR would buy me a beer and he and I would, talk about the majesty of sticks and the infinite complexities of the crack of your, skull sound, with those sticks, and drink beers together and you would be outside the bar with your nose pushed up against the window with a bottle of zima in one hand and your pecker in the other.
                              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                                the infinite complexities of the crack
                                To assist... I edited your last post down to the core message you were struggling to convey...

Dude, seek help...

Comment

Working...