X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    Fraroc, do you really think Sammy is pretentious? In what way? He is a hillbilly selling tequila.
    Sammy isn't a hillbilly and don't insult hillbillys. Sammy is a California hippie. He hung around Haight Ashbury, lives up in Marin county where Jerry Garcia was a neighbor of his. The guy is a lame aging hippie he's not a redneck from Tennessee.

Sammy lives in Mill Valley where he owns a hotel. He jams with the hippies up there or used to.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

I'd say Bono is pretentious. Bono is trying to "end all wars", Sammy is selling fucking tequila.

But I have to admit, I hardly know any facts about Sammy, so I might be wrong. I base my opinion on what I have seen in couple of interviews.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

The way I see hippies they are usually ver slim, conscious about what is happening in the world, politics, reading books, high, relaxed. Sammy is fat, drink of choice is tequila, I don't think he sees more then what is right under his nose, hardly coinscious about politics or world problems, not calm as a hippie, I just feel he might explode any second.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Sammy isn't a hillbilly and don't insult hillbillys. Sammy is a California hippie. He hung around Haight Ashbury, lives up in Marin county where Jerry Garcia was a neighbor of his. The guy is a lame aging hippie he's not a redneck from Tennessee.

Sammy lives in Mill Valley where he owns a hotel. He jams with the hippies up there or used to.
          Didn't know he hangs with hippies. He feels so out of place there. He is so massive, as a bomb who's about to go off any minute.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sammy was one of the many in the early 70's living in The Haight. Look how the guy dresses. He's a lame hippie. The red rocker thing was more of an act because that is were the market went. The guy even did the soft rock shit of the late 70's.

Sammy Hagar 1978 Midnight Special. I am not associated in any way with Star Trek, CBS, NBC, ABC, E!, CNN, FOX, FX, World Wide Pants or MTV Studios , Comedy C...

Here's Sam in his "Summer breeze make me feel moist" days.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I still can't believe Jerry let that Chimp funding right wing asshole on stage with him.

Hagar ain't no hippie. Hippies don't donate to Repukes.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I'd say Bono is pretentious. Bono is trying to "end all wars", Sammy is selling fucking tequila.

But I have to admit, I hardly know any facts about Sammy, so I might be wrong. I base my opinion on what I have seen in couple of interviews.
                I can't stand Bono. He wears those dumb blue glasses because it's his attention thing and then he actually believes he can save the world. Kind of hard when you don't know who the enemy is Bono and you keep rubbing up to the oligarchs who are indeed the ones fucking the world using charity as the cover to do it. It's like the IMF saying they help third world countries but when you see what they are really up to they are robbing them. Oh well, I was once told the people with the biggest egos are actually the easiest ones to manipulate.

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vaijuju
                  1954 !
                  Yup, 1954.

It's in his book at one point - he states it right out.

The original band PR knocked a year off his age, and two years off Ed's age. That still results in confusion. Ed is only three months Dave's junior.
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

I can't stand Bono. He wears those dumb blue glasses because it's his attention thing and then he actually believes he can save the world. Kind of hard when you don't know who the enemy is Bono and you keep rubbing up to the oligarchs who are indeed the ones fucking the world using charity as the cover to do it. It's like the IMF saying they help third world countries but when you see what they are really up to they are robbing them. Oh well, I was once told the people with the biggest egos are actually the easiest ones to manipulate.
                    I hate him too. He is so full of shit. Pretentious is the word I'm looking for :-) He is pushing to come in to the circles that aren't really his place.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      I still can't believe Jerry let that Chimp funding right wing asshole on stage with him.

Hagar ain't no hippie. Hippies don't donate to Repukes.
                      They actually were neighbors and good friends. The whole hippie trend is long gone. The hippies sold out and became yuppies. They actually ruined San Fransisco. There wasn't a lot of substance to it because it was based on satisfaction now. Much like the yuppie mentality.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Sammy was one of the many in the early 70's living in The Haight. Look how the guy dresses. He's a lame hippie. The red rocker thing was more of an act because that is were the market went. The guy even did the soft rock shit of the late 70's.

Sammy Hagar 1978 Midnight Special. I am not associated in any way with Star Trek, CBS, NBC, ABC, E!, CNN, FOX, FX, World Wide Pants or MTV Studios , Comedy C...

Here's Sam in his "Summer breeze make me feel moist" days.
                        His marketing was a success. All I can see now when I look at him is a fat guy who drinks too much, eats too much red meat and always seems to sweat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I hate him too. He is so full of shit. Pretentious is the word I'm looking for :-) He is pushing to come in to the circles that aren't really his place.
                          and over his head.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

The truth about Bono...

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

His marketing was a success. All I can see now when I look at him is a fat guy who drinks too much, eats too much red meat and always seems to sweat.
                              Sammy is a good businessman. I doubt he ever got fleeced by managers and taken that way. Business wise the guy is pretty smart. I still maintain why Van Hagar was the commercial success it was is Eddie, Alex, and Mike got Sammy's management team. Sure the songs sucked and were cheese but Sam could sell them. Sammy is like the nachos they sell at sporting events. They are nasty and suck but people still buy lots of them and someone is making a lot of money off of it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

They used to have good nachos in San Diego at the ball park, back when it was Jack Murphy stadium. Mmmm...nachos.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...