• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    The truth about Bono...

I was just going to say he had someone else's stick up his ass but this makes the point better. LOL!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

They used to have good nachos in San Diego at the ball park, back when it was Jack Murphy stadium. Mmmm...nachos.
      Probably had Mexicans in the concession stand that knew what the fuck they were doing. Not Sammy pretending he was a Mexican running a tourist trap.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Not speaking of nachos...

Hagar is way cooler than Eddie trunk...

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The old guy down the road that sits on his porch and watches the cars go by is cooler than Eddie Trunk.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

What really killed Sam's credibility to me was what he did to Eddie in 2004, how he was making money off of the tequila while Eddie was on death's doorstep battling alcoholism. He didn't fucking care about his bandmate who was generous enough to give him the gig in 86'.

You see, I used to like both Dave and Sammy long, long ago (before you call me a sheep, I never liked how Sammy sang) . Then I watched and interview with Sam and one thought crossed my mind. "What an unbelievable fucking asshole!" It was there that I realized that it was not Dave who was the asshole, It wasn't Eddie who was the asshole. It was Benedict Hagar.

I'm sorry to all the sheep but Fuck Sammy, he's a backstabbing prick.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

Yeah, I'm gonna have to check with my regular traders, see if I can get a copy.
              I have a copy on VHS - now I just need to figure out how to get it onto DVD - I'm sure someone I know can do it for me. Will let you know
              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Sammy is a good businessman. I doubt he ever got fleeced by managers and taken that way. Business wise the guy is pretty smart. I still maintain why Van Hagar was the commercial success it was is Eddie, Alex, and Mike got Sammy's management team. Sure the songs sucked and were cheese but Sam could sell them. Sammy is like the nachos they sell at sporting events. They are nasty and suck but people still buy lots of them and someone is making a lot of money off of it.
                But even if he was a hippie, don't you think he is kind of out of place there? I feel he is misplaced in music in general. Music is a form of art, Sammy seems so... I don't know. Simple?
                Compare him to Syd Barrett. Or Dave. They are both so well placed in what they do/did.

Sammy remindes me both looks and manners and gestures of a friends uncle. He is also massive, sweating and about to explode. He is automechanic and really into sports.
                Last edited by envy_me; 09-17-2012, 06:42 PM.
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                  He is also massive, sweating and about to explode.
                  Some day, some day...
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Some day, some day...
                    Lmfao

You get me!
                    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

Working...